Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Sixt | Sixt Card
Reload this Page >

Refueling service (NOT prepaid fuel)?

Old Sep 14, 22, 11:20 am
Original Poster

Has anybody used the Sixt Refueling Service, where they charge you a fee (around 18 euros on this booking I am doing) and refill the tank and charge you for the fuel? Does anybody know if they actually charge you the pump rate for the fuel with this service? And not the rate of some special pump they own that is 1.5x market price or something?
Old Sep 19, 22, 7:04 am

My French agreement says:

If you do not return the vehicle with a full tank, you will be charged 3,64 EUR per liter for diesel, 3,00 EUR per liter for petrol and a service fee of 14,99 EUR.
If you do not return the vehicle with the charge level indicated at the beginning of the rental (max. 80%), the kw/h will be charged at 0,35 EUR.

3 EUR is about double the local rate. Diesel isnt as popular in France as it used to be.
Old Sep 19, 22, 7:21 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tecate55 View Post
My French agreement says:

If you do not return the vehicle with a full tank, you will be charged 3,64 EUR per liter for diesel, 3,00 EUR per liter for petrol and a service fee of 14,99 EUR.
If you do not return the vehicle with the charge level indicated at the beginning of the rental (max. 80%), the kw/h will be charged at 0,35 EUR.

3 EUR is about double the local rate. Diesel isnt as popular in France as it used to be.
did you purchase the in advance refueling service or is that just the normal you didn't return it fill penalty?
Old Sep 19, 22, 7:26 am

Originally Posted by flyerfirsts View Post
did you purchase the in advance refueling service or is that just the normal you didn't return it fill penalty?
The latter.

Im paying for all this myself, so I refuse their fueling services. I usually fill up in my local banlieu supermarket gas station and drive to the airport ~30km away to dropoff and havent had an issue.

Last edited by tecate55; Sep 19, 22 at 11:17 am
Old Sep 19, 22, 8:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tecate55 View Post
The latter.

Im paying for all this myself, so I refuse their fueling services. I usually fill up in my local banlieu supermarket gas station and drive to the airport ~30km away to dropoff and havent had an issue.
so they now have an option at booking that didn't exist a couple of months ago where you pay them 18 euro and supposedly they charge you the actual fuel price. With a toddler and wife with you and you all need to get to the airport by 6 am it seems like a good bargain if it is true.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Jan 14, 23, 1:35 pm

Programs: UA Gold, 1MM; Mariott Gold; Hilton Gold
So did you try the Refueling Service? If so, was the cost of your petrol similar to the current market price?

I'm considering this same service as I don't know the city I'm returning the car in and I don't want to miss a flight over car fueling.
Old Jan 14, 23, 1:40 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HouFlyer61 View Post
So did you try the Refueling Service? If so, was the cost of your petrol similar to the current market price?

I'm considering this same service as I don't know the city I'm returning the car in and I don't want to miss a flight over car fueling.
I returned a 5 series with 4/8 tank and they charged me 59.16 eur on top of the original refueling service cost, which seemed pretty fair to me.
Old Jan 16, 23, 7:35 am

Programs: UA Gold, 1MM; Mariott Gold; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by flyerfirsts View Post
I returned a 5 series with 4/8 tank and they charged me 59.16 eur on top of the original refueling service cost, which seemed pretty fair to me.
Many thanks!

Search this Thread