Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Sixt | Sixt Card
Reload this Page >

Report Damage To Car Before Leaving Lot

Old Oct 31, 2023, 2:09 pm
Original Poster

I am looking at renting a car from SIXT at the MUC airport, I am familiar with the process of renting cars in the USA whereby if one finds damage on the vehicle PRIOR to taking it off the rental car facility, one reports the damage to the rental car agency, they notate the damage and the renter is not responsible for the damage that the car already sustained.

I have never rented in Germany before and I am reading a lot of horror stories about SIXT and other companies, which got me thinking how does one report damage to a rental vehicle which it has already sustained prior to leaving the rental car agencies lot?
Old Oct 31, 2023, 4:03 pm

They should provide you with a list (and a schematic representation) of existing damage, when you sign the contract.
If you then find something on your walk around, I'd advise reporting back to the counter.
Old Oct 31, 2023, 4:32 pm

No matter who I rent from, I walk slowly around the car and video the entire vehicle before I leave. That way it is easy to determine if something they later say is an issue was already there when I took the car.
Auto Enthusiast and 4004 like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.