SIXT... Las Vegas

Old Nov 16, 2015, 4:39 am
  #31  
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Programs: QR Silv,Sixt Plat
Posts: 42
I've noticed that the Las Vegas office is now showing on the website again and they are accepting reservations...
netlord is offline  
Old Nov 16, 2015, 9:47 pm
  #32  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 1,180
fwiw

Originally Posted by netlord
I've noticed that the Las Vegas office is now showing on the website again and they are accepting reservations...
When I drove by Sixt LAS yesterday (Sunday afternoon), the front of the place was jammed with cars, didn't see any live humans, but they had plenty of cars out front, either ready to be rented or being returned...I haven't checked their website
randix is offline  
Old Nov 17, 2015, 1:23 am
  #33  
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Programs: QR Silv,Sixt Plat
Posts: 42
They've posted an ad for sales agents for the 19th...
www.indeed.com/m/viewjob?jk=8ab22154ebc9d5f4

Last edited by netlord; Nov 17, 2015 at 2:27 am
netlord is offline  
Old Dec 12, 2015, 8:18 pm
  #34  
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 23
Contemplating renting from them but heard so many bad things on yelp and other places.

Wanna rent luxury, but have heard that they don't even have these mercedes and bmw type cars and you end up in a Volvo or something..

And truth?
mikejones84 is offline  
Old Dec 13, 2015, 2:34 pm
  #35  
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: An Island Paradise Near Seattle
Posts: 599
Originally Posted by mikejones84
Contemplating renting from them but heard so many bad things on yelp and other places.

Wanna rent luxury, but have heard that they don't even have these mercedes and bmw type cars and you end up in a Volvo or something..

And truth?
Reports from before early November may reflect the previous licensee. Apparently this location has become corporate-owned recently.

My advice might be to make a cancellable reservation and have a backup strategy. If you download the app for iOS, you may be able to see what cars are available in your class an hour before your pick-up time and not even have to go over to their location if nothing suits.
VibeGuy is offline  
Old Dec 13, 2015, 4:37 pm
  #36  
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Copenhagen
Posts: 47
Looks like good news

Thank you all for keeping this thread updated.

I've just booked a BMW 4 convertible or similar for my trip in Super Bowl week, and was starting to get worried this place was shut down.

If any of you live in Vegas, it would be nice to see a picture or just a status of their parking lot. I've got a friend who's a Vegas man and he's going to drive by during next week to check things out.

So if any is faster than him, feel free to post a picture, else I'll give you guys a heads up hopefully soon!

/Martin
MartinN86 is offline  
Old Dec 14, 2015, 5:15 am
  #37  
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Programs: QR Silv,Sixt Plat
Posts: 42
I imagine all the problems had to do with the location changing from a franchise to a corporate location, hence the lack of premium cars, but if you can please post any pictures that can confirm this...
netlord is offline  
Old Dec 14, 2015, 6:05 pm
  #38  
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: CLT
Programs: Choice Hotels/FFOCUS
Posts: 7,256
Originally Posted by netlord
I imagine all the problems had to do with the location changing from a franchise to a corporate location, hence the lack of premium cars, but if you can please post any pictures that can confirm this...
If in fact that's what happened I can guarantee it just like the CLT location.
coachrowsey is offline  
Old Dec 29, 2015, 4:10 pm
  #39  
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Copenhagen
Posts: 47
Originally Posted by coachrowsey
If in fact that's what happened I can guarantee it just like the CLT location.
As promised my Vegas friend just drove by their front parking lot today, he wasn't allowed in the back lot, but what he told me was that from the outside, there where plenty of bmw's and MB's on the front lot, so if you have a reservation with that, you should be safe.

