Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Sixt | Sixt Card
Reload this Page >

Sixt damage - excessive repair charges

Sixt damage - excessive repair charges

Old Jun 19, 20, 5:48 pm

Programs: DL GM 0.4MM, Hyatt Explorist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by bocastephen View Post
Thoughts or advice on how to handle this?
Curious as to what the car is and also wondering if your credit card will cover the damages.
Old Jun 19, 20, 6:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO Platinum 1K, United 1K, SPG LT Platinum, National Executive Elite, Platinum TSA Hater
Originally Posted by kxc262 View Post
Curious as to what the car is and also wondering if your credit card will cover the damages.
It's a small mercedes C Class, and both my personal and credit card insurance will cover the charge but they won't more forward without authorization from Sixt that I can take the car to the dealer or Safelight and have it fixed.
Old Jun 21, 20, 12:39 am

Programs: SQ*PPS, QF-WP1 & LTG, AA*EXP, VA-Plat, Marriott*LTPP, Hyatt*Globalist That's*Enough
Originally Posted by bocastephen View Post
It's a small mercedes C Class, and both my personal and credit card insurance will cover the charge but they won't more forward without authorization from Sixt that I can take the car to the dealer or Safelight and have it fixed.
Your credit card insurance covers long-term rentals? My Chase Sapphire doesn't.
Old Jun 21, 20, 2:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: CO Platinum 1K, United 1K, SPG LT Platinum, National Executive Elite, Platinum TSA Hater
Originally Posted by shuuy View Post
Your credit card insurance covers long-term rentals? My Chase Sapphire doesn't.
Each rental period is 28 days, all of which fall into the credit card and regular insurance coverage - they don't do mini-leases with a rental period longer than 28 days, you get a new contract every 28 days even if you have a reservation for 12 months. What makes it great, is they docu-sign you the new contract and you just fill in the mileage and sign online, which becomes your new contract without needing to go back to the location.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: