Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Sixt | Sixt Card
Reload this Page >

"Third party insurance" What does it exactly cover?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2018, 3:58 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold

I see that the basic rental rate shows "Third party insurance" included. What exactly does it cover? The more information section shows this:

The protection for the vehicle rented includes a third party insurance with the sum insured for personal injury and damage amounting to a maximum of EUR 100 million, the maximum limit of indemnity for each injured person amounts to EUR 8 million and is limited to Europe.

Excluded from the insurance is the use of the vehicle for the transport of dangerous goods. All protection as part of the rental contract will become void, in particular, if an unauthorized driver has used the vehicle or if the driver of the vehicle does not possess the required driver's license at the time of the event giving rise to claim.
So does this cover my vehicle? Liability if accident with someone else? Medical? The information provided seems quite vague.
Old Oct 19, 2018, 1:37 pm
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
From Investopedia:
Third-party insurance is essentially a form of liability insurance purchased by an insured (first party) from an insurer (second party) for protection against the claims of another (third party).
Old Oct 21, 2018, 3:26 am
Original Poster
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: IHG Spire, Hilton Honors Gold, Marriott Titanium, Mileage Plus Gold
Originally Posted by TWA884
Thanks, but I was looking for more of the interpretation of the legalize from my rental reservation since unlike US based corporations which spells it out in details what Sixt offers is vague.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 10:25 am
Moderator: Travel Safety/Security, Travel Tools, California, Los Angeles; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: oneword Emerald
Originally Posted by seat38a
Thanks, but I was looking for more of the interpretation of the legalize from my rental reservation since unlike US based corporations which spells it out in details what Sixt offers is vague.
It means that the car rental rate includes liability insurance in the amount of €100,000,000 not to exceed €8,000,000 per individual claimant.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by seat38a
Third-party liability insurance covers you if you kill or injure a third party, or cause damage to a third party's property. Certain conduct on the renter's part -- as set forth in the rental-car contract -- can void the coverage.
Old Oct 21, 2018, 11:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In any event, this is mandatory on the part of the vehicle owner...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.