As promised I'll give a detailed review when I'm collecting my car on the 2nd February. I rather support this branch to be built up instead of giving them bad reviews when there trying their best.
MartinN86 is offline  
Old Jan 6, 2016, 12:31 pm
  #40  
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Programs: QR Silv,Sixt Plat
Posts: 42
Rented an XFAR this weekend, got a GL450, so I can say that this location is up and running again.
Returning still takes longer than expected, and I got a fuelling charge after returning the car with more than a quarter of fuel (the car was handed to me with a quarter of fuel, not a full tank...)
I've talked with them and expect this to be reimbursed...
netlord is offline  
Old Jan 7, 2016, 4:28 pm
  #41  
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 106
Originally Posted by netlord
Rented an XFAR this weekend, got a GL450, so I can say that this location is up and running again.
Returning still takes longer than expected, and I got a fuelling charge after returning the car with more than a quarter of fuel (the car was handed to me with a quarter of fuel, not a full tank...)
I've talked with them and expect this to be reimbursed...
Good to hear it's back up and running. By any chance did you have a time to look at the lot? Anything more special on site than the usual C/E/GL class? Maybe a S class or something even more exotic...
zwkchong is offline  
Old Jan 8, 2016, 3:15 am
  #42  
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Programs: QR Silv,Sixt Plat
Posts: 42
Originally Posted by zwkchong
Good to hear it's back up and running. By any chance did you have a time to look at the lot? Anything more special on site than the usual C/E/GL class? Maybe a S class or something even more exotic...
I did not see anything out of the ordinary really, I didn't see any Audi's, or Benz bigger than E class.
The only convertible I saw was a 4 series.
On the website it doesn't even show an S class option, I guess the only chance right now would be to rent one from LAX and drive to Vegas...
netlord is offline  
Old Jan 13, 2016, 5:23 pm
  #43  
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: TLV now - formerly LAS
Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
Posts: 7,357
Originally Posted by MartinN86
If any of you live in Vegas, it would be nice to see a picture or just a status of their parking lot. I've got a friend who's a Vegas man and he's going to drive by during next week to check things out.
The franchisee in LAS was horrible. It hit the point where Sixt Customer Service was involved in every rental. I stopped renting from them here entirely. I am flying out of town tonight and will stop by to snap a couple pictures before I depart.
Mrp Alert is offline  
Old Jan 13, 2016, 10:28 pm
  #44  
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 3
This past weekend they tried to upsell me on an S550 or an A8, but I declined. I had an SCAR reserved at a pretty decent rate, and was upgraded to a PCAR (brand new Volvo S60) based on my Platinum status. I probably could have had a smaller BMW or Mercedes or Audi, but I had 3 large passengers and appreciated the relative roominess of the Volvo. There were lots of cars on the lot, likely meant to supply the large convention that was in town.

The pickup was fast enough, and the return was mostly painless.

BEWARE, if you are making a right hand turn into the lot, you essentially have to make a 180 degree turn, and there is a low curb in a very inconvenient place. By the looks of it, most vehicles turning in there clip the corner. The concrete is chipped and covered in tire marks. I suspect they are so accustomed to getting cars returned with scraped passenger-side rear wheels that they don't even bother trying to fight it. They should really have that curb ground down. Very poorly designed.

In any case, I was happy with the rental and plan to give Sixt another shot next month.
zapf is offline  
Old Jan 16, 2016, 2:27 pm
  #45  
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 106
Originally Posted by zapf
This past weekend they tried to upsell me on an S550 or an A8, but I declined. I had an SCAR reserved at a pretty decent rate, and was upgraded to a PCAR (brand new Volvo S60) based on my Platinum status. I probably could have had a smaller BMW or Mercedes or Audi, but I had 3 large passengers and appreciated the relative roominess of the Volvo. There were lots of cars on the lot, likely meant to supply the large convention that was in town.

The pickup was fast enough, and the return was mostly painless.

BEWARE, if you are making a right hand turn into the lot, you essentially have to make a 180 degree turn, and there is a low curb in a very inconvenient place. By the looks of it, most vehicles turning in there clip the corner. The concrete is chipped and covered in tire marks. I suspect they are so accustomed to getting cars returned with scraped passenger-side rear wheels that they don't even bother trying to fight it. They should really have that curb ground down. Very poorly designed.

In any case, I was happy with the rental and plan to give Sixt another shot next month.
How much did they want for the upsell?
zwkchong is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.