Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Sixt | Sixt Card
Reload this Page >

Extra insurance costs for a booking via SAS airline website

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Extra insurance costs for a booking via SAS airline website

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2018, 3:38 am
swe
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus
Angry Extra insurance costs for a booking via SAS airline website

Picked up a car from SIXT, that I had booked on Internet 2 month earlier, on SAS homepage for cooperation with car rental firms. During the booking I forgot to mark that I wanted the DWI - Damage Waiver Insurance, which was 3,70 Euro a´ day, and the Tire & Glass, which was additionally 21 Euro. I rented the car for 4 days, so total amount would have been approx 36 Euro to cover all.
They were kind to upgrade me to a better car...sarcastic comment.... and then let me pay for it!
They raised the price for the car with 10 Euro and then they made me pay 164 Euro for the DWI and T&G. I should have been paying approz 275 Euro, but ended up paying 392 Euro, almost 120 Euros more. What a scam from SIXT! They earn money by cheating it off their customers!!!
I spoke with a not so nice lady at the SIXT office when we returned the car, but she could not help us...of cause,,,because she could not she that they had done something wrong.
I will try to contact customer service, but I doubt they care about their customers and will give me my money back?! I will give them a chance to say they are sorry about it, give me my money back and keep me as a Platinum customer. If not I have a plan.
It happens to bee that I work for a big company, approx 15,000, that just signed a contract with SIXT. I have about 200 close working colleagues that I will inform via e-mail never to rent from SIXT. I will also contact our company's travel agency and inform them so they are careful booking from SIXT.
So, what to learn about customer care and not cheating your customer?!
You gained 120 Euros from me by overcharging me for the insurance, but you will lose more on the customers you lose.
DO NOT RENT A CAR FROM SIXT!!!

Last edited by swe; May 1, 2018 at 7:00 am
Old May 1, 2018, 6:26 am

So you forgot to tick some boxes, not sure what it has got to do with SAS though? I rarely use Sixt, but for Hertz and Avis I have profiles set up which includes all the insurances I want as well, surely Sixt can offer a similar type of "Gold service" profile so you do not have to remember to tick the boxes each time you book.

Good luck with your cunning plan, keep in mind if you are not the designated Business Travel manager/stakeholder that plan might be somewhat frowned upon..
Old May 1, 2018, 6:47 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
swe, welcome to Flyertalk.

As your post is really far more about Sixt's customer service policies rather than anything SAS has done, let's more your thread over there to get some better traction and feedback.

NWIFlyer
Senior Moderator
Old May 1, 2018, 6:53 am
swe
Original Poster

Programs: Eurobonus
Thank you, first time in here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.