Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Sixt | Sixt Card
Reload this Page >

Sixt is asking for full credit card details by Facebook ?

Old Aug 17, 2017, 7:57 am
Original Poster

Hi,

I made a booking with Sixt but only recently realized that my status with several hotel/airline companies could get me the platinum status with Sixt.

I had my booking on one hand and my status on the other, so I asked Sixt France to link the booking to my account through Facebook messenger.

As a response, they are asking my full credit card number and expiration date

is this normal ???

thanks
Old Aug 17, 2017, 8:04 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

It's fairly normal for Sixt in that given any opportunity they will try to convert a pay-later reservation to a pay-now reservation (often with cancellation penalties). Sometimes (but not always) they will entice you with a lower rate for pay-now. If you don't wish to pay up-front, be clear with them about that. They may push back, and even tell you they won't link it unless you pay now, but you can certainly ask. Lastly, if the price hasn't increased since you booked, you can just cancel and re-book while logged in with your Sixt member account.
Old Aug 17, 2017, 8:20 am
Original Poster

my booking is a fully prepaid and was already paid weeks ago. I cannot cancel without having some penalties
I guess I have to wait until D-day to have the agency registering my Sixt card on my rental file
Old Aug 17, 2017, 8:23 am
Company Representative - AutoSlash and HotelSlash

I would just reply back saying that it's insecure to send credit card information in this manner and that you already submitted it via their secure site when you booked originally. I think replying back with the last 4 digits of the card you originally charged it to should be sufficient. You really have nothing to lose by trying.
Old Aug 18, 2017, 12:32 am
Original Poster

I will try that, thanks
Old Aug 18, 2017, 1:05 am

Programs: Air: QR Silver. BA Silver Emirates, Hotels: CC Gold, IHG Spire AMB, Hilton Diamond.
Save yourself the trouble next time by posting photos of all your credit cards onto Facebook today.

Whoever requested that of you at Sixt needs retraining / educating.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.