Wiki Posts
Search

SIXT ITALY RIP off

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2019, 11:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA + AA
SIXT ITALY RIP off

Had reserved a car at Sixt Rome airport on Thursday the 18th, As we got to luggage we learned that due to problems at Heathrow our luggage had not made it too Rome. We got in line to fill out forms which took about 2 hours. When we arrived at the Sixt counter we were told that as we had not shown up on time so our car had been given away. Only option was to take a Mini Countryman for an extra Euro 25 per day. Having booked an Alfa Romeo Guilia I am not sure why it would be more???

I was not happy with the situation but decided to pay up and go off on our mini break. Now I learned that my cousin had the same experience in Milan a week before with Sixt when he was delayed....

Is this simply a new scam by car rental companies?
Old Jul 24, 2019, 1:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Sixt reservations do clearly state that there is a two hours window. In this sort of situation, I phone the station to advise of my delay. Admittedly it's not a very nice policy.
Old Jul 25, 2019, 2:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA + AA
Never before

never had that happening 30 years of travel. And amazing how they still have cars available but at a HIGHER price

Last time with Sixt for sure

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.