Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Sixt | Sixt Card
Reload this Page >

Sixt overcharge my credit card outside of contract

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2022, 2:52 pm
Original Poster

Programs: EBD , FBG

Hi,

I took out a rental in Milano airport, and drove to Abruzzo for work.
The signed a rental contract was for 21 days. Work went on longer than expected and I had to extend the rental. All communication with Sixt was by email.
First I extended for 5 days, no problem.
Then I had to extend again, and they told me they could not extend more than 27 days, and asked if I could come to the airport to make a new contract.
I told them they could send me the contract by email, since I was 7 hours away. I would sign it, scan and return it by email. I did not hear from them, except they said I could keep the car. After work was finished I asked if I could return the car in Rome. They told me it was okay. When I got to Rome, they told me the system was down, so they could not give me an invoice but it would be emailed to me within 48 hours. After a week, nothing had happened, except me being charged an amount according to the initial contract.
After a few days I was charged a big amount, which was for the 5 extra days for the new contract that I had never seen. I emailed them and they told me it was for the new contract. It was 238 euros per day, although the initial contract was only 110 euros per day.

I have asked them to deposit the amount and charge me the same amount as initial contract. They never showed me any contract or any quote, and they are not responding to my emails.
I have disputed the amount with my credit card.

Any thoughts on any of this?
I am very disappointed with all of this, and am considering disputing all of this since the service has been awful.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2022, 10:45 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, DL GM, AA Plat, NEXUS
Unless you have written confirmation that the rate for the extra days was going to be the same there is little you can do. Travel pricing is dynamic and as you get close/in to peak travel season rates go up.
Was the rental one way when you first booked it or changed your mind into the trip? If the latter then a one way rental fee must have been added as well.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 10:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
no contract, no return receipt. That'll be a tough dispute. Honestly, if this was a work trip just expense it
Old Jun 25, 2022, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Some contracts specify how much extra days cost though. But I never checked if that's the case with Sixt.

The other point: while the OP has no contact, neither does Sixt have a signed document. Might be a hard one for a credit card to arbitrate... Plus, if Sixt were to lose, the OP might well be unable to rent from them in the future.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.