Reload this Page >

Status Match on any Skyteam carrier?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Status Match on any Skyteam carrier?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2010, 2:48 pm

Programs: QF Platinum, NZ *G, Le Club Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by Squerez
Yes, this is what's happening. You will get your card AFTER your first flight with CSA. Of course getting an update in your profile will be faster but always after your flight.

I will do status match with them with my *A card so that I will continue enjoying some benefits in MXP, CDG and PRG.
Officially I shouldn't because I'm already AZ member (downgraded too!) but they cannot verify that and after all I love CSA
Do you actually have to fly that flight. It's not of much use to me as I already have Skyteam Elite, but the description seemed a little ambiguous:

(from their website)

How to make use of the Card Match special?
All you need to do is purchase a ticket for any OK flight operated by Czech Airlines (with the exception of the Value Special price package) and complete the application for the issuing of an OK Plus Card.

Thoughts?
Old Jan 9, 2010, 2:23 am

Programs: FB Gold (E+),TK Elite(*A Gold)
Originally Posted by paffendorf
Squerez, come on! ... you have flown CSA since its creation
You are right!
In fact I became AZ CFA thanks to flights with them
Old Jan 9, 2010, 2:59 am

Originally Posted by ssnz
Do you actually have to fly that flight. It's not of much use to me as I already have Skyteam Elite, but the description seemed a little ambiguous:

(from their website)

How to make use of the Card Match special?
All you need to do is purchase a ticket for any OK flight operated by Czech Airlines (with the exception of the Value Special price package) and complete the application for the issuing of an OK Plus Card.

Thoughts?
In my opinion, you have to fly and not just to purchase.
In fact you need also to send your application BEFORE your flight!

Btw, also your miles crediting works in the same way and more likely they will status match you when they will see your ticket flown...

Check also here http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other...lite-plus.html
Old Jan 18, 2010, 4:37 am

Programs: BA,LH,CX,EK SPG,IC mainly and a few others
We are moving to MOW for 2-3 years, which would involve flying a fair bit on SU metal (mostly in C intra Russia once or twice a month and SVO/DME-LHR at least once a month depending on who we fly with), plus an occasional KE/KL/AF flight even though we would try to fly Star instead of ST if possible. Unfortunately my CO Plat is useless now that CO is not in SkyTeam. Which Sky Team FFP should I sign up? Main criteria is status match, hence Flying Blue is useless as they don't status match. DL/NW is pointless as we will not be flying them.

I have OW gold (BA) and a few Star Golds. My wife has BA Silver and LH Gold.

Thanks in advance for your help.
Old Jan 19, 2010, 1:49 am

Programs: CX SL, AB Gold, AF/KL FB Silver, HU/HX Silver, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by LonLH
We are moving to MOW for 2-3 years, which would involve flying a fair bit on SU metal (mostly in C intra Russia once or twice a month and SVO/DME-LHR at least once a month depending on who we fly with), plus an occasional KE/KL/AF flight even though we would try to fly Star instead of ST if possible. Unfortunately my CO Plat is useless now that CO is not in SkyTeam. Which Sky Team FFP should I sign up? Main criteria is status match, hence Flying Blue is useless as they don't status match. DL/NW is pointless as we will not be flying them.

Possibly Aeroflot? I've emailed them and a director of marketing has invited me to join (they refer to it as "elite club invitation"). I've replied but no answer yet (~3 weeks).
Old Jan 19, 2010, 6:15 am

Programs: KLM Flying Dutchman forever, bmi Diamond Club (is there a theme here?), LH, BA, EK, DL nobody
We are moving to MOW for 2-3 years, which would involve flying a fair bit on SU metal (mostly in C intra Russia once or twice a month and SVO/DME-LHR at least once a month depending on who we fly with), plus an occasional KE/KL/AF flight even though we would try to fly Star instead of ST if possible. Unfortunately my CO Plat is useless now that CO is not in SkyTeam. Which Sky Team FFP should I sign up?
Unless you want to redeem miles on SU metal out of/into Russia, where Aeroflot Bonus has some good awards, you'd probably be better off with OK Plus. As luck would have it, they are running a status match promo right now. It is available for residents of several markets including Russia. You'll need to fly once with them, though.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other...lite-plus.html

P.S. Oh, and join us for a drink once you're in Moscow ^.
Old Jan 20, 2010, 3:04 am

Originally Posted by apoivre
Unless you want to redeem miles on SU metal out of/into Russia, where Aeroflot Bonus has some good awards, you'd probably be better off with OK Plus. As luck would have it, they are running a status match promo right now. It is available for residents of several markets including Russia. You'll need to fly once with them, though.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/other...lite-plus.html

P.S. Oh, and join us for a drink once you're in Moscow ^.
Thanks a lot- it is unlikely I will be flying OK a lot, but it looks more promising than SU.
PS: Will be there after Easter. Drinks are on!
Old Jan 20, 2010, 3:26 am

Programs: BAEC G/*O E
Which Sky Team FFP should I sign up? Main criteria is status match, hence Flying Blue is useless as they don't status match. DL/NW is pointless as we will not be flying them.
Provided most of your flights will be with SU go for their gold . this will give you access to SU lounges on domestic flights (E+ from other carriers doesn't give that). Most of them are quite dodgy but still better than general waiting area (which is useful when your flight is seriously delayed).
S7 is joining *O later this year, so you will probably want to match with them too. They had an "instant match" promo, which I believe expired today. I would still encourage you to e-mail them at priority_at_s7_dot_ru and ask if they will still be willing to comp you.
Old Jan 20, 2010, 4:56 am

Programs: KLM Flying Dutchman forever, bmi Diamond Club (is there a theme here?), LH, BA, EK, DL nobody
Originally Posted by luitje
Provided most of your flights will be with SU go for their gold . this will give you access to SU lounges on domestic flights (E+ from other carriers doesn't give that).
My first thought was about domestic lounge access, too, but then I realized the OP would be flying intra-Russia in C anyway... And holding status with BAEC would entitle them for lounge access when flying S7 (shudder), too, so no need for a status match with them, either.
Old Jan 20, 2010, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by apoivre
MAnd holding status with BAEC would entitle them for lounge access when flying S7 (shudder), too, so no need for a status match with them, either.
Only when/if S7 joins *O (supposedly sometime in Q4). Till then S7 gold could be handy. And then again SU doesn't fly everywhere, so having a card with S7 might help not loosing miles.

Good catch on OP planning to go mostly in C. OK is then a better option indeed.
Old Jan 20, 2010, 5:59 pm

Programs: DL GM (2MM), Lifetime Marriott Plat, Hilton Gold, IHG Plat
Only when/if S7 joins *O
Hmmm. *A or OW? I'm hoping for *A personally. Any sources for us to track this process via?

Thanks in advance...
Old Jan 21, 2010, 3:28 am

Originally Posted by woody125
Hmmm. *A or OW? I'm hoping for *A personally. Any sources for us to track this process via?

Thanks in advance...
OW for sure - http://www.oneworld.com/ow/news/details?objectID=18020
Old Jan 21, 2010, 5:44 am

Us flying S7 is very unlikely- it might be a tossup between SU and Transaero for domestic Russia flights. I suspect my BD gold should get me into Transaero lounges when flying them (if it is like VS and BD).
I have sent a mail to SU re status match, but have not heard from them yet. OK needs a flight in any class, I can do a OSL-PRG weekend trip which should take care of OK gold. I didn't know that SU does not give lounge access to ST Elite Plus for domestic itins. I remember getting lounge access as a CO Plat when I flew SVX-SVO a couple of years ago.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 7:12 am

I didn't know that SU does not give lounge access to ST Elite Plus for domestic itins. I remember getting lounge access as a CO Plat when I flew SVX-SVO a couple of years ago.
I believe they axed this perk to their Silvers and all ST Elite Pluses a bit more than a year ago. Shouldn't bother you a bit, since all C pax get access regardless of their status with SU or ST.
On the bright side, if they match you (and I am sure they will - just give them time; SU are known to be painfully slow), those golds who earn 150K+ member miles a year and do at least 75% of their flights in C get prmoted to Aeroflot Prime tier. Those few who made it with SU claim Aeroflot rolls out a red carpet for their Prime members with many unpublished perks and benefits.
Old Jan 21, 2010, 8:19 am

Aeroflot rolls out a red carpet for their Prime members with many unpublished perks and benefits.
Mmmhhh let me dream about...

Last edited by Squerez; Jan 21, 2010 at 8:27 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.