Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Sixt | Sixt Card
Reload this Page >

SIXT LA non airport locations - experience

Old Nov 16, 2023, 9:36 pm
Original Poster

Hi there, does anyone have experience with the Sixt LA non airport locations and selection of vehicles available?

I have a 28 day rental coming up on an X5 and is nett approx $300 cheaper to pickup the same vehicle type off airport such as Shore Hotel Santa Monica and return to LAX.

However concerned that if the off airport location has extremely limited selection then might get stuck with something banged up vs potentially having the option to select another vehicle if i was at LAX. Status matched as Platinum.

Thoughts and any recent experiences?

Thanks!
Old Jan 5, 2024, 9:47 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
I just rented at the Venice Beach LA location and no upgrade was provided (although I am platinum). Booked a Toyota Corolla, received it. They refused to upgrade to anything higher. Not sure if the SM location is similar, but if upgrades are important to you I'd go to an airport location where more selection of cars exist. While I like upgrades, I like saving $300 more so I went local knowing the risks.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.