Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sixt - Atlanta Hartsfield Airport

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2015, 7:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Nitehawk
I don't buy that they can deactivate the nav. If the SD card is in it, it works. No SD card, no nav.

As for more american cars. I hope not! The german cars are what I like most about renting from Sixt.
I will check the vehicle next time. If they do get more domestics they should be top of the line ones SS, SRT, Cadillac V series...etc.
Old Sep 19, 2015, 12:38 pm

Programs: DL PM, National Exec, HH Dia, Sixt Plat, SPG Gold
Any experiences using the app in ATL? Is your pre-assigned car updated on the app like other locations? If so can you bypass the counter?
Old Sep 21, 2015, 9:08 am
Company Representative, Sixt Customer Service

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by infradig
Any experiences using the app in ATL? Is your pre-assigned car updated on the app like other locations? If so can you bypass the counter?
Hi Infradig.

Once the vehice is assigned to your rental, the vehicle details will be available on the app.

When arriving at ATL, Platinum customers and online check-in customers may proceed directly to the parking deck service counter on level one ^

Any further questions, let us know

Thanks,

Emily
Old Oct 10, 2015, 3:21 pm

Awful first attempt at an experience with Sixt. Reserved an FFAR 2-3 months ago and even had one of the reps on here contact the branch to try and reserve an Escalade for me.

Showed up yesterday at my scheduled reservation only to be told there weren't any SUVs available at all, but I could have an E350 (with no price adjustment) or a Corvette. While I appreciate the offer of a Corvette, its not really a good option for someone who reserved an SUV.

Ended up going back to my tried and true National Car and was away in a Tahoe in no time at all. Not too sure I'll get adventurous and stray from National again.
Old Oct 12, 2015, 4:54 am
Original Poster

Thursday's pick up

Cadillac SRX4
Alittle over 9k
Nav and Panaromic roof

****the phone application will not let me post pictures

had to get to my desktop***

Last edited by mike929; Oct 12, 2015 at 5:47 am
Old Nov 26, 2015, 2:23 pm
Original Poster

Well I picked up a C300 yesterday and I saw the unicorn there, the Audi A8. It was already reserved. I spoke to the rep. and she said it is the ONLY ONE they have. I told it is impossible to reserve because it doesn't even show up.

Old Nov 27, 2015, 3:32 pm
Original Poster

c300

The more I get this car the more I like it I would never get one because it personally too small for me. This just makes me want to get that class or the S class even more. I really don't like that it does not have navigation because the SD cards get stolen. All they would have to do is check that when you check your car in.
Old Dec 22, 2015, 9:15 pm

Programs: DL PM
Originally Posted by SixtCustomerServices
Hi Infradig.

Once the vehice is assigned to your rental, the vehicle details will be available on the app.

When arriving at ATL, Platinum customers and online check-in customers may proceed directly to the parking deck service counter on level one ^

Any further questions, let us know

Thanks,

Emily
Can someone chime in if this means that there is essentially no waiting around now required? Or is it just go to the parking deck, wait in line, wait for someone to get a car, and then when returning, go to wait in line to return (seriously, there is no express return/just drop the car and walk away?). While there is certainly a price advantage over Hertz especially on the higher end cars, on a quick turn 2-day rental the ability to go directly to a car, drive out, and drive back in and go back to the airport without waiting is pretty attractive too...
Old Jan 7, 2016, 3:39 am

Picked up a car with an IFAR reservation and a Sixt Platinum was "upgraded" to a Hyundai Santa Fe (SFAR). I was quite unhappy with the car, but was told the only alternative would be a Jeep Compass or I could pay some more and get a Tahoe. Compared to the SFAR models listed on the website (GMC Acadia, Ford Explorer, Volvo XC70, Chevrolet Traverse) the Santa Fe in base trim is a bad joke... A long list of different SFAR vehicles was available on the agent's screen, so no idea why only the Hyundai was offered to me.
Old Jan 16, 2016, 10:21 am
Original Poster

2016 Cadillac CTS

Picked up a 2016 CTS Thursday. Could have got the XTS but another customer in line got it as we discussed what was available at the desk. Plus I had the CTS before (from Avis). I wanted to try out the CTS. The car came from the wash was was still dirty. In hindsight I should have asked for it to be washed again, but I had to go. I didn't walk out in the lot and see what else was available.

I don't usually wash the rentals but today it a nice day. I found it the tire has an aneurysm ( that's what I call them ). Basically a bulge/bubble in the sidewall. This is potentially dangerous. I called Sixt Hartsfield ( any other number I tried just gave a busy signal ) 888.749.8227.

So, I have no time to go and do an exchange. They set up a 2-way tow and will bring me another CTS.

Old Jan 16, 2016, 2:04 pm
Original Poster

I got the 2nd CTS. This one is actually in a higher trim. It has the HUD. Still could be washed better. The two gentlemen that came with the new car were both great.

Old Jun 3, 2016, 3:12 pm

My last experience using SixT in Las Vegas in April was not ideal, but I figured I would give them another shot for a trip to Atlanta before I continue to take my business elsewhere. I booked a PCAR for 5 days 3 months in advance. on arrival, 30 minutes before my reservation time, I was informed that there were no cars in my class available. I could wait an hour for a card to become available, or I could settle for a full-size car, and was offered a Hyundai Sonata with 18k miles. I reminded them that I am a platinum member, and that this was an unacceptable solution. I asked about any and all other cars available, to which a Toyota Camry, a mini Cooper and a Hyundai Accent we're now available. I inquired further, and was told I could pay to be upgraded to an Audi A8 or Suburban at nearly 4 to 5 times my original price. I relented, and told them I would take the Toyota Camry. The agent told me I would get a discount for downgrading, but was unable to tell me how much it would be, let alone apply it now. The discount would be applied when I returned the vehicle, and would be up to the person working then. During this time, an A3 appeared and was a offered to me. I took it, and no sooner do I start it when the change oil light appears. At this point, I don't care. I just want a vehicle and to start enjoying my vacation.

During all of this, the other two agents at the desk were dealing with similar issues with other customers. Cars are reserved by customers that want to be able, and customers being given cars in different classes. After 45 minutes of investigating what cars were available, and turning down downgraded vehicles, I walked away with the car I had reserved. So much for the Platinum upgrades, express service or anything resembling an organized company.
Old Jun 3, 2016, 7:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Spectrum42
My last experience using SixT in Las Vegas in April was not ideal, but I figured I would give them another shot for a trip to Atlanta before I continue to take my business elsewhere. I booked a PCAR for 5 days 3 months in advance. on arrival, 30 minutes before my reservation time, I was informed that there were no cars in my class available. I could wait an hour for a card to become available, or I could settle for a full-size car, and was offered a Hyundai Sonata with 18k miles. I reminded them that I am a platinum member, and that this was an unacceptable solution. I asked about any and all other cars available, to which a Toyota Camry, a mini Cooper and a Hyundai Accent we're now available. I inquired further, and was told I could pay to be upgraded to an Audi A8 or Suburban at nearly 4 to 5 times my original price. I relented, and told them I would take the Toyota Camry. The agent told me I would get a discount for downgrading, but was unable to tell me how much it would be, let alone apply it now. The discount would be applied when I returned the vehicle, and would be up to the person working then. During this time, an A3 appeared and was a offered to me. I took it, and no sooner do I start it when the change oil light appears. At this point, I don't care. I just want a vehicle and to start enjoying my vacation.

During all of this, the other two agents at the desk were dealing with similar issues with other customers. Cars are reserved by customers that want to be able, and customers being given cars in different classes. After 45 minutes of investigating what cars were available, and turning down downgraded vehicles, I walked away with the car I had reserved. So much for the Platinum upgrades, express service or anything resembling an organized company.
Sorry to hear this experience at the ATL location. I have never had an experience like this. Also, interesting they had the A8 and offered it to you. If you don't mind what was the ballpark figure they wanted? I have only seen it twice, you can never reserve it but each time I have seen it, it was reserved.
Old Jun 7, 2016, 4:58 pm

Originally Posted by mike929
Sorry to hear this experience at the ATL location. I have never had an experience like this. Also, interesting they had the A8 and offered it to you. If you don't mind what was the ballpark figure they wanted? I have only seen it twice, you can never reserve it but each time I have seen it, it was reserved.
The total for four days was around $900.
Old Jun 9, 2016, 5:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Spectrum42
The total for four days was around $900.
Thank you

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.