Wiki Posts
Search

My SIXT horror story

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2014, 12:35 pm

Programs: UA, AA, Marriott, National, Sixt
Originally Posted by SwissCircle
@sixtisbest
Why not? What he did had unexpected??? consequences but was eventually faster than arguing with Sixt.

Obviously Sixt was not capable to
a. to start with: a contract in english in Munich

b. let the customer now that he is blocked, while asking to pay the outstanding balance

c. cxl. the reservation he made. Yes, as an employee when checking reservations / doing fleet planning you can see that there is an issue

d. direct the customer to the correct phone number / contact to solve the issue about being blocked

Unblocking a blocked customer can be done quite quickly and quietly.

I think I know what the Munich agent did and that happened quite often in the past and let to some consequences for those involved...
I find that hard to believe. I have rented Sixt cars in Spain, Germany, France. Every time a contract prints out, I have asked them to print it out in English and NEVER had anyone decline that request. Don't think that comes down to the capability of Sixt. Not defending them, but did the OP ask for a contract in English when he knew it's in German? Always worth a shot. Besides, never sign a document that you do not understand.

I do agree that Sixt should have made efforts to let the OP know of his 'blocked' status. It was a case of misunderstanding, which Sixt did not do enough to resolve at that time. The shock in Sweden was an added inconvenience; however even if it's pre-paid, the CC company can check that it's pre-paid for services in the future. If you mail them a copy of the pre-paid contract, you can dispute it. You may have to escalate to a supervisor of the CC call center rather than just the first CS agent on the phone.

In Sweden - the CS agent should have notified the OP that this is the issue. Instead of canceling the reservation, they should have tried to call in and rectify the problem on the spot. Sixt employee should have realized that this is a traveler who's outside of his country - instead of causing some inconvenience, try to actually help him instead?

Needless to say, if you have spoken to Gary here, I'm sure he would have had taken care of it. I can speak this generally, an action of one station cannot justify saying negative things of the entire organization. It goes for Avis, Hertz too. I've dealt with super agents at Avis in Columbus, but recently in Cleveland, they were less than stellar. Does that mean I won't rent from Avis? No - they have served me well in the past and 1 experience won't change it. Similarly - I have never had any issues with Sixt. On my last rental, I had an unexpected charge on the final receipt. I asked Gary about it and he took care of it. Do you see any Avis / Hertz guys doing this for you?

Give Sixt another shot or two at redemption ^ and hope everything gets resolved for you!
Old Mar 11, 2014, 9:22 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Sixt Platinum, HHons Diamond
I have used Sixt in both France and Spain regularly and recently and I am always offered a copy of the contract in English by the staff.
Old Mar 11, 2014, 10:39 am
Suspended

redacted
Old Mar 15, 2014, 3:31 pm

a) no problem, to print the contract in englisch
b) rental agent does not know that.
c) cannot easily cancel prepaid
d) does not help for a short term solution anyway.
unblocking is no easy
Old Mar 16, 2014, 2:37 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by sixtisbest
a) no problem, to print the contract in englisch
b) rental agent does not know that.
c) cannot easily cancel prepaid
d) does not help for a short term solution anyway.
unblocking is no easy
Sorry, but your post makes no sense.

Of course you can see when a customer is blocked.

Unblocking can be done with one phone call.

I have worked with SIXT in the past and am very familiar with all procedures up to a regional managers level. There was no reason for the OP experience to happen.

Last edited by SwissCircle; Mar 17, 2014 at 1:43 pm
Old Mar 17, 2014, 12:58 pm

Programs: UA, AA, Marriott, National, Sixt
any update from the OP?
Old Sep 7, 2014, 11:41 pm
Original Poster

I just noticed this thread is still out there. I am pleased to report that as a result of this thread, sixt has unblocked me and refunded me. I am thrilled to have this finally behind me and I thank Gary Caudwell from sixt
Old Sep 14, 2014, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by SwissCircle
Sorry, but your post makes no sense.

Of course you can see when a customer is blocked.

Unblocking can be done with one phone call.

I have worked with SIXT in the past and am very familiar with all procedures up to a regional managers level. There was no reason for the OP experience to happen.
Your post is 100% incorrect. I don't understand what manager level information has to do with blocking a client.
Btw, yes, you can see that a client is blocked, but not why.
Which was the question
Old Sep 18, 2014, 8:30 am

Programs: AF/KL Plat for Life, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Accor Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC
My SIXT horror story

In fact, this story, and my personal experience, tell us a few things:
1 - do not sign things written in languages you do not understand
2 - use credit card dispute as a last resort
3 - Sixt luxury cars are awesome and affordable BUT their customer service is s#%£ and inexistent (ever tried to send an email to Sixt CS?) EXCEPT for the awesome Sixt guys (Gary, Jess, Matthew) on this forum who to this day have fixed every issue (and there is a bunch) I have ever had with Sixt
4 - rent with Sixt, if there is an issue PM these guys, be a happy camper
Old Jul 14, 2015, 2:09 am

Refuse rental

I had also problem with Sixt.
I booked car at the airport with pick up time 23:30. At time when I got there, I noticed nobody is waiting for me. Only empty desk and phone. So I used that phone and lady told me something I did not understood-I am not English and my english is not very good as well. She told me something about pick up point... So I started looking for it at the airport. I traveled with wife and 2 small childen so I started be angry. After several minutes I decided go back to empty desk and phone and try again but I was mad already. My kids were crying. The same lady told me to find a bus and go to pick up point. I was waiting for that bus at least 20 minutes. And when finally I got where I could get a car they refuse me to rent it because I was rude at the phone. I was left in the middle of the night with 2 small childen without a car in foreign country!!!
By courtesy someone got back to airport again where I rented car straight away from Avis with no problem.
It was nearly 2am and at the airport all desks with different car rent companies were open apart Sixt. It is unacceptable in my opinion. I will avoid Sixt from now.
I do not know if they will charge me for that car-I gave my credit card number when I booked a car but where I read your stories I think they will.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 9:55 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Sixt Platinum, HHons Diamond
Originally Posted by SheldonCooper
I booked car at the airport with pick up time 23:30. At time when I got there, I noticed nobody is waiting for me. Only empty desk and phone. So I used that phone and lady told me something I did not understood-I am not English and my english is not very good as well. She told me something about pick up point... So I started looking for it at the airport. I traveled with wife and 2 small childen so I started be angry. After several minutes I decided go back to empty desk and phone and try again but I was mad already. My kids were crying. The same lady told me to find a bus and go to pick up point. I was waiting for that bus at least 20 minutes. And when finally I got where I could get a car they refuse me to rent it because I was rude at the phone. I was left in the middle of the night with 2 small childen without a car in foreign country!!!
By courtesy someone got back to airport again where I rented car straight away from Avis with no problem.
It was nearly 2am and at the airport all desks with different car rent companies were open apart Sixt. It is unacceptable in my opinion. I will avoid Sixt from now.
I do not know if they will charge me for that car-I gave my credit card number when I booked a car but where I read your stories I think they will.
Just to recap

You do not speak English so were not able to communicate in the country you were visiting. Not Sixt's fault.
You therefore got angry and abusive with staff which lead to them refusing to rent you a car. Not Sixt's fault.
Finally you calmed down and behaved sensibly and another company rented you a car.

What are you complaining about exactly? If Sixt staff refused to rent you a car due to your abusive behaviour I hardly think they will be concerned to hear that you won't rent from them in the future.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 10:29 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
Being abusive is never acceptable. For any reason. Sixt did the right thing in firing you as a customer.
Old Jul 14, 2015, 3:02 pm

Originally Posted by Vinotraveller
Just to recap

You do not speak English so were not able to communicate in the country you were visiting. Not Sixt's fault.
You therefore got angry and abusive with staff which lead to them refusing to rent you a car. Not Sixt's fault.
Finally you calmed down and behaved sensibly and another company rented you a car.

What are you complaining about exactly? If Sixt staff refused to rent you a car due to your abusive behaviour I hardly think they will be concerned to hear that you won't rent from them in the future.
I complain about no one at the desk. My english is good to speak with someone eye to eye. There was no info at the website I have take bus to go somewhere. For me somebody should be for me. At Avis desk lady told me people from Sixt leave very early not like rest companies. I will avoid Sixt for future

Last edited by SheldonCooper; Jul 15, 2015 at 12:20 am
Old Jul 15, 2015, 12:19 am

Originally Posted by Often1
Being abusive is never acceptable. For any reason. Sixt did the right thing in firing you as a customer.
I was not abusive, I was not nice and that is different behavior.Lady at the phone was not extremly nice as well.
Old Jul 15, 2015, 6:21 am

Originally Posted by SheldonCooper
I booked car at the airport with pick up time 23:30.
If you booked your rentail prior, you would have received a reservation via email. When sixt sends out the reservation confirmation they send out the pick up and drop information. It clearly outlines how to get to their location.
* Branch information:
Sixt Los Angeles Airport is located only three minutes from the Los Angeles Airport (LAX). We partner with the Renaissance Los Angeles Airport Hotel which gives you the great opportunity to stay in an outstanding Hotel and collect and return your Sixt rental car at the same place. Our counter is conveniently located on the first floor inside the Renaissance Hotel. To get to our branch from the airport and to return simply use the Renaissance LAX or Four Points LAX Sheraton courtesy shuttles.
* Your way to Sixt:
On the arrivals level take the exit at the baggage claim area. In case you have luggage please collect it before exiting the baggage claim area. Proceed outside on the arrival Level towards the shuttle bus islands in front of each terminal. Our courtesy shuttle will collect you under the red sign which is designated for Hotel and Courtesy shuttles.
The Renaissance LAX shuttle bus runs approximately every 15-20 minutes. Please lookout for the light blue
shuttle buses displaying Renaissance LAX or Four Points LAX Sheraton on the panel above the windshield and side window. Our Sixt branch is located next to the Hotel check in desk near the Lobby. Welcome!

I think that information is pretty clear cut, however I won't be renting until November.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.