Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Sixt | Sixt Card
Reload this Page >

Sixt a Car - Recovery / Storage Fee meaning?

Old Dec 12, 2023, 8:50 am
Original Poster

Hi,

Back in October, I rented a car from Sixt A Car in the US, California State, for a total of 3 days. After more than 2 months after return, I recieve a notification via gmail from them about a payment that I have to proceed, regarding a situation that happened in the 2nd day, where, by mistake, I had fueled the car with the wrong type of fuel.

After a couple of calls, they tucked our car, gave us another one, and the lady on the phone that day told us (she was wrong) after I carefully read the T.C of SAC (California), that we are covered by our damage waiver, whice was not the case.

Either way, we got an INVOICE of a total amount of 1800$, from which 1350$ is stated as "Recovery / Storage Fee". At a first glance, this amount is absurd, considering that the repairing costs were 436$, since we figured out 30 seconds later after turning on the engine, so, by assumption, I do not believe that we did considerable damage to the engine or other components (may I be corrected if I'm mistaken).

I could not find any additional details on their website about the meaning of Recovery / Storage FEE, only something about concession recovery fee, which seems to be something, by definition, completely different than my actual case.

I'm waiting for additional details about the meaning of this fee and a potential breakdown, but I still haven't recieved an answer. In the meantime, I decided to share this in hopes that someone might have a clue.

Additional mention: I'm not a US citizen and no longer physically present in the United States.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by garobert20; Dec 12, 2023 at 9:07 am

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.