Wiki Posts
Search

Mustang GT

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2017, 5:46 am
Original Poster

Mustang GT

Hi,

I'm a bit in doubt here, and hope you can provide some insight.

I have just booked a Mustang GT Convertible (XTAN) with Sixt in Orlando, for my upcoming holiday in August. I got it for 4 days including insurance (I'm from Europe, and want insurance on my rentals), for 545$.

Now, this is quite expensive, and I'm willing to pay that IF I get a V8...
However, I wrote Sixt customer service, and asked if I was guaranteed to get some kind of V8, since I payed for this specific class. The answer I got was this:
Please be aware that our reservations do not apply to specific models or drive-trains.
We would not be able to guarantee you will receive a specific vehicle within your booked category.

Would you interpret this as, "you cannot be sure to get a V8, even though you paid triple the price for it"?

I know that I reserve a class, and not a specific model, but I would at least expect a V8 vehicle.

Have any of you tried reserving this class (XTAN) with Sixt, and not been given a V8 vehicle. If that's the case, what did they provide you with instead?

Hope it all makes sense Trying to figure out if I should just cancel my reservation and go for the much cheaper option, and reserve a standard convertible instead.
Old Mar 8, 2017, 7:25 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

Why don't you call the Orlando office directly and ask them?
Old Mar 10, 2017, 2:36 am
Original Poster

I just got clarification from them, that in the XTAN class, only the Mustang GT exists, and it's a guaranteed reservation. Also, I will be upgraded if, for some reason, it isn't available at pick-up.^
Old Mar 27, 2019, 11:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Any recent experience with the Mustang GT (XTAN)? Are they 2018 or 2019 models? well spect?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.