Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Car Rental Programs and Ride Services > Sixt | Sixt Card
Reload this Page >

Anyone used SIXT car rental at MIA? [merged]

Anyone used SIXT car rental at MIA? [merged]

Old Dec 21, 2011, 2:00 am
Company Representative - Sixt

Programs: www.sixtblog.co.uk; http://www.facebook.com/sixtrentacaruk
Originally Posted by obsyow
I had the same experience with Sixt at MIA. Great base price but had to pay $7 per day for tolls as many tolls are no cash (many other car rental companies also charge this). I returned the car with the fuel showing full. The attendant did not give me a receipt. I was charged for fueling. Customer service quickly sent me a copy of the invoice but ignored me when I asked for a refund for the fuel charge.
Please send me the details [email protected] and I'll look into this for you.

Gary - Customer Service Team
Old Dec 24, 2011, 7:34 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Gary Coughlan

Well, I am trying to be proactive about this but I have yet to hear from you.

NJ
Old Dec 24, 2011, 11:29 am

Programs: AP, AM
Originally Posted by Gary Coughlan

Thanks Gary - will send an e-mail. No idea why someone else responded (in a negative way) to your offer to help??

Bernie
Old Jan 4, 2012, 12:23 am

Originally Posted by docbert
Anyone else had any experience with Sixt at MIA?

Their prices seem good, but I'm seeing multiple reports of people being overcharged for fuel, as well as some conflicting reports over SunPass charges.
Docbert, you can be sure to receive a great welcome, car and service and perhaps even better a great price :-)

I will be happy to clarify the sunpass policy, what is your question?

Regarding fuel, we always do our best to minimise errors but of course they will happen. When you see such posts or internet reports, please do me and the poster a favour and ask them to contact me directly [email protected] I will take care to rectify any mistakes we made.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Old Jan 4, 2012, 4:09 pm

Location: AC Million Miler & long time SE; StarwoodPlