Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Sixt | Sixt Card
Reload this Page >

Sixt falsely claims I caused damage to rental car

Sixt falsely claims I caused damage to rental car

Old Feb 11, 20, 9:33 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
In this day and age when pretty much all phones have a camera, doing either a video or multiple shots of the vehicle before driving it off the lot is an absolute necessity. Going through the process also helps one to identify the defects and then deal with them as well. Arguing after the fact about the reasonableness of the cost of repair is a lot harder and more time-consuming that simply eliminating the claim in the first place.

All of this is, of course, eliminated through proper comprehensive insurance wherein one simply turns the claim over and is done with it.
LondonElite likes this.
Old Feb 11, 20, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Berlin, Germany; Toronto, Canada; and SW Florida, USA
Programs: UA 1K, BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, and assorted others
Originally Posted by Often1 View Post
In this day and age when pretty much all phones have a camera, doing either a video or multiple shots of the vehicle before driving it off the lot [and after returning it] is an absolute necessity. Going through the process also helps one to identify the defects and then deal with them as well. Arguing after the fact about the reasonableness of the cost of repair is a lot harder and more time-consuming that simply eliminating the claim in the first place.

All of this is, of course, eliminated through proper comprehensive insurance wherein one simply turns the claim over and is done with it.
My bolding.

Exactly. It takes about one minute and saves so much hassle.
Vinotraveller likes this.
Old Feb 14, 20, 7:30 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Sixt Platinum, HHons Diamond
Originally Posted by LondonElite View Post
My bolding.

Exactly. It takes about one minute and saves so much hassle.
Amen.

I'd also add for around £80-£100 you can get a one year insurance policy meaning zero excess and no hassle. I still take photos too though as I don't want to be forced into making claims that were not done by me.
Old Feb 14, 20, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

My RM at Amex recently reminded me to not take any additional insurance coverage when ranting cars. All is covered. That certainly doesn’t apply to all cards, but it is useful to consider what is included already.
Old Feb 14, 20, 10:30 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Sixt Platinum, HHons Diamond
Originally Posted by LondonElite View Post
My RM at Amex recently reminded me to not take any additional insurance coverage when ranting cars. All is covered. That certainly doesn’t apply to all cards, but it is useful to consider what is included already.
Is that Amex platinum or something fancier?
Old Feb 14, 20, 10:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Vinotraveller View Post
Is that Amex platinum or something fancier?
Something a bit fancier. But the same basic principle applies to Platinum as well.
Old Feb 14, 20, 10:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
The benefit of these policies, whether through a card, a bank, or simply purchased as part of homeowners or other stand alone coverage, is not only the out-of-pocket cash, but the value and cost of one's time. If an invoice arrives for a covered matter, simply forward it to the claims handler for the insurer and let them take it from there.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: