Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Sixt | Sixt Card
Reload this Page >

Unreasonable charges from Sixt: what should I do

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29, 2016, 11:34 am
Original Poster

We rented a car from Sixt in Europe last month. There was a minor scratch at time of return and we accepted the liability for it, but a week later Sixt sent me a claim agreement of around 3000 Euro which is much higher for a small scratch like that. We tried to confirm it with Sixt but they summed it up as administrative loss, day loss cost etc.
Since we did not opt for extra insurance plan, they had blocked some extra amount from our credit card. However by now they have only charged the rental fee and no other fee is deducted but demand of 3000 Euro is not acceptable. Please help me to sort this matter if anyone has any such experience and let me know the consequences if I fail to pay the claim amount.
Old Jul 29, 2016, 6:27 pm

Same thing happened to me. Mine was 5000 euro! Sent the customer service a massage two weeks ago still no reply.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.