Community
Wiki Posts
Search

great deals in Germany right now

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2018, 7:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
great deals in Germany right now

Hi,

Sixt.com (not .de) has great deals in Germany right now. Have a 11 day rental in July and pay around Euro 340 for a MB -E class/ MB 5er (LDAR with the bigger engines).
A few days ago that would have been 100+ Euro more (which in itself wasn't a bad prize). Just remember to log in using your discount/corporate/..... (I used Hilton Diamond).
Old Apr 26, 2018, 8:54 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Hertz is cheaper for my dates on a May.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 4:11 am
Original Poster

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
hertz and Sixt are two different animals. I prefer Sixt as the cars are usually better. And Hertz has too many codes etc to try to make a comparison.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 6:47 am
Original Member

Hertz and Sixt are definitely two different animals in the US. But in Germany, not really in my experience other than Sixt has a lot more locations with Germany being their home turf. I rent from both In Dusseldorf multiple times per year for the past several years. Both have similar vehicles whether I'm renting compact or full-size.

Sixt has great weekend rates (starts Thursday noon). Outside of weekend, Hertz has been consistently cheaper. I do check Hertz US/CA/UK/DE and Sixt US/UK/DE sites.

My upcoming trip is WED 17MAY 0900 to SAT 19MAY 1500 and those days are FDAR Hertz €176 vs Sixt US €290; Sixt is more than €100 expensive!!! At greater than €25 more expensive per day, I might as well book a higher vehicle with Hertz as it would be a guaranteed "upgrade" vs. maybe Sixt will upgrade me to a better vehicle.

Weekend rates, Sixt drops to €87 while Hertz is at €116.

The pricing pattern of Sixt cheaper on weekend and Hertz cheaper during the week hasn't change.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 7:12 am
Original Poster

Hi,

that is a huge difference. My reservation is for July and App 30 Euro a day for an LDAR is the cheapest I have seen for a while.

Just entered your dates for Duesseldorf Maritim (not sure which station you use so I chose the almost at the Airport one that isn't on the Airport aka no premium station $ added) and came up with. I used the Hilton Diamond rate "9815818" and "diamond" and came up with Euro 180 postpaid for FDAR on sixt.com

On mietwagen-talk.de someone came up with higher pricing too and it was probably as I'm in the US and he was in Germany > a proxy might change that

PickupDusseldorf Unterrath/Maritim
05/17/2018 at 09:00 am
ReturnDusseldorf Unterrath/Maritim
05/19/2018 at 03:00 pm
Vehicle Subtotal:US$ 185.12
Taxes:US$ 35.16
Total:Rental Period: 3 daysUS$ 220.28
Total in local currency€ 179.96
Old Apr 27, 2018, 7:59 am
Original Member

I used DUS airport for both Sixt and Hertz quotes in prior post to make it an apples-to-apples comparison as Hertz'' non premium location is at HbF which I usually go to after landing in DUS if I'm not in a rush. Hertz US rates doesn't/haven't charged any one-way fees for Dus HBF to DUS or even Dus HBF to FRA. Dus HBF to DUS is still cheaper than Sixt Martim to Sixt Martim.

Because Sixt Maritim is not 24/7 and offers after hours return, you can "cheat" a little if you need your car more than "a 24-hour period." For example, I arrive Thursday 1200 but my departing flight is Sunday at 2000. Sixt Maritim is closed on Sundays. If I price a rental to reflect my flight times, it would be the 4-day weekend rate but if I price it as Thursday 1200 to Sunday 1200, it would be a 3-day rate and then just return the car Sunday evening.

Couple of things I do notice about Sixt Germany. If there are damages they will sent me email with PDF containing detailed damage bill and repair estimate/photos to substantiate their claim which makes it very easy for me to file a claim with credit card insurance.

With Hertz, they just charged an extra amount on my card without even an email telling me they were going to charge for damage.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 8:13 am
Original Poster

Hmmm still I don't get close to the Euro Amount shown Hilton Diamond 219 Euro without log in Euro 241 .... did you look at the USD amount? 241 Euro = 295 USD

Oh well doesn't really matter as that is a lot of $ for a couple of days > which I was so surprised to get Minden - HAJ 11 days in July for 368 Euro (Pre Paid including one way) for LDAR

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.