FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Sixt | Sixt Card (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sixt-sixt-card-690/)
-   -   Sixt not crediting partner miles? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/sixt-sixt-card/1517106-sixt-not-crediting-partner-miles.html)

vidrineb Oct 30, 2013 8:01 am

Sixt not crediting partner miles?

I recently rented a car for from Sixt while I was in London for a week. My decision for going with a Sixt rental was that of all the Emirates Skywards partners for rental cars they awarded the most miles. So I went with them. Reserved a car and everything over they internet with their Luxury car location at LHR. Upon arriving and picking up my car I told the guy that I wanted to give him my Emirates Skywards number so that I could get miles for my rental. He informed me that awards points are new to them and that they wouldn't be giving me any because they "haven't started doing that yet" I then pointed out the sign on his wall that he was standing no more than 2 feet away from that showed a list of all their partners they award points to and pointed out that Emirates was plainly there. He again repeated the points are new to them so he wouldn't be doing it. I asked him once they sorted it out would I be able to retroactively get awarded the miles and he had no idea what I was talking about.

Is this true? Does Sixt not award they points due to it being "new" to them or was the guy that I dealt with just clueless. Is there anyway I could retroactively get the 2000 EK miles credited to me as I still have all the paperwork and rental agreement?

Thanks in advance,
Brandon

TomGammon Oct 31, 2013 3:12 am

Originally Posted by vidrineb (Post 21694285)
I recently rented a car for from Sixt while I was in London for a week. My decision for going with a Sixt rental was that of all the Emirates Skywards partners for rental cars they awarded the most miles. So I went with them. Reserved a car and everything over they internet with their Luxury car location at LHR. Upon arriving and picking up my car I told the guy that I wanted to give him my Emirates Skywards number so that I could get miles for my rental. He informed me that awards points are new to them and that they wouldn't be giving me any because they "haven't started doing that yet" I then pointed out the sign on his wall that he was standing no more than 2 feet away from that showed a list of all their partners they award points to and pointed out that Emirates was plainly there. He again repeated the points are new to them so he wouldn't be doing it. I asked him once they sorted it out would I be able to retroactively get awarded the miles and he had no idea what I was talking about.

Is this true? Does Sixt not award they points due to it being "new" to them or was the guy that I dealt with just clueless. Is there anyway I could retroactively get the 2000 EK miles credited to me as I still have all the paperwork and rental agreement?

Thanks in advance,
Brandon

Hi vidrineb,

Thanks for your post.

Feel free to send me a private message with the rental details. I would be more than happy to look into getting those miles credited for you.

Many thanks,

Tom

vidrineb Oct 31, 2013 4:05 am

Thank you Tom!

vidrineb Nov 6, 2013 2:14 am

Got a response from Sixt for anyone who was curious of the outcome. Here is the reason for no miles!

Dear Mr Vidrine,

Thank you for your e-mail and please accept my apologies for the delay in response.

I understand that you have been querying why your Air Miles points cannot be linked to your recent rental from Sixt Luxury in Bayswater. Unfortunately Sixt Luxury are not linked to this reward scheme and you can only claim them if you book through Sixt direct. I appreciate this is very frustrating as your rental was of a high amount but as Sixt Luxury is a franchise of Sixt, we cannot link these together. Sixt Luxury are currently in the process of putting measures in place to offer this, however this is not complete at this time. Therefore we apologise if there was any confusion caused at the time of collection at the branch.

We would like to offer you an upgrade voucher for use on a future hire with Sixt as a goodwill gesture for your recent experiences. The voucher can be used up to 12 months from the date of issue and can be redeemed at all Sixt branches in Germany, Austria, France, Belgium, Switzerland and the Netherlands. In addition it can be used in the UK, Spain, and our USA locations.

If you would like to accept the voucher, please respond as soon as possible with your full name and postal address.

I am sorry that I am unable to reply more in accordance to your wishes on this occasion and I look forward to your response.

Best regards

Volasia Oct 13, 2016 2:47 am

Sixt advise on their t&c that not all bookings can receive miles but no information is given whatsoever as to which booking can and which cannot. Is there any way to know before booking the car?

demue Oct 24, 2016 11:50 pm

I have also found some rates post for some airlines like LH, but not for others like SQ. Don't ask me what the pattern is here though :).

HHQX888 Nov 1, 2016 2:58 pm

Not only to Emirates, but I never have points to SPG from Sixt.

seawolf Nov 8, 2016 11:31 am

Corporate rates earn no points. Other than that I had no problems with miles posting to SPG.

HHQX888 Nov 16, 2016 4:40 pm

No I don't use corporate rates, but simply problem is that webform don't accept my SPG number.

seawolf Nov 16, 2016 7:40 pm

Originally Posted by HHQX888 (Post 27490138)
No I don't use corporate rates, but simply problem is that webform don't accept my SPG number.

You need to put a letter in front the the SPG number. Pnnnnnnnn (for SPG Platinum). G for SPG Gold. Not sure what the letter is for no SPG status or if the letter even matters in terms of crediting. Bottom line is a letter is needed as a prefix for sixt.com to accept the SPG number.

Sarmad Shahbaz Bughio Aug 8, 2017 2:16 pm

Same thing happened to me and I have not received my emirates skywards miles for my car rental from Sixt on July 26 , 2017 from Shepherd's Bush branch of Sixt in London . Here are the details :

Sixt reservation no: XXXXXXXXXX
skywards no: EK XXX XXX XXX

Kindly do the needful

Regards
Sarmad shahbaz bughio

Originally Posted by vidrineb (Post 21699682)
Thank you Tom!

FLYMSY Aug 8, 2017 2:33 pm

Originally Posted by Sarmad Shahbaz Bughio (Post 28664313)
Same thing happened to me and I have not received my emirates skywards miles for my car rental from Sixt on July 26 , 2017 from Shepherd's Bush branch of Sixt in London . Here are the details :

Sixt reservation no: xxxxxxxxxxxx
skywards no: xxxxxxxxxxx

Kindly do the needful

Regards
Sarmad shahbaz bughio

You should remove your real name, reservation # and Skywards # as soon as possible. It is not wise to post personal information in an internet forum.

(Edit: I removed OP's info from my quoted post.)