Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Sixt | Sixt Card
Reload this Page >

I got Speeding ticket while Sixt was driving the car

I got Speeding ticket while Sixt was driving the car

Old Aug 12, 19, 3:45 am
Original Poster

Exclamation I got Speeding ticket while Sixt was driving the car

Hi all,

Weirdest thing happened to me and I am wondering what you guys think.

I received a Speeding ticket by post from ANTAI (French National agency for automated
offence processing) for speeding on a French highway with a Audi from the Netherlands.
On the fine it says that Sixt BV. (Sixt Netherlands) has appointed me as the driver.

The thing is that I never rented a Sixt car in the Netherlands, nor did I drive on the French highway...In fact I was abroad at the time appointed on the fine...

Sixt CS already confirmed with me that it's a mistake and they are investigating it... but how could this happen??? All they know is that the car was actually being driven by a Sixt employer from one branch to another at that time... So how did my name get on the fine?

(I am a proud Platinum member at Sixt and I rent a lot with them...)
Old Aug 12, 19, 11:43 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, DL GM, AA Plat, NEXUS
That's weird, if the timestamp on the ticket is outside your rental period then you're definitely safe. Stuff happens, Sixt CS is probs the best in the industry IME.
Old Aug 13, 19, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by elie.g1102 View Post
Hi all,

I received a Speeding ticket by post from ANTAI (French National agency for automated
offence processing) for speeding on a French highway with a Audi from the Netherlands.
On the fine it says that Sixt BV. (Sixt Netherlands) has appointed me as the driver.

The thing is that I never rented a Sixt car in the Netherlands, nor did I drive on the French highway...In fact I was abroad at the time appointed on the fine...
There must be a mechanism to contest the ticket. If you never rented that car and did not drive to France, just say that.
Old Aug 14, 19, 3:02 am

Programs: National/Sixt/Miles&More/...
Originally Posted by elie.g1102 View Post

Sixt CS already confirmed with me that it's a mistake and they are investigating it... but how could this happen???

So how did my name get on the fine?
This is really puzzling. Once you find out, I'd love to hear their explanation :-P