SIXT... Las Vegas

Old Dec 14, 16, 7:42 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75k; Delta Premier Exec; UA Premier; Marriott Platinum; Hertz President's Circle
Is there any advantage as a SIXT Platinum to book a low level car such as an FCAR or PCAR and then hope for or ask for a paid upgrade to a higher level car such as LCAR, XCAR, etc for a lower rate than if you had booked that higher level car to begin with?
Old Dec 14, 16, 8:24 pm

Programs: Marco Polo
I rented a PCAR today and asked for an upgrade, the lady at the counter gave me a brand new C300 for free(platinum member).

I got in and out in less than 10 mins! Even faster than my hertz experience even on gold! Good thing they have visitors from corporate, the counters are all open quite the opposite from what I've read before renting here.
Old Jun 8, 18, 4:09 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
Typ of car LAS IFAR?

Hi Sixt Moritz,

what kind of cars do you offer in LAS if i book a cat. IFAR (Kia Sportage or similar).

Thank you for your reply!
Old Nov 7, 18, 2:23 pm

Programs: SAS EBS, IHG Spire Elite, Hertz Five Star and Sixt Gold
I made a XFAR reservation (Pay at Pick-up) 1-2 months ago with pick up at the McCarran Airport office and returning it at the Shore Hotel in Santa Monica.
However now when i'm searching the same route no premium groups are available, they are however available for rentals with pickup and return at McCarran.

Anyone with experince of this? Can I expect an XFAR

This reservation was made before they split XFAR to XFAR and ZFAZ, so I was even hoping on them to honor this rental (like they did a month ago with a similar rental except that one was pre paid) but now I'm nervous for them just saying "You book a car group, not a specific car, here's a Toyota Rav-4.... (I'm not sh*t*i*g on the rav-4 it is just an example :P )

I'm going to drive about 4000 miles and of course I want a premium car for that trip...
Old Jan 11, 19, 3:00 pm

Programs: Maker's Mark Ambassador
I'm considering renting from Sixt in LAS however I need to be sure I get a all-wheel drive SUV. What category do I need to book?
Old Jan 12, 19, 2:30 am

Programs: SAS EBS, IHG Spire Elite, Hertz Five Star and Sixt Gold
I had the same problem before a recent trip to Las Vegas, had to have AWD. Asked Sixt and they couldn't promise anything. So I made a XFAR reservation, this was before they split that category, so I was expecting a Volvo XC90, Mercedes GLS, Cadillac Escalade or similar which I sort of expected would have AWD. I got an XC90 which had AWD, couldn't see many SUVs in the parking lot up front where my car was. I asked for a Range Rover but my rental was one way so they couldn't give that one to me, didn't even ask what the extra fee would have been I was happy with the Volvo.
They have now split XFAR into XFAR (Land Rover Range Rover Velar Volvo XC90 or similar) and XFAZ (Mercedes-Benz GLS Cadillac Escalade or similar). I think as long as you go for a premium SUV group you should be fine, but I don't want to promise anything :/
https://www.sixt.com/fleet-guide/