Sixt - Any Questions?

Old Jul 20, 2010, 10:27 am
Company Representative - Sixt
Original Poster

Programs: www.sixtblog.co.uk; http://www.facebook.com/sixtrentacaruk
Sixt - Any Questions?

Hi,

I'm Gary Coughlan, I am the Customer Service Manager for Sixt in the U.K.

If anybody has any questions I will do my best to provide an answer.
Old Jul 20, 2010, 1:41 pm

Programs: IC Plat. Royal Ambassador, HHonors Gold, Air Berlin Topbonus Gold, Miles & More FT, SIXT Diamond
Hi Gary,

as a frequent SIXT-renter I regular look up this forum.

I just wanted to explain my respect to you and are positivly surprised that someone from SIXT really takes these issues in this forum serious and tries to help on problems or replies directly on customer questions.

GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE, which is not seen to often ^^^
Old Jul 20, 2010, 5:24 pm

Programs: LH:SEN++ 2012, FB Plat,AMX:PLA/CRB, *WOOD:PLA,Sixt:Diamond , LuckyStrike:Red, others
Originally Posted by lemieux66
Hi Gary,

I just wanted to explain my respect to you and are positivly surprised that someone from SIXT really takes these issues in this forum serious and tries to help on problems or replies directly on customer questions.

+ 1 ^
I absolutely second that one. Thanks Gary!
But wasn't this one supposed to be for Questions..?

We've been discussing a few issues with the pricing system and the changes we had to witness in some of the threads here. And with the end of April, it's been looking like a more stable concept.
However, when one tries to quote a weekend rental in Germany with either a Diamond or Platinum Card, it seems there's currently no rebate/discount in place. All prices found so far would give me an advantage of only 5%.
To be more precise, I'm not talking about absolute figuers in here, (which can be dependant on the local station's utilisation and car availability).
I simply compare a normal online quote with those made through a status or personal account/card.
Is this another new enhancement or would you consider this as an IT glitch..

Thanks a lot !
Old Jul 20, 2010, 10:12 pm

Thumbs up Recent rental

Hi Gary
I recently made a booking via the iPhone app, great deal with ref number 6045198465.

I was surprised not to be asked for any credit card details. Is the booking 'definite' as I can't be without a car on landing? Also, is the price pretty much guaranteed?

Thanks
Sue

p s I also would like to let you know that there may be two identical bookings on my name as I didn't rec'v any confirmation of the first
Old Jul 21, 2010, 12:58 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by lemieux66
Hi Gary,

Thank you for your warm comments.

Our approach to Customer Service is to be proactive, my team is actively seeking out the issues and really having an honest and open conversation with our customers, whether it be directly on their blog, twitter or here on Flyertalk. Flyertalk is the most relevant Forum and an invaluable source of information for it's many users.
Old Jul 21, 2010, 3:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MichaelFFM
+ 1 ^
I absolutely second that one. Thanks Gary!
But wasn't this one supposed to be for Questions..?

We've been discussing a few issues with the pricing system and the changes we had to witness in some of the threads here. And with the end of April, it's been looking like a more stable concept.
However, when one tries to quote a weekend rental in Germany with either a Diamond or Platinum Card, it seems there's currently no rebate/discount in place. All prices found so far would give me an advantage of only 5%.
To be more precise, I'm not talking about absolute figuers in here, (which can be dependant on the local station's utilisation and car availability).
I simply compare a normal online quote with those made through a status or personal account/card.
Is this another new enhancement or would you consider this as an IT glitch..

Thanks a lot !
During our highest peaks in utilisation and therefore in price the available discount is lower. This is also true when utilisation is extremely low and rates reduced to the lowest price.

We had an issue with point of sale which was affecting a few customers, additional programming has now been completed and this has now been resolved as of today.

If you are concerned, I will be happy to replicate your bookings and investigate this further for you. My e-mail address is gary.coughlan{at}sixt.com if you would like to forward some detail.

Last edited by Gary Coughlan; Jul 21, 2010 at 10:43 am
Old Jul 21, 2010, 5:57 am

Proudly blacklisted by Hertz after 15 yrs. of loyality as a PC customer.

