Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Sixt | Sixt Card
Reload this Page >

Sixt London fleet / diamond upgrades?

Old Aug 22, 2023, 7:31 am
Original Poster

I am top status at Hertz, Enterprise and Avis as I do a lot of rentals, I wanted to check out Sixt and I would status match across to Diamond. In an example booking I put together (London Gatwick) I want to end up in a BMW 2 series Coupe, or Mercedes CLA / E class so I am trying to figure out which car category below each car I would need to book as diamond, that would then bump me into the categories I am after.

The website literally says "Sedan" for about 20 models at varying prices including mini coopers. I called Sixt and the guy on the phone had the car classes in front of him as he read some out "Group F etc" I asked if he could email them to me or give me a link so I can see what category I may need to book depending on what car I want, "That's private and internal we cannot do that". Is there a simple way for me to check the category lists and how the status bumps work or would I need to call each time? Currently seems like it's not worth the hassle.

Thanks.
Old Aug 22, 2023, 8:40 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Sixt is very inconsistent with upgrades and being Diamond status can vary from good to useless depending on the location and counter rep you get. Overall, we'd probably agree that they're not worth the hassle unless the price is lower than you can find at other companies as there are no guarantees with their status levels, not to mention that they don't really offer the option to skip the counter in most cases.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2023, 4:00 pm

1. Upgrades, especially for specific models, are never guaranteed. Doesn’t matter your status level. Read through some of the other posts in this forum to see some Diamond “disappointments”.
2. Diamond status is by invitation only. Top status with other car rental firms usually gets you Platinum status. Maybe, you’ll be lucky and they gift you Diamond, but don’t count on it.
3. Follow the link below, read carefully, especially the line items at the bottom of the page with the asterisks.

https://www.sixt.com/sixt-cards/#/
Old Oct 13, 2023, 12:52 am

What are you likely to get when booking a PDAR at LHR these days?
Old Nov 17, 2023, 8:25 am

Programs: EK Gold, QR Gold, EY Silver, Jumeirah One Gold, GHA Discovery Titanium, Sixt Diamond
Originally Posted by FLYMSY
1. Upgrades, especially for specific models, are never guaranteed. Doesn’t matter your status level. Read through some of the other posts in this forum to see some Diamond “disappointments”.
2. Diamond status is by invitation only. Top status with other car rental firms usually gets you Platinum status. Maybe, you’ll be lucky and they gift you Diamond, but don’t count on it.
3. Follow the link below, read carefully, especially the line items at the bottom of the page with the asterisks.

https://www.sixt.com/sixt-cards/#/
Interesting that you note Upgrades are never guaranteed, yet Sixt themselves do state that for Diamond status an upgrade is guaranteed. Or did you mean only Upgrades for specific models i.e. trying to get a specific car?

I just attained Diamond status a couple of weeks ago, have first rental with it next week, so curious whether I should expect a bump or not. Since I've reserved an E-Class already, I'm thinking I probably won't get, but if I see a nicer car on the lot I'm going to be asking for it
Old Nov 17, 2023, 8:28 am

Programs: EK Gold, QR Gold, EY Silver, Jumeirah One Gold, GHA Discovery Titanium, Sixt Diamond
Originally Posted by aggsyb
I am top status at Hertz, Enterprise and Avis as I do a lot of rentals, I wanted to check out Sixt and I would status match across to Diamond. In an example booking I put together (London Gatwick) I want to end up in a BMW 2 series Coupe, or Mercedes CLA / E class so I am trying to figure out which car category below each car I would need to book as diamond, that would then bump me into the categories I am after.

The website literally says "Sedan" for about 20 models at varying prices including mini coopers. I called Sixt and the guy on the phone had the car classes in front of him as he read some out "Group F etc" I asked if he could email them to me or give me a link so I can see what category I may need to book depending on what car I want, "That's private and internal we cannot do that". Is there a simple way for me to check the category lists and how the status bumps work or would I need to call each time? Currently seems like it's not worth the hassle.

Thanks.
As mentioned by another poster it is unlikely you would be given Diamond since it is invite only. Sixt in the UK match as follows (taken from their UK site):

" Here are some examples of the loyalty status match with SIXT. You can switch from Hertz Gold, Europcar Privilege Club, Avis Preferred, and more to SIXT Gold. If you have Hertz Five Star & President, Europcar Privilege Executive, Europcar Privilege Elite, Europcar Privilege Elite VIP, Avis President's Club status or equivalent, you will invited you to join the SIXT Platinum tier."

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.