Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Sixt | Sixt Card
Reload this Page >

Sixt website - access of all/certain bookings

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2022, 4:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: *G (as are spouse and 2 kids), ACCOR ALL DIAMOND, Marriott - GE

Haven't accessed my account on the website for a month or so, but noticed that it is a new interface and 2-step login (on laptop).

Now I cannot access my Oceanic bookings ... not sure if it is just those bookings (outside of Europe, etc.) or something more? My phone/iPad apps shows the bookings on the bottom of the screen, but when you try to access those bookings, there is an "error".

Thought I would ask here before going to customer service. Anyone else with a similar/same experience? Suggestions/outcomes?
Old May 6, 2022, 8:07 am

Programs: M&M FTL (*Silver), KLM/AF blue
Sixt curently has serious issues, which are the result of a cyber attack some days ago. No point to contact client service centers, as those are all closed down due to the IT problem. Neither phone nor e-mail work at the moment. Other users also have reported that some of their reservations are gone or not updated. If not urgent give it some time to see if it sorts out by itself in some days.
Auto Enthusiast and Ordpc like this.
Old May 6, 2022, 8:14 am

Here the official statement from Sixt

Dear Sir or Madam,

Our IT security detected IT irregularities on April 29th, 2022. Response measures were implemented immediately in accordance with pre-planned security protocols. Subsequently, it has been confirmed that SIXT was subject to a cyber-attack, which we were able to contain at an early stage.

As a standard precautionary measure, access to IT systems was immediately restricted. We were able to keep the website and apps up and running to provide business continuity to you. However, temporary disruptions, particularly in customer care centers and selective branches, are likely to occur in the short term.

What does that mean for existing and new reservations?
  • Reservations that are already confirmed will be attended to at the branches.
  • There may be restrictions on new reservations for a few days.
  • Deliveries and pickups are temporarily unavailable.
  • To make changes to existing reservations, please use our self-service tool as our customer service may currently experience technical issues.
  • Invoices will be issued with a delay.
  • Existing reservations can only be paid via credit card.
Which booking channels can currently be used?
  • New bookings via the SIXT website and the SIXT app are possible with payment by credit card.
  • Bookings via GDS, OBE and GDV interfaces are currently not possible.
  • Customers with their own booking link are asked to place their bookings via the SIXT website or the SIXT app.
SIXT ride is bookable without restrictions in all channels (SIXT Web & App, OBE, GDS). If you have any questions, please contact [email protected]?subject=, as the SIXT ride customer service is currently not available via the usual contact details.

We take the incident very seriously and have initiated an investigation with internal and external experts. Currently, we cannot fully rule out the possibility that your data may have been accessed through the cyber-attack. We are checking this thoroughly. According to what we currently know, there is no such risk. Should this change, we will inform you immediately.

We will get back to you as soon as further information is available. Thank you for your understanding and patience until we have fully restored the systems. As mentioned above, we expect this to be the case in a few days.

Yours sincerely,

Vinzenz Pflanz
President Corporate Sales
Old May 8, 2022, 8:59 am

Programs: TK *G, all statuses that come with Ritz, Amex Plat, Citi Prestige cards
Any further updates on the situation at Sixt? I was promised a refund of unused days and an e-receipt within 24 hours for a rental picked up on 4/30 (hand-written contract) and dropped off at IAH yesterday. So far nothing, not even an attempt to charge me for the days rented...

This was my first rental with Sixt, so wondering if this is normal.
Old May 8, 2022, 8:48 pm

Programs: QF, KLM, BA
I'm also wondering if anyone has managed to find out when Sixt expect everything to be working again.

A booking I have has disappeared from their website. I tried to import it, but it's reporting an "Unexpected error" and to contact customer support. However, the website is still reporting that they are experiencing technical issues in their contact centres.
Old May 9, 2022, 6:53 pm

I have a fun '10 days return overdue' notice on my account, which hopefully won't interfere with me picking up a rental from another location on Wednesday. I had chuckled a bit when the gentleman checking the return on 29 Apr was handwriting it on a piece of paper with what appeared to be the rest of the days returns, but just chalked it up to renting from a non-airport location. Didn't know about the issue until I tried to call about the scary overdue notice.

