Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Sixt | Sixt Card
Reload this Page >

Sixt Platinum Renting in Italy (Bologna)

Old Mar 25, 19, 6:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold

Am renting for a week in may - picking up in Bologna and returning to Milan - I am platinum status - Have reserved FDAR (BMW 3 Series or equivalent) - 2 questions:

What cars are in this category for Bologna?
What class do they upgrade you to as Platinum- FFAR, PFAR, LDAR, FWAR???

Thanks

Mark
Old Mar 26, 19, 7:30 pm

Programs: DL GM 0.4MM, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Not sure if this is helpful. Friend booked IDAR in Milan. Got Audi A5. No Sixt status.
Old Apr 13, 19, 5:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AA PLT, Bonvoy PLT +, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Waggy View Post
Am renting for a week in may - picking up in Bologna and returning to Milan - I am platinum status - Have reserved FDAR (BMW 3 Series or equivalent) - 2 questions:

What cars are in this category for Bologna?
What class do they upgrade you to as Platinum- FFAR, PFAR, LDAR, FWAR???

Thanks

Mark
I had rented in Naples I reserved a SDMR BMW Serie 2 Active Tourer, received SWMR same model but with Nav and it was a Manual. I'm platinum also not too sure if this was really an upgrade. But have to say, this car got fantastic MPG, we averaged 42, this is combined but it was 80% highway and 20% naples city...
Old Apr 14, 19, 1:21 pm

I got FDAR resevation coming up this Friday in BLQ, I'll let you know.

I'm a Plat trough an old status match from AirBerlin, so not really entitled to upgrades though.
Old Apr 17, 19, 10:12 pm

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, AA*EXP, VA-Plat, Marriott*LTPP, Hyatt*Globalist That's*Enough
@Waggy - make sure you take pictures of the car before and after very carefully as there are many instances of this company playing games around supposed damages
Old Apr 19, 19, 9:28 am

Picked it up. Got upgraded to LWAR — brand new (literally, had 15km on the clock when I picked it up) 520d Station Wagon, they just got delivered two of them.

The first of them I got assigned was a lemon though — the entertainment system was broken, navi didn’t work, the radio would turn off randomly every 10 minutes, etc...

Went back to the airport and exchanged it for another brand new 520d (with 10km on the clock this time ) with no fuss.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: