Sixt - Atlanta Hartsfield Airport

Old Feb 8, 2015, 6:25 pm

Programs: DL PM 0.5MM, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, Avis PC, National EE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by mike929

My next Sixt car rental is the LCAR. I will need a bigger vehicle for sure.
The 328i is an LCAR? I am assuming that you mean XCAR (528i).
BMW 3 series don't come with nav standard unlike the 5 series.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 3:41 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kxc262

My next Sixt car rental is the LCAR. I will need a bigger vehicle for sure.
The 328i is an LCAR? I am assuming that you mean XCAR (528i).
BMW 3 series don't come with nav standard unlike the 5 series.

I reserved a PCAR. My status is Platinum, so I got upgraded. The 3 was the only thing available.
Old Feb 9, 2015, 3:47 pm
Original Poster

Just made my first reservation - ATL Airport

Well my rental has concluded. All on all it went well. I am still in shock at how small the inventory at Sixt is.

My LCAR rental is in the beginning of March. What cars/trucks are available in the luxury and Extraordinary class?
Old Feb 10, 2015, 6:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by NDDomer86
Just be aware that the minimum deposit any Sixt location in Georgia will hold is $250 regardless of rental rate, and also that for Premium Cars and higher, the minimum hold amount is $500 (seems to be $800 minimum for Luxury) regardless of rental rate.
FYI they held 899 dollars for a LCAR. I wonder how much for the corvette?
Old Feb 11, 2015, 7:18 am
Moderator: Avianca, Travel Photography, Travel Technology & USA

Programs: Emeritus VIP Fromins Deli Encino grandfathered successor program - UA MM & HH Diamond
We've merged two related threads for ease of searching. Some of the chronological postings may seem slightly out of sync as a result.
Old Mar 9, 2015, 10:31 am
Original Poster

my second rental

I will be returning my second rental from Sixt. For my LCAR rental I received a 528i (1499 hold on CC). The car had 10k+ miles. It was nice and had the HUD, backup camera and sensors. Oddly when parking forward the sensors would never alert when I was closing in on an object. Yet, when I went to reverse out of the parking space the front alarms would than work. This 528i did not have a cold weather package or convenience package ( i.e. open doors without pressing a button on the key fob ). Just makes me wonder why American cars almost come with remote start and "true" keyless entry almost stardard ( it seems ).

So from Sixt I have received a 3 series and now a 5 series. Customer service is great from everyone at Sixt. I just wish it would be more "express". Like go directly to the car. You have to make two counter stops before getting your vehicle.

Seeing how the 5 series is the top of the line Sixt offers ( you have to be a VP with Sixt (inside the corporation) in order to get an Audi A8, as I witnessed on my first rental ). I would like to get a 7 series since i'm in the market for a new car. I guess I have to go to Enterprise Exotics. Can anyone else make a suggestion?

Last edited by mike929; Mar 10, 2015 at 11:12 am
Old Mar 13, 2015, 2:03 am

Programs: Plat Amb, CCG, EBG
Had a good experience at the ATL Sixt. Reserved ECAR, got a very well equipped Cadillac Srx with sat-nav, rear facing camera, parking sensors and stuff, LFAR, I believe? They really didn't have much better than it when I arrived, or I'm sure I would have been upgraded further.
Old Mar 13, 2015, 6:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by OliT
Had a good experience at the ATL Sixt. Reserved ECAR, got a very well equipped Cadillac Srx with sat-nav, rear facing camera, parking sensors and stuff, LFAR, I believe? They really didn't have much better than it when I arrived, or I'm sure I would have been upgraded further.
Nice upgrade, are you Platinum or Diamond status?
Old Mar 13, 2015, 6:25 am

Nice upgrade, are you Platinum or Diamond status?
Yes, Diamond.
Old Mar 13, 2015, 6:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by OliT
Yes, Diamond.

I see the exclusive Diamond status. Very nice indeed.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 6:58 am

Picked up in Midtown Atlanta but they seem to share fleet btwn airport (where I am returning) and Midtown.

Have PCAR reserved, given choice of LCAR (Audi A4 or BMW 328i). Took the BMW, 12k miles on it, drives great, handles so well, very happy with it.
Old Mar 15, 2015, 10:00 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Discoverist, Hilton Gold
It sounds like there is no express check-in. Everybody needs to go to the main rental car center counter first. Is that correct?
Old Mar 15, 2015, 1:15 pm

Originally Posted by Jeeves
It sounds like there is no express check-in. Everybody needs to go to the main rental car center counter first. Is that correct?
I wasn't assigned a car through the mobile application, so I figured I had to stop by the main counter. They were having some computer issues when I arrived, so it took quite some time. Apart from that, service was very good.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 4:08 pm

Programs: AC SE*MM, Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Gold, National EE, Sixt Plat, Hz 5*
Rented for the first time out of ATL today. Had a PCAR res and received a CLA.

I am SIXT nothing but am national executive elite, air canada super elite, SPG Platinum. Anyway to get my status matched or bumped up? Check out was quick, the car is well equipped, these guys may steal the business I give to national out of ATL.
Old Mar 24, 2015, 5:37 am
Company Representative, Sixt Customer Service

Sixt Customer Service

Hi,

Can you send me a private message with details of your rental and memberships and I will see what I can do.

Thanks, Ruth.

Originally Posted by Nitehawk
Rented for the first time out of ATL today. Had a PCAR res and received a CLA.

I am SIXT nothing but am national executive elite, air canada super elite, SPG Platinum. Anyway to get my status matched or bumped up? Check out was quick, the car is well equipped, these guys may steal the business I give to national out of ATL.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.