Low sixt Germany rates?

Old May 11, 2022, 12:38 pm
Original Poster

Programs: no status
Low sixt Germany rates?

I am looking for rental in Germany and found that Sixt are a fraction of the other agencies, even lower than Hertz for which I have a generous CDP code. Is there a concerning reason for these low rates or am I overly suspicious and should just go and grab the rental?
Old May 11, 2022, 1:08 pm
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Sixt is a German company and they are very well established there. While all rental companies have service issues to some degree, they have a good reputation there and we would have no hesitation in recommending them.

You might also want to track your reservation with AutoSlash. There's a decent chance we'll find you a better deal eventually as prices change fairly regularly.
Ordpc likes this.
Old May 11, 2022, 2:00 pm

No concerning reasons, therefore you’re being overly suspicious. (I just picked up a Sixt rental at ZRH.)
Old May 11, 2022, 5:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FLYMSY
No concerning reasons, therefore youre being overly suspicious. (I just picked up a Sixt rental at ZRH.)
Thanks all cancelled the Hertz and committed to this. At just over 400 Euros for 3 weeks it is much more than what I used to pay pre covid but also substantially less than what I see at Avis or Europcar.
Old May 12, 2022, 8:56 am

That is a shockingly low price for a 3 week rental!!
Old May 12, 2022, 12:50 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by FLYMSY
That is a shockingly low price for a 3 week rental!!
Yes but supposedly includes all taxes and fees. And I also selected the smallest Polo option, am a bit worried about that but should be ok.
Old May 28, 2022, 12:14 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Personal view, when renting in Germany, Sixt would be my top choice, no doubt. Best cars by far and usually decent pricing as well though others can be cheaper at times.

There can be issues with all rental firms, but often that relates to pushy up-sells or damage claims. Just make sure to check for any damages before taking the car out and make sure any damage is registered. Take pictures as well and keep all your receipts for fueling up the car at the end. Take pictures upon return as well and if possible get the car processed by a staff (closing the rental).

All this is not specific to Sixt, I'd recommend doing that with all car rentals anywhere in the world. YMMV.
Old May 29, 2022, 7:20 pm

I spent a lot of time looking into SIXT for my upcoming trip to Germany in June...

I found that when trying to book as a Canadian on the SIXT.de website, your rental is limited to 2400km and the cost seems to be quite high... A trip to SIXT.ca allows you to book with unlimited KM and I was able to secure a BMW 1-serie/Audi Q2 for one week for EUR400, about EUR200 cheaper than on the German website.

Additionally, I can choose to pay later and cancel anytime before the day of pick up. I was also hesitant until I got a reservation number but spoke to customer service on their German line to confirm my reservation.. fingers crossed!
Old May 29, 2022, 8:58 pm

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
Yup, good tip, one should price it out from various country sites. Usually booking as a "foreigner" (not using German site) can result in lower rates or more inclusive mileage and possibly better insurance pricing if you plan to buy that as add on. YMMV.
Old Apr 2, 2024, 3:17 am

Programs: Aeroplan 35K
Please delete

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.