Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Sixt | Sixt Card
Reload this Page >

Anyone used SIXT car rental at MIA? [merged]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Anyone used SIXT car rental at MIA? [merged]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 14, 2012, 1:53 pm

Originally Posted by mtbmtb01
i was going to list my wife as a second driver, but they want an additional $10/day so i passed. she didn't reall want to drive anyway.
AFAIK, spouses do not need to be listed as additional drivers. They are automatically eligible to drive without paying any additional fee. I am surprised you were given that information.
Old Jun 18, 2012, 5:25 am

where do you take your information from, satish_ny?
Old Jun 18, 2012, 7:14 am

Originally Posted by sixtisbest
where do you take your information from, satish_ny?
Its been the policy at all the US rental companies I have ever done business with: Avis, Hertz, Budget, National, Alamo. There is never an additional driver fee for spouses or co-workers. I have rented cars from all of these for more than 40 years. I was assuming that this is the norm for car rental in the US. I would be very surprised if Sixt wants to nickle and dime unsuspecting customers with an Additional Driver Fee for spouses.
Old Jun 19, 2012, 9:14 am

I just wanted to know, if this is written somewhere.

the Sixt system does not allow to enter a second driver without charge.
therefore I would be very interested how this should work in US not to charge for the spouse

so, if you give this kind of information you should not draw on experience of other rental companies regardless of how much experience you may have.

obviously the information given to mtbmt01 is correct

Last edited by sixtisbest; Jun 19, 2012 at 9:29 am
Old Jun 25, 2012, 8:08 am

Originally Posted by sixtisbest
obviously the information given to mtbmt01 is correct
How did you make that determination? Spouses do not need to be listed as additional drivers. You seem to be very opinionated about what I should say or not say, but have no qualms about making illogical deductions?
Old Jun 25, 2012, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by satish_ny
Spouses do not need to be listed as additional drivers.
satish_ny: Thanks for this info. We do a lot of FLL renting for business. We will be omitting co-workers and spouses from records based on your assurance they will be covered as additional insureds in the case of accidents.

As you know this is a valuable and very important point (if a spouse was not covered the liability can be large) and you will be saving us lots of money. I will refer other people to your post as well. We historically have used National (emerald card program) for this benefit, but this makes it even easier.
Old Jun 26, 2012, 3:01 am

How did you make that determination? Spouses do not need to be listed as additional drivers. You seem to be very opinionated about what I should say or not say, but have no qualms about making illogical deductions?
it is called knowledge.

your statement is an assumption.

therefore my statement is not illogical.

but flyer555 explained it enough already, I think.
Old Jul 12, 2012, 7:21 am
Suspended

Programs: Choice Gold, Hilton Diamond, US CP
Its been the policy at all the US rental companies I have ever done business with: Avis, Hertz, Budget, National, Alamo. There is never an additional driver fee for spouses or co-workers. I have rented cars from all of these for more than 40 years. I was assuming that this is the norm for car rental in the US. I would be very surprised if Sixt wants to nickle and dime unsuspecting customers with an Additional Driver Fee for spouses.
Just because thats how other companies do it, does not mean thats how Sixt does it. In fact Sixt is different. With coworkers, unless its a corporate reservation, the coworkers need to be added. And not including corporate reservations, all additional drivers need to be named on the rental. This is straight from Sixt's terms and conditions of rental.

So again, experience from another company does not qualify one to make determinations about the policies of a different company.

Originally Posted by flyer555
satish_ny: Thanks for this info. We do a lot of FLL renting for business. We will be omitting co-workers and spouses from records based on your assurance they will be covered as additional insureds in the case of accidents.

As you know this is a valuable and very important point (if a spouse was not covered the liability can be large) and you will be saving us lots of money. I will refer other people to your post as well. We historically have used National (emerald card program) for this benefit, but this makes it even easier.
Dont make decisions based on inaccurate information from somebody that has already stated their statment is from experience at other companies not Sixt.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 3:40 pm

Programs: delta
orbitz vs SIXT on line

LDW on orbitz is $9 a day vx SIXT being $17... anyone book on Orbitz and not have the LDW honored by the company??

FLL for 11 days it all adds up...

Thanks
Old Jul 20, 2012, 9:30 pm

I was told during a January rental that there would be an additional
charge by Sixt for a 2nd driver (spouse). The rate was still lower
than Hertz.
Old Aug 17, 2012, 1:25 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, USDM Gold, National Exec Elite, IHG Dumped-now Kettle, SPG Platinum
Do they really hold $2500 for a PCAR at Sixt? The reservation is only $300.
Old Aug 18, 2012, 8:13 pm

Programs: BA Gold, AA Lifetime Gold 1.8mm, IC Spire Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold et al
Originally Posted by LNv22
I'm going to hire a car in Miami for about 10 days i july - august this year.

My primary wish is an BMW X5 or an Mercedes M. I can see that these cars are in the XFAR class on Sixt's webpage.

My question is: What are my chances in ending up with one of those cars, and not an Cadillac Escalade, that is also in the XFAR class?

Thanks in advance for any advice.
I had the same concern and asked my agent to check the position. Their reply is as follows:

"If we can guarantee a car type it will show only that car in the category if it shows the car plus as below a mention the vehicle may be similar then the supplier doesn't guarantee the make and model in the in the picture. We can of course always make a request for the customer but this is not always guaranteed. I hope this helps."

I'm hearing lots of examples of renters NOT getting the car they want and, for me at least, the whole purpose of using SIXT is to get something not available elsewhere. That and this deposit policy has very much put me off using them.
Old Aug 19, 2012, 2:54 am

Diamond Recognition

Hello all,

are there any experiences with Sixt Diamond Card recognition? Do they give upgrades in MIA?
Old Aug 19, 2012, 11:59 am

Programs: SIXT Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Hilton Honors Gold,
Hi!

Yes they give upgrades. I booked a 3 series last year and received an XC90. Had the option to choose a Jaguar F Type instead. The Volvo was listed in the same categorie as a BMW X5.

Sven
Old Aug 22, 2012, 2:19 am

Originally Posted by Canaan
Hi!

Yes they give upgrades. I booked a 3 series last year and received an XC90. Had the option to choose a Jaguar F Type instead. The Volvo was listed in the same categorie as a BMW X5.

Sven
Thank you Sven! ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.