Wiki Posts
Search

Sixt - Any Questions?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2016, 1:18 am

Programs: hyatt hotel,fourseasons hotel,qatarair,sixt platinum
Smile For Reservation

Hi Hope everyone having a great day!

Am ready to plan next business trip to Germany.
So far my choice was very good @frankfurt city center zeil 5 branch, except last rent which had to spend 5hours to refill Adblue and engine oil for Audi A6 on March 2016. It was stressed with the rent car even the car was clean one but was not be checked before released to guest by sixt office. I don't think it was German way! Just joke...;)
Also this branch staff were very kind as well as never gave me HARD seats BMW car! I love it,because I used to drive Mercedes instead of sitting on wooden bench.This is not a joke! Thanks again!

Anyhow my wife n myself will visit Germany again with same sixt rent ride.
So we will rent a car from Frankfurt city center zeil 5 branch,so I would like to ask if possible please check my rent car before release the car key.
And also please No BMW as well. Prefer Mercedes.
Have a beautiful day!

Thanks
Attached Images  
Old Aug 26, 2016, 9:26 am

Hi there,

I'd like to rent a BMW convertible model from 12/9 to 21/9 in Munich. As I see on sixt's website, the BMW 6 Series Convertible (group XTAR - maybe it'll be a Mercedes SL roadster, but I don't want this) is available during that period at Munich Sheraton Hotel location.

However, when I finished booking, all I got is an email from responsible branch said that the vehicle is unavailable. Is there any way to rent a BMW 6 Series Convertible (exact it, not the Merc SL) anywhere in Munich for that period?

Thank you very much!

Phong Vu
Old Sep 6, 2016, 11:38 pm
Suspended

Hi everyone,

I rent a car last week and even if everything went perfectly it raised some questions to me.
I booked a BMW3, Mercedes C car car group and ended with a Maseratti Ghibli. Of course I was surprised and pleased of the upgrade, the agent told me it was because they did not have other cars.
I did not bother paying the extra car insurrance for 2 days (my cc does not cover those cars) but if the rental was longer, the upgrade could have been very expensive in the end.
I understand it is a tricky situation but what would have been my solutions in this case, especially if you really need the car but one that is covered by your cc ?

Thanks
Old Nov 7, 2016, 5:10 pm

Location: Washington D.C. via Sao Paulo via Houston via Washington D.C. via Boston via New York
so I received an email stating I got two tickets during a rental, no clue how/where just that I received two tickets, I got charged two fees for 25Euro each, can someone at Sixt explain to me what that 25Euro goes towards? When I search online it just states it's an administrative fee, which sounds 100% bogus IMO.
Old Nov 7, 2016, 7:06 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by macdonaldj2
When I search online it just states it's an administrative fee, which sounds 100% bogus IMO.
All car rental companies charge you for the privilege of giving your identifying information to the authorities who issued the traffic citations. The official citations will follow in due course.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 12:47 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by macdonaldj2
so I received an email stating I got two tickets during a rental, no clue how/where just that I received two tickets, I got charged two fees for 25Euro each, can someone at Sixt explain to me what that 25Euro goes towards? When I search online it just states it's an administrative fee, which sounds 100% bogus IMO.
Do you have a SIXT express rental number and was it associated with the rental? If so you can login to sixt, pull up your rental history and you should find PDF attachment of the ticket Sixt received for this rental.

If you are not a member, give them a call and they should be able to email you a copy.

Having said that, even if Sixt gives you a copy, I would NOT do anything about the ticket until you receive the ticket from the ticketing authority especially if you are out of country renter. Often times the ticketing authority will not send you anything and drop the matter completely when they find out the driver is out of country and the fine is small.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 10:38 am

Has Sixt changed their policy for platinum upgrades? I will be picking up a car in PHL tomorrow morning. I just received a call from Sixt PHL to confirm my rental. This is the first time I have ever been called by any Sixt representative for any of my rentals, so I was a bit surprised.

I know being platinum ( I would love to be diamond ) I should be able to get double upgrades, of course based on availability. However, I was told I do not qualify for an upgrade. I do not have enough rentals as told by the system, per the rep. I could however, pay $12 per day for a double upgrade.

So, is Sixt now fee based and/or an accumulation of rentals in order to get upgrades? When I first joined Sixt it was absolutely hands down great and very competitive and was really a no brainer for the price paid vs the competition. Now i'm not so sure. Someone please enlighten me.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 11:21 am
Original Member

Not a new policy. You always had to rent 10 times or more (20 if member does NOT live in Belgium, Spain, France, UK, the Netherlands and the USA.) in the past 12 months to maintain the upgrade privilege.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 11:54 am

Originally Posted by seawolf
Not a new policy. You always had to rent 10 times or more (20 if member does NOT live in Belgium, Spain, France, UK, the Netherlands and the USA.) in the past 12 months to maintain the upgrade privilege.
Thank you

So, is that rent 10 times to keep status or 10 times just to get an upgrade?
Old Nov 8, 2016, 12:58 pm
Original Member

Platinum status by itself doesn't really mean anything other than a better discount than Gold. To keep the upgrade privilege, you need to qualify on a rolling prior 12-month period.
Old Nov 8, 2016, 1:33 pm

Got it,thanks again
Old Nov 13, 2016, 3:51 pm

First time renter

Originally Posted by Gary Coughlan
Hi,

I'm Gary Coughlan, I am the Customer Service Manager for Sixt in the U.K.

If anybody has any questions I will do my best to provide an answer.
Me and my partner recently rented a car via Sixt. We informed the staff based at Faro (Portugal) Sixt that this was our first time renting a car and were novices. Once we were given our keys, we were told "don't worry about the scratches and chips" and no one came over to the car with us. We noticed a chip on the windscreen and took a picture of the damage and went on our way. When we returned the car, the people inspecting noticed the chip and we mentioned that it was there when we took the car. This resulted in the refusal to give us the deposit back and telling us that it was our fault. Given that this was our first time renting a car, no member of staff let us know that if there any damage prior to us getting the car, to let them know. This now means that Ł300 of our money is in jeopardy, all because the team based at Faro airport did not go through with their due diligence, even after we presented them with the photographic evidence of the chip. Can anyone advise on how to move forward??
Old Nov 23, 2016, 7:32 am

Hi Gary,

I have a complaint to make regarding my last rental from Sixt Dubai. I've sent two emails and have called a dozen times with no answer. Can you please help me get through to the right person.

I've made a post detailing the experience I had.

Many thanks
Old Dec 2, 2016, 10:58 am
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Hi Gary

During my rental number 9347132808 I got a traffic fine.

I think the purpose of punitive fines is to effect a modification of behaviour

Is there any way of finding out what my infraction was and where so that I may exercise more caution in the future?
Old Dec 4, 2016, 8:41 am

So for the past 3 weeks I've been trying to speak to someone about my last rental and I am shocked that I've not received an answer yet. 10 years of renting with Sixt, I didn't think they would deal with my complaint in this way. very disappointing. I've sent 5 emails and tried contacting customer service on here with no success.

They don't seem to care if a member stops using their service. Can't begin to explain how upsetting this is. As courtesy, the least expected is to respond, but my emails are being ignored completely. shameful.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.