Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Sixt | Sixt Card
Reload this Page >

Anyone used SIXT car rental at MIA? [merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone used SIXT car rental at MIA? [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9, 2015, 11:48 am

Programs: Sixt Platinum, Europcar Privilege Executive
Originally Posted by mike929
Yes, that is the oddest thing. To have front and rear sensors but no camera. I have yet to have an issue with navigation on the LTZ Tahoe. I actually got a 4x4 version with an amaretto color interior. A fully loaded LTZ is hard to beat, it has comfort and technology.
In Europe it's a lot more common not to have the rear view camera, at least what I've noticed. Well ok I only have most experience from Finland, but have rented in Germany as well. For me usually the sensors are enough to manage. Though not sure how it would be with BIGGER SUV's Tahoe I've seen in pictures looks good yeah.

On the point on National (sorry for having it in a wrong thread :P), I have Europcar privilege executive, does National match that to their own system somehow? I know they are very closely related?

- o

Last edited by ohko; Apr 9, 2015 at 11:51 am Reason: Typo fix
Old Apr 9, 2015, 5:54 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by mike929
Yes, that is the oddest thing. To have front and rear sensors but no camera. I have yet to have an issue with navigation on the LTZ Tahoe. I actually got a 4x4 version with an amaretto color interior. A fully loaded LTZ is hard to beat, it has comfort and technology.
Just google "tahoe gps red X" Out of the five 2015 Suburban/Tahoe I had from National this year, 3 of them had the red X. All of them were under 10,000 miles. Bad quality control and entirely unacceptable if they market OnStar automatically summoning emergency responders in the event of airbag deployment. Last one I had while in Miami placed the vehicle in the the Gulf of Mexico. I kid you not.

As for rear view camera, it should be standard by 2018 as required by federal law for vehicles under 10,000 lbs.
Old Aug 25, 2015, 1:02 pm

Reviving this thread in the hope that someone can explain the toll system to me. It looks like Sixt is offering an "Express Toll" option in Florida for $ 9.31 per day. If I'm liable to get on the highway occasionally - which, driving between the airport, Coral Gables, Miami Beach, and generally around town, I'm likely to do - does this make sense? is there any alternative, short of ordering my own SunPass?

I appreciate that Sixt's prices are below their competitors, but over $9 a day for something that, say, National gives you gratis (less the price of the tolls themselves) seems like a stretch.
Old Aug 29, 2015, 5:25 pm
Original Member

Sixt at MIA?

National does charge additional fee in addition to toll charge.
Old Jan 30, 2016, 8:57 am

MIA Sixt rental XFAR in September

this was the first time, we rented with Sixt in the US. At the car rental center at the MIA airport sixt had the longest line! After about 25 minutes, a very friendly woman gave us an BMW X5. It was a great car, very clean, 3000 km. Perfect! I asked for an escalade and they told me, I should drive by in 2 days.. They will try to help! It was Perfect! 2 days later, they gave us the escalade! Such a nice Sixt Crew. 5 stars experience! We will go to LA in november. I have already reserved XFAR there. Hope for comparing good experiences.
Old Jan 30, 2016, 5:39 pm
Original Member

Anyone used SIXT car rental at MIA?

If you are an Sixt express card member you can go straight to the booth at the garage to skip the line.
Old Jan 31, 2016, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by seawolf
If you are an Sixt express card member you can go straight to the booth at the garage to skip the line.
Hey great! Thank you 😊👍🏼 I'm plat and didn't know that..
Old Feb 19, 2016, 9:42 pm
Original Member

Sixt at MIA?

Just want to iterate again if you are Sixt express card member and there is a line for the Sixt office on the same floor as the air train (4th floor), you can complete contract formalities on the 3rd floor (unfortunate this is not 24 hours). Was at MIA a couple of days ago. There were 10-12 waiting in line. No one on line on the 3rd floor.
Old Mar 25, 2016, 5:01 pm
t1c

Programs: AMEX, Ritz LT-Plat Prem, Hyatt Plat, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Delta Plat, United Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by seawolf
Had a new agent today since I took an earlier flight than the one I deal with on a regular basis. This agent went thru the insurance/toll/gas selling routine.

Quasi lying about about my AMEX not providing coverage for vehicle. How would she know whether my card covers or not?

Quasi lying about Sixt charging less per gallon of gas than outside. The gas station outside the car rental center probably does charge more ($1.5-$2 per gallon more than the ones 3-4 blocks away). But right now gas is around $2.75 a gallon.
Amex does have limits of coverage when renting cars based on the value of the rental car. This may have been what she was speaking about if the car you were renting was over the Amex threshold.
Old Mar 25, 2016, 6:50 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by t1c
Amex does have limits of coverage when renting cars based on the value of the rental car. This may have been what she was speaking about if the car you were renting was over the Amex threshold.
What you describe wasn't it. She was simply trying to sell CDW and implying AMEX does not cover.

Let's say for a moment, she was well versed in AMEX coverage. Then she would have known that AMEX coverage limit well exceed the value of the vehicle I was renting. Her implying AMEX does not cover is outright lying.

On the other hand, let's say she had no idea what AMEX covers. In this case, her implying AMEX does not cover with no actual knowledge on AMEX coverage is an attempt to confuse and mislead customer.

Take your pick, outright lying vs. attempting to confuse/mislead. Doesn't look good from any angle. Most Sixt agents simply ask if I want coverage and leave it at that. They don't pretend to know whether my coverage is adequate or applicable and then go on to imply my coverage is not applicable.
Old Jun 12, 2016, 5:35 am

I have a PPAR (Silverado Pickup) booked for November, would love to know ahead of time if it will indeed be a Silverado or Ram/F150.

Surely in this day and age it wouldn't be too difficult for each location to just publish a list of their rental fleet every month? Just a simple list, updated monthly, on a blog or similar. Hell, even an opt-in mailshot would be good.

Anyone from Sixt fancy updating your already excellent customer service (in my experience) and offer this?
Old Jun 12, 2016, 7:01 am
Original Member

Never seen a pickup at Sixt MIA before. But that was last year, maybe things have changed.
Old Jun 12, 2016, 11:03 pm

Programs: SIXT Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Hilton Honors Gold,
If I remember correctly there was a Silverado at MIA when I picked up my car at the end of may. The Silverado was not on usual level 3 of the rental car center. They now have additional cars on level one.
Old Jun 18, 2016, 7:50 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Has anyone had the opportunity to rent at the Sixt location in South Beach? Have rates 1/2 of Hertz and haven't used Sixt in the US yet. I did get an upgrade to Platinum though via a status match so I'd be willing to try them out. I've heard some tough things about this location saying customers have damaged cars 1 month after return. Experiences?
Old Jun 19, 2016, 1:10 am

Programs: SIXT Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Hilton Honors Gold,
Had to change my car at the WashingtonAve office. It's a small location with helpful staff but limited choice of cars. So if you are looking for upgrades it could be difficult - especially to the Xxxx groups.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.