Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Sixt | Sixt Card
Reload this Page >

Sixt Ride Report - Volvo V60 Cross Country

Old Mar 16, 2021, 2:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: National Executive, UA MileagePlus, BA Executive Club, EI AerClub

Vehicle: 2020 Volvo V60 Cross Country (XCAR)

Color: White exterior, Black faux leather interior

Model: T5 Momentum AWD

Engine: 2.0L Turbo I4, 250 hp, 258 lb-ft of torque

Transmission: 8-speed automatic

Mileage: 17,302
Mechanical Grade: A+

The car felt very responsive and it was overall quite peppy. The engine made good power, and it never felt slow or underpowered. The handling was very good - we drove it across two mountain passes, and down a windy road twice, and it always felt planted. We timed 0-60 in 7 seconds flat, but because of the turbo engine, it felt significantly faster than that.

Gas Mileage Grade: A-

The car got an average of about 27 mpg, on a mix of highway and country road driving, which was basically what I was expecting. The main reason it gets an A- is because you have to put premium gas in it. Premium gas can be upwards of $4/gallon in my area, so that knocks the grade to an A-
Interior Grade: A

The interior was extremely nicely appointed. The seats were easy to adjust, and once they were set to your ideal position, they were very comfortable. The back seats were very roomy, and the phone cord channels that were in the front seats were easily able to be used for the rear seats. The Swedish flags on the front seats were a nice touch. The ONLY gripe I had was that the shifter was very weird. It was really easy to get the car into manual mode by accident, which was odd. In addition, the button that you press to shift is exactly that, a button. It’s not a lever like in most other cars, which takes some getting used to.
Technology Grade: A+

The infotainment system is very big, and intuitive to use. I loved the configurability of the screen, which allowed you to change the climate controls and radio while also looking at the map. Speaking of the map, it was very crisp and clear, and didn’t lag at all. I ended up using the built-in map over Apple Carplay, because it was actually better quality! The climate controls took some getting used to, but overall, it was fine. In addition, there was a heads-up display that displayed speed limits and your current speed, and was a welcome feature to have. There were also a plethora of safety features, and an über-useful surround view camera system. The gauge cluster is a full screen, and you can configure the center area. Everything technology-related was great!
Practicality Grade: A

It’s a station wagon at heart! Even though the V60 is based on the relatively small S60 sedan, don’t let that fool you. This thing is ROOMY! The cargo area easily held our one rather large suitcase, two backpacks, and had space left over for a cardboard box of groceries. There are a lot of practical nooks and crannies throughout the interior, and the door pockets were massive. We could’ve easily put our computer in there. The glove box was rather small, which is a bummer, and the rear center tunnel was extremely large. That was not a problem for us two and our pup, but could be a problem if you plan to take 5 people along.
Overall Grade: A

The V60 Cross Country was a roomy, practical, luxurious, feature-rich, efficient, and comfortable rental car. It was small enough to be tossable, yet it had a cavernous cargo area and lots of space. If you are renting at Sixt, this is a solid choice, and one I would definitely recommend.
jizen and Ordpc like this.

Last edited by jbk1379; Mar 17, 2021 at 1:05 pm
Old Mar 18, 2021, 3:03 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Thanks for the report. Mind sharing which NYC location you picked up from? Got an upcoming trip where I'm likely flying into EWR and out of JFK, so I would consider picking up from either airport (or others) depending on the car selection at the various locations.
Auto Enthusiast likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2021, 8:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: National Executive, UA MileagePlus, BA Executive Club, EI AerClub
Originally Posted by dkc192
Thanks for the report. Mind sharing which NYC location you picked up from? Got an upcoming trip where I'm likely flying into EWR and out of JFK, so I would consider picking up from either airport (or others) depending on the car selection at the various locations.
I picked up at battery park. The premium selection was a sea of Volvo sedans and wagons, and a few BMW/Mercedes SUVs. In terms of non-premium cars, there were a lot of Chrysler Pacificas, one Kia Sedona, and a spattering of midsize SUVs (mainly Jeep GCs and Toyota Highlanders). I also saw a few (mainly GMC) fullsize SUVs.

I have no clue about the airport selection, but if you rent premium at battery park, you’re likely to get a volvo sedan/wagon or a BMW/Mercedes SUV.
Ordpc and Auto Enthusiast like this.
Old Apr 5, 2021, 9:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Sorry, one more belated question: did the car have working SiriusXM?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.