I'm surprised they're still struggling this hard so meant days after the incident. The booking I made this afternoon is showing up appropriately in my app, at least, so hopefully I won't have any trouble when I pick up in Miami. Good luck to you all...
Old May 10, 2022, 1:03 am

Programs: QR Silv,Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by synergistic
I have a fun '10 days return overdue' notice on my account, which hopefully won't interfere with me picking up a rental from another location on Wednesday. I had chuckled a bit when the gentleman checking the return on 29 Apr was handwriting it on a piece of paper with what appeared to be the rest of the days returns, but just chalked it up to renting from a non-airport location. Didn't know about the issue until I tried to call about the scary overdue notice.

I'm surprised they're still struggling this hard so meant days after the incident. The booking I made this afternoon is showing up appropriately in my app, at least, so hopefully I won't have any trouble when I pick up in Miami. Good luck to you all...
When are you picking up at Miami? Let us know how it goes.

I just made a reservation for next Tuesday @ LAX, and got a confirmation email. So hopefully everything is OK...
Old May 10, 2022, 7:41 am

I have a fun '10 days return overdue' notice on my account, .
Same here - when I arrived at AGP to return the car, the guy took the key, but he did not have his usual handheld and did not even want to look at the car....
Since then the car shows as return overdue in the app.... I hope they get this under control - I have no proof I ever gave the car back and never received an invoice either.... will not be fun if they have a mess and decide they are going to invoice the entire car to me....
lonelycrowd likes this.
Old May 10, 2022, 7:58 am

I returned one on the 5th, and the guy did enter the return time in his device. I'm still waiting for the invoice and he didn't want to do the usual walkaround but they were at least able to end the rental.
Old May 10, 2022, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by netlord
When are you picking up at Miami? Let us know how it goes.

I just made a reservation for next Tuesday @ LAX, and got a confirmation email. So hopefully everything is OK...
The trip ended up pushed off until the week after next, so you'll be giving it a go before I will, it looks like. I can't imagine it'll take that much longer for them to recover, but given the horrible IT management I've come to expect from the travel industry... Well, good luck next week!
Old May 11, 2022, 2:59 am

The trip ended up pushed off until the week after next, so you'll be giving it a go before I will, it looks like. I can't imagine it'll take that much longer for them to recover, but given the horrible IT management I've come to expect from the travel industry... Well, good luck next week!
May I ask how you cancelled/modified it? I'm trying to make changes to a reservation for tomorrow but the cancel and modify links have vanished, both on the website and the app.
Old May 11, 2022, 6:09 am

Originally Posted by CosmicGirl
May I ask how you cancelled/modified it? I'm trying to make changes to a reservation for tomorrow but the cancel and modify links have vanished, both on the website and the app.
I only booked it this past weekend, and the modify/cancel buttons were totally normal in the app when I went to cancel. I did not have anything pending (besides my return) when the system imploded - if it hadn't been for the 'unreturned' rental, I would have thought they'd just decided not to list on consolidator sites anymore - their issues were invisible to me until I tried to call in.
Old May 11, 2022, 6:48 am

I only booked it this past weekend, and the modify/cancel buttons were totally normal in the app when I went to cancel. I did not have anything pending (besides my return) when the system imploded - if it hadn't been for the 'unreturned' rental, I would have thought they'd just decided not to list on consolidator sites anymore - their issues were invisible to me until I tried to call in.
Thanks. I tried e-mailing a branch directly and hopefully they'll be able to see that message and cancel it.
Old May 15, 2022, 12:00 am

Programs: QR Silv,Sixt Plat
Any updates with all the chaos?

Phone isn't working yet I see. Are they still giving cars with pen and paper?
Old May 15, 2022, 10:17 pm

Programs: TK *G, all statuses that come with Ritz, Amex Plat, Citi Prestige cards
I'm still waiting to be charged for my pen and paper rental two weeks ago. I really wanted to like Sixt - in fact I loved the idea of having a decent alternative to the triad that dominates the U.S. market - but this is a pretty pathetic first impression...
Auto Enthusiast likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.