Can BMW be guranteed?

Old Feb 13, 15, 4:14 pm
Original Poster

Can BMW be guranteed?

Hello
As I saw in my country website:
"Group E - IDAR
BMW 1 SERIES AUT"
For taking it on Freiburg, I wonder if this car can be guaranteed somehow and what other cars in this category?
I have not made reservation yet but would be happy to make one as soon as I know.
Old Feb 13, 15, 5:49 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Lufthansa SEN, Hilton Diamond, misc other stuff
Sixt would only guarantee a car class but you can always add a note to the reservation while booking and even ask them to call you to negotiate options and potential upgrades.

http://www.mietwagen-talk.de/index.p...onItem&id=1110 seems to be outdated but their forum/site is well recommended, esp. for Sixt in Europe/Germany.

FDAR has lots of 3 series BMWs in my experience.
In your case best would really be to call them - or try to use a Sixt implant station that is colocated inside a BMW dealership
Old Feb 16, 15, 10:11 am

Considering Sixt have the largest BMW fleet in the world, you could probably be 99% confident of getting a BMW in Germany if you aren't too picky about which model you'll get.

In my experience, the BMW 1er isn't common in Germany as an automatic. I once tried booking it on their website as a CPAR and the large downtown Berlin location did not even have any automatic cars in that class. However, if you get FDAR or above, you'll certainly be able to choose a BMW. In particular, I've never seen station wagons at Sixt that are not the BMW 3 or 5 series.

Another problem is that Freiburg only has one Sixt station. If you really want a 1er automatic, you could try calling the Mulhouse and Basel locations on the day that you're renting.

If you 100% want a specific BMW model, you can try reserving a Hertz Prestige Collection vehicle.
Old Feb 16, 15, 10:10 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by Schweden View Post
In particular, I've never seen station wagons at Sixt that are not the BMW 3 or 5 series.
I had an Audi A6 wagon from Sixt FRA a couple of years ago.
Old Feb 17, 15, 4:18 am

Originally Posted by cestmoi123 View Post
I had an Audi A6 wagon from Sixt FRA a couple of years ago.
Unlucky for you? I personally far prefer the BMW Touring models to the Audi Avants. The Audis remind me too much of Volkswagens.

What I meant to say was that I've yet to see visit a large Sixt location in Germany without a BMW station wagon available.

In general, Sixt would carry far more BMWs in its full-size to premium classes, while another agency like Europcar would mostly have Mercedes-Benzes or Audis.
Old Feb 17, 15, 10:29 am

Originally Posted by Schweden View Post
Unlucky for you? I personally far prefer the BMW Touring models to the Audi Avants. The Audis remind me too much of Volkswagens.

What I meant to say was that I've yet to see visit a large Sixt location in Germany without a BMW station wagon available.

In general, Sixt would carry far more BMWs in its full-size to premium classes, while another agency like Europcar would mostly have Mercedes-Benzes or Audis.
Certainly, their mix tilts heavily toward BMW. I would have preferred a 5er, but had just gotten off a trans-Atlantic flight, and didn't really care that much. Have to say, that A6 Avant (3L diesel) handled 220kph on the Autobahn without complaint.
Old Feb 20, 15, 10:19 am
Original Poster

best price got so far

is from Hertz Car Group I, Automatic, BMW 320D - GPS OR SIMILAR.
What can I expect? I prefer BMW but good Mercedes or Audi can also be great as I usually at home drive Japanese cars only

What do you think?
Old Feb 20, 15, 1:04 pm

Originally Posted by ilan2323 View Post
is from Hertz Car Group I, Automatic, BMW 320D - GPS OR SIMILAR.
What can I expect? I prefer BMW but good Mercedes or Audi can also be great as I usually at home drive Japanese cars only

What do you think?
Very likely a 320D, might be an A4, but 320D is by far the most likely.
Old Feb 20, 15, 3:52 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Can BMW be guranteed?

http://www.mietwagen-talk.de/index.php?page=LexiconItem&id=1024
Old Feb 22, 15, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by ilan2323 View Post
Hello
As I saw in my country website:
"Group E - IDAR
BMW 1 SERIES AUT"
For taking it on Freiburg, I wonder if this car can be guaranteed somehow and what other cars in this category?
I have not made reservation yet but would be happy to make one as soon as I know.
Are we talking Sixt here? BMW 1 is CPMR at Sixt Germany.
IDAR at Sixt Germany is likely to get you a Mercedes B-Class.
Old Feb 23, 15, 7:33 pm

Is Sixt strict regarding the underage policy? I'm trying to book a 7 series in Munich this summer and I will be 22 by then.
If my dad rents it, is there any problem if he adds me as the additional driver?
Thanks
Old Feb 24, 15, 7:25 am

Originally Posted by mbfanos View Post
Is Sixt strict regarding the underage policy? I'm trying to book a 7 series in Munich this summer and I will be 22 by then.
If my dad rents it, is there any problem if he adds me as the additional driver?
Thanks
Yes because for the additional driver they will want to see the driver's license as well. So they will know your age and then apply the underage surcharge.
Old Feb 24, 15, 1:01 pm

Originally Posted by das_ubersoldat View Post
Yes because for the additional driver they will want to see the driver's license as well. So they will know your age and then apply the underage surcharge.
Do they strictly follow the underage policy? I mean the 7 series is for 25+ only but I'm only 22
If they do, how about Hertz?
I have been renting prestige cars with Hertz in the US. Most of them are okay with me.
Old Mar 19, 15, 11:24 am
B42

Programs: IC,KLM,Marriott,LHW,HHonors
Originally Posted by mbfanos View Post
Do they strictly follow the underage policy? I mean the 7 series is for 25+ only but I'm only 22
If they do, how about Hertz?
I have been renting prestige cars with Hertz in the US. Most of them are okay with me.
Same story, min. age is 25.
Old Mar 19, 15, 11:38 am

Programs: HH Diamond, Sixt Platinum, IHG Spire Ambassador, Marriott/SPG Gold .....
Can BMW be guranteed?

Best way to get a BMW is to use a Sixt station at a BMW dealership

Search this Thread
Search Engine: