Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sixt - Atlanta Hartsfield Airport

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2015, 7:49 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
I had my first Sixt rental at Atlanta and it was a good experience. Quick service at the main counter and in the garage. No one told me about the bright orange everywhere. It was surreal.

I wish they had more locations. I took a look at the LAX location recently but they were too expensive for my travel dates.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 8:20 am
Original Poster

I picked up a BMW X5 last night. Customer service is great at Sixt, however I can't wait for them to streamline the checkout process.

-I don't understand BMW options. The vehicle has:
-Nav, which i take at this level is standard
-HD Radio but no Sat
-Parking sensors front and back , but no rear camera
-Panoramic roof
-Has a smart key, but does not have the convenience package. Meaning you need to use the remote to unlock/lock the doors but only have it in the cabin to start the vehicle.
No HUD like the 528i I had last time.

Despite that it is a nice vehicle. I feels small though. I feel the american vehicles have caught up to the European vehicles in some respects. I still favor the Tahoe LTZ, but I have yet to try the GLK450....maybe next time.
Old Mar 31, 2015, 3:31 pm
JBa

Programs: some
Originally Posted by mike929
I picked up a BMW X5 last night. Customer service is great at Sixt, however I can't wait for them to streamline the checkout process.

-I don't understand BMW options. The vehicle has:
-Nav, which i take at this level is standard
-HD Radio but no Sat
-Parking sensors front and back , but no rear camera
-Panoramic roof
-Has a smart key, but does not have the convenience package. Meaning you need to use the remote to unlock/lock the doors but only have it in the cabin to start the vehicle.
No HUD like the 528i I had last time.

Despite that it is a nice vehicle. I feels small though. I feel the american vehicles have caught up to the European vehicles in some respects. I still favor the Tahoe LTZ, but I have yet to try the GLK450....maybe next time.
Would be more, like what Sixt is ordering?
Old Mar 31, 2015, 8:21 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JBa
Would be more, like what Sixt is ordering?
I guess it would be more and it is possible they have other models with different options in the fleet. However, this location is so small I have never seen multiples of the same vehicles. I take that back there might have been two 3 series and the first time I went there were two Corvettes. Being that Sixt offers and has a slogan something like renting the "best" I would expect or hope for fully loaded vehicles. Like I said though, they may have them in their fleet I just have to choose them when they are available.

Also i'll add I think all of the domestic vehicles should be top of the line as well. When I got the X5 there was a Tahoe next to it but it was an LT. I realize these are small gripes when Sixt offers a clearly more upscale fleet than the competition.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 9:47 am
Original Poster

Well I returned the BMW X5 yesterday. It grew on me. I still wish that it had the other options the 528i had. I have yet to rent a Mercedes so maybe that is next. I wish this location had an A8 or BMW 7 series or Mercedes S class ( or even the E class ).

FYI this one lane is the entire Sixt fleet at this location. This is the most cars I have seen ( returns are parked in front ) plus i'm sure there are some getting cleaned up. This is still a very small fleet.

Here are some poor pics from me dropping off the X5.

Old Apr 7, 2015, 5:12 pm

Maybe they have an off-site storage facility somewhere? For instance, at HPN I noticed that Enterprise has only 4 parking spots. I highly doubted they have so few reservations. At the top of the hill, I saw a lot with a tall fence, and SUVS with ERAC bar codes parked bumper to bumper inside.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 5:15 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Auto Enthusiast
Maybe they have an off-site storage facility somewhere? For instance, at HPN I noticed that Enterprise has only 4 parking spots. I highly doubted they have so few reservations. At the top of the hill, I saw a lot with a tall fence, and SUVS with ERAC bar codes parked bumper to bumper inside.
Yes, that is very possible. However, when I asked for different vehicles they pretty much only had what was down on the lane.
Old Apr 7, 2015, 10:08 pm

Sure. If it's some distance away, they will probably only bring in more cars to match the expected arriving demand.

It's like when I enter a Manhattan parking garage, and notice that the whole lower level is practically bursting full. The attendant asks me when I'm coming back. I say late at night. The car presumably goes into the elevator after I leave. Yet, when I arrive, my car is almost always in the group by the downstairs office, parked in the corner against the wall.
Old Jun 11, 2015, 7:51 pm
Original Poster

Picked up a domestic today - Cadillac XTS not a bad car

so far my cons - no sun roof - XM subscription ran out

Not sure I listed my last pickup - 2015 C class Mercedes
Very nice car - I would pick it over the basic BMW 328
The Mercedes is overall a better car in my opinion

I now feel the need to put some comments in the suggestion box
We need more vehicles at this location. This is the busiest airport in the US. I feel we should have everything Sixt has to offer ( BMW i8, Mercedes S550, Audi A8, BMW 7 series...etc ).
Old Jun 14, 2015, 7:14 am
Original Poster

Does someone check the fluids?

I image when you return a car they wash it and vacuum it and check all fluids/tire pressure ....etc

Or sometimes not:

Old Jun 15, 2015, 3:45 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
Picked up a domestic today - Cadillac XTS not a bad car

so far my cons - no sun roof - XM subscription ran out

Not sure I listed my last pickup - 2015 C class Mercedes
Very nice car - I would pick it over the basic BMW 328
The Mercedes is overall a better car in my opinion

I now feel the need to put some comments in the suggestion box
We need more vehicles at this location. This is the busiest airport in the US. I feel we should have everything Sixt has to offer ( BMW i8, Mercedes S550, Audi A8, BMW 7 series...etc ).
I would take the new C-Class (and have) over the XTS, having driven both. The XTS seems a lot like an impala to me. FWD based chassis, standard chevy V6.

Even though the C-Class is a lower class of car than the XTS, it shouldn't be. If only it had leather!
Old Jun 15, 2015, 4:45 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Nitehawk
I would take the new C-Class (and have) over the XTS, having driven both. The XTS seems a lot like an impala to me. FWD based chassis, standard chevy V6.

Even though the C-Class is a lower class of car than the XTS, it shouldn't be. If only it had leather!
The C class you had did not have leather? One thing I really like is remote start.
Old Jun 15, 2015, 9:06 pm

Programs: Delta PM, Marriott Plat, Hertz Pres
The C class you had did not have leather? One thing I really like is remote start.
The 'base' interiors use what is called 'MB-Text' which is a synthetic leather thing. The full real leather is an a step up.
Old Jun 16, 2015, 4:47 pm
Original Poster

forgot to add some pictures of what the lot looked like when I dropped off.

Old Jun 25, 2015, 8:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL Scattered Smothered Covered Medallion, Some hotel & car stuff, Kroger Plus Card
Thinking of moving my National rental this weekend to Sixt, who has just matched me to Platinum. It seems from this thread there are some decent cars, but most of the upgrade reports are from Diamonds.

Are the double upgrades for Platinums at least reasonably reliable, particularly for a Friday-Sunday rental? Would love to end up in a BMW or Audi, but would also love to save a few bucks by reserving SCAR or FCAR and leveraging status.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.