Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Sixt | Sixt Card
Reload this Page >

Question about refund if returning car early?

Old Nov 22, 2023, 8:48 am
Original Poster

Having a hard time getting someone on the phone about this.

Have a car rental coming up in two weeks and there's a chance that the dates might get cut short for work.

What I'm wondering is, will Sixt credit me if I book out for 8 days and potentially return it three days prior?

I've had this situation with Enterprise earlier this year where I had to amend reservation and return early, and they credited me the day's fare difference.

I'm wondering if Sixt does the same -- would rather lock in my Platinum price now than wait any longer.
Old Nov 23, 2023, 2:14 am

Programs: Hilton Honors, Marriot Bonvoy, Sixt Platinum, Hertz Gold
Yes. You will only be billed for the days you had the vehicle for.
Old Nov 23, 2023, 10:07 am
Original Poster

Duplicate

Last edited by noiretnoir; Nov 23, 2023 at 10:08 am Reason: forgot to quote
Old Nov 23, 2023, 10:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by noiretnoir
Having a hard time getting someone on the phone about this.

Have a car rental coming up in two weeks and there's a chance that the dates might get cut short for work.

What I'm wondering is, will Sixt credit me if I book out for 8 days and potentially return it three days prior?

I've had this situation with Enterprise earlier this year where I had to amend reservation and return early, and they credited me the day's fare difference.

I'm wondering if Sixt does the same -- would rather lock in my Platinum price now than wait any longer.
Does this apply to both prepaid and / or pay at airport?

Finally got someone on the phone, but they said I would only get fare difference refund on the non-refundable booking. (She might have been confused).
Old Dec 14, 2023, 8:50 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by noiretnoir
Does this apply to both prepaid and / or pay at airport?

Finally got someone on the phone, but they said I would only get fare difference refund on the non-refundable booking. (She might have been confused).
What happened here? In the past when I returned a car early to Sixt, they did not refund the monies. It was very weird and unlike any other major car rental company I've used. It was just 1x though, so perhaps it was a one off
Old Jan 23, 2024, 12:19 pm

Programs: Sixt Platinum, Avis Preferred Plus, Hertz President's Circle, Hilton Diamond
It's a little weird.. there have been times I had to keep the car for a few hours just to trigger a weekly rate which was cheaper than the five-day rate.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.