Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Sixt | Sixt Card
Reload this Page >

Any RECENT experience at MUC airport?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 30, 2019, 11:14 am
pmv
Original Poster

debating booking through Sixt (with the comprehensive covereage) or through autoeurope.com. Hoping to hear the good/bad/ugly about MUC (incl is "priority service" worth it/really priority?.

Thanks!
Old Sep 5, 2019, 7:47 pm

Programs: AAdvantage, Rapid Rewards, and Mileage Plus
I rented from a Munich city Sixt location, reserved an X4. Given the minimal inventory at the location they didnt have my rented class on arrival so I was upgraded to an X5 xdrive30d M sport. Success, amazing car for driving through the mountains. I ended up returning to Munich airport on the back end as a one way rental (very minor charge). Used Chase Reserve card for CDW insurance. One note is the return at MUC is a semi cluster since all rentals are returned at the same exact spot. Try to get a receipt on the spot, I didnt and was worried for a day or so they were gonna pull a fast one... turned out fine. Good luck.
Old Sep 6, 2019, 1:47 pm

Programs: Altitude E50K / *G
Good day all!

I am looking to rent from MUC in December and return to Munich HB in city centre. I was wondering about vehicle classes. This is the first time I have ever used Sixt.

I reserved SDMR which was "Mercedes-Benz CLA" or similar. Does anybody have any recent examples of what they actually got?

I just don't want to show up and be told "here sir, you can have this lovely Ford Fiesta" I do not need anything bigger - just something nice like an Audi, BMW, or Mercedes (ya know, since I am in Germany!)

Thanks!
Old Sep 8, 2019, 8:57 am

Programs: AY LUMO (500K+), Marriott Abassador, Hertz President Circle, Hilton Diamond
When you use your own insurance - were they "charging" aprrx 2400 eur deposit for that upgrade?
Old Sep 15, 2019, 4:35 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum, Marriott Titanium, KF Gold
I would like to hear the comments for Sixt MUC too.
I booked a FWMR + diesel option in Oct, I hope I could get a BMW 3 with manual gearbox
Old Sep 25, 2019, 9:44 am

Pickled up at Munich HB 3 weeks ago. Save me hundreds of dollars, versus the airport. The actual pick up is about 3 blocks from office.
Old Sep 25, 2019, 9:49 am

Programs: Altitude E50K / *G
Originally Posted by jabez
Pickled up at Munich HB 3 weeks ago. Save me hundreds of dollars, versus the airport. The actual pick up is about 3 blocks from office.
I'm not sure how this experience is relevant to this thread ... buy my 2 cents are as follows:

It depends on a few factors. HB office also charges a premium and if you are arriving at MUC you also need to pay something to get to city center.

Also - it depends on where you are going after you leave the airport. It may be more convenient for you to leave from the MUC area instead of city center.
Old Oct 14, 2019, 5:56 pm

Programs: AY LUMO (500K+), Marriott Abassador, Hertz President Circle, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by jabez
The price-difference was already in the app?
Old Oct 22, 2019, 1:27 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Originally Posted by spek
When you use your own insurance - were they "charging" aprrx 2400 eur deposit for that upgrade?
Rental car companies always reserve an amount which increases by the class/value of the car rented. All in their T&Cs
Old Oct 22, 2019, 1:28 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Originally Posted by dr_torch
Good day all!

I am looking to rent from MUC in December and return to Munich HB in city centre. I was wondering about vehicle classes. This is the first time I have ever used Sixt.

I reserved SDMR which was "Mercedes-Benz CLA" or similar. Does anybody have any recent examples of what they actually got?

I just don't want to show up and be told "here sir, you can have this lovely Ford Fiesta" I do not need anything bigger - just something nice like an Audi, BMW, or Mercedes (ya know, since I am in Germany!)

Thanks!
A german forum collects which cars belong into which class/SIPP Code
https://www.mietwagen-talk.de/lexico.../30-sippcodes/
dr_torch likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.