I'm curious what happened, if you don't mind sharing.
Old Jul 21, 2010, 6:29 am

Sixt Ireland

Not strictly in your area but I have just been hit with a new initiative from sixt.ie. As usual I hired a car last month (private - holiday) and went through the motorway toll around Dublin (twice) in my stay. I paid two lots of 3 Euro via the internet both times on the day I tavelled (as usual). I then got billed four times by SIXT for 4.50 Euros each time. Seems like they have an agreement with the eflow toll people that eflow charge Sixt and Sixt recoup the money from the hirer. And of course with an admin charge of 1.50 Euro each time on top. Seems to me to be a method for Sixt to make more money at the expense of the customer - there is no option apparently. I used to be a very satisfied Sixt customer - now I am frustrated and quite angry about it. I did get the tolls refunded but not the cost of the SEVEN international phones calls it took to resolve the issue, I've still got to crack that. Be warned about this practice.
Old Jul 21, 2010, 9:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SueZ71
Hi Gary
I recently made a booking via the iPhone app, great deal with ref number 6045198465.

I was surprised not to be asked for any credit card details. Is the booking 'definite' as I can't be without a car on landing? Also, is the price pretty much guaranteed?

Thanks
Sue

p s I also would like to let you know that there may be two identical bookings on my name as I didn't rec'v any confirmation of the first
Hi Sue,

We tried to make the iPhone app easy to use and intentionally kept it simple. The idea is to allow you to make a booking with the minimum amount of "clicks"
We don't take the credit card at reservation because this can be provided later. I can confirm of course that your vehicle has been reserved. My colleague will cancel the duplicate booking and forward a reservation confirmation to you for the reservation that remains.

The feed back we've had on our App has been very good, I hope you enjoy using it. To those who haven't already tried it, I included the link to our webpage that explains the various mobile applications and how to install.

http://www.sixt.co.uk/rental-service...e-reservation/
Old Jul 21, 2010, 9:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Jive-Mad
Not strictly in your area but I have just been hit with a new initiative from sixt.ie. As usual I hired a car last month (private - holiday) and went through the motorway toll around Dublin (twice) in my stay. I paid two lots of 3 Euro via the internet both times on the day I tavelled (as usual). I then got billed four times by SIXT for 4.50 Euros each time. Seems like they have an agreement with the eflow toll people that eflow charge Sixt and Sixt recoup the money from the hirer. And of course with an admin charge of 1.50 Euro each time on top. Seems to me to be a method for Sixt to make more money at the expense of the customer - there is no option apparently. I used to be a very satisfied Sixt customer - now I am frustrated and quite angry about it. I did get the tolls refunded but not the cost of the SEVEN international phones calls it took to resolve the issue, I've still got to crack that. Be warned about this practice.
I'm sorry to hear about this, I must admit I am not aware of this issue. Could you forward any correspondance or further detail to gary.coughlan[at]sixt.com and I'll take a look at this for you.
Old Jul 21, 2010, 10:15 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Great to have you around Gary. The Sixt customer service is generally on a very high level and it is great to see that you now become active on FT. ^
Old Jul 21, 2010, 10:41 am

Hi

When I got the information about my rental in Munich, it said that I had rented a: "Sample vehicle: BMW 5er Gran Turismo *NAVI* (LDAR)".

On the website, however, it says that it could be a BMW 5er. They are in the same "class". The 5er could be a much smaller car, so I am wondering which car I should expect? The picture shows the GT. Also, do you know what engine? (not Diesel)

Thank you very much!
Old Jul 21, 2010, 10:49 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kr3m
Hi

When I got the information about my rental in Munich, it said that I had rented a: "Sample vehicle: BMW 5er Gran Turismo *NAVI* (LDAR)".

On the website, however, it says that it could be a BMW 5er. They are in the same "class". The 5er could be a much smaller car, so I am wondering which car I should expect? The picture shows the GT. Also, do you know what engine? (not Diesel)

Thank you very much!

Could you e-mail your reservation number to gary.coughlan[at]sixt.com and I'll look into this for you.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 5:57 am

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
On the website, however, it says that it could be a BMW 5er. They are in the same "class". The 5er could be a much smaller car, so I am wondering which car I should expect?
Why do you think that the 5er limousine is "much smaller" than the GT? The GT is a mere 9 cm longer and in the interior there is not much of a difference either. At least it is nothing I would worry about for even a second.

The picture shows the GT. Also, do you know what engine? (not Diesel)
As they assign cars on the day of arrival they normally can't tell in advance. If you rent at a larger station such as Munich Ariport you should normally have the choice.

Enjoy your trip.
Old Jul 22, 2010, 6:26 am

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M SEN, SPG Gold, PC Platinum
No upgrade?

On my recent trip to Milan (reservation number: 6045116230), I did not receive any upgrade as being a Sixt Platinum member.
Doesn't Sixt honor it's platinum members anymore?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.