SIXT Amman Airport - Jordan

Old Feb 23, 18, 12:51 am
Original Poster

Programs: MileagePlus Gold, Avis PP, National EE, Lifemiles Silver, ConnectMiles Gold
SIXT Amman Airport - Jordan

All,

I have an upcoming rental with Sixt at Amman Airport for 5 days picking up at midnight and then returning at 3am.

I am terrified with the reviews I've now read regarding SIXT At AMM calling them a scam and that they try and over charge you. I've always rented with SIXT with positive experience but this looks to be a franchise station.

Anyone have any recent experience? I've rented a Toyota Fortuner or similar.
Old Feb 23, 18, 12:53 am
Company Representative - Autoslash

If you're that nervous, why don't you just make a backup reservation (or two)?
Old Feb 23, 18, 1:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: MileagePlus Gold, Avis PP, National EE, Lifemiles Silver, ConnectMiles Gold
Originally Posted by AutoSlash View Post
If you're that nervous, why don't you just make a backup reservation (or two)?
Cause they all have terrible reviews lol, but SIXT seems to be the worse of the lot. Unfortunately I pre-booked as well and paid for which I think I can still get a refund on.

Also it looks like none are actually based at the airport, so someone waits for you at the airport with the car. I wouldn't want to keep some poor lad waiting on me for me not to show up, but I guess it's better than me ending up without a car.
Old Mar 14, 18, 2:41 pm
KRS

Programs: Gold: Club Carlson/A3/IHG, Plat: SPG,Marriott, Diamond: Hilton,SAS
@Redwood839, has your rental taken place already? Would be great if you could share your experience, good or bad
I am looking at an Amman rental and I am tempted by the Sixt prices...
Old Mar 25, 18, 1:20 pm

Programs: QF WP, AA EXP
I rented from Sixt at AMM last month. The rental desk is just to the right as you exit customs. They had cars on site, no need to go off airport. The post-paid price that I had booked online was honored, although like many foreign locations they charge your card upfront for the rental fees and take a deposit hold. I had read a lot of the same concerns, but it turned out that there we no issues at all. YMMV. Worth the savings.
Old Jun 25, 18, 7:50 am
Original Poster

Sorry I didn't get back on this thread. I ended up renting from Monte Carlo rent a car for a very similar fee. They're email response was very prompt. I booked a Mitsubishi Pajero which was in a good state overall for the conditions it goes through and I was picked up and dropped off promptly. They're return location at 3AM wasn't very safe to look at, but it was good all aroumd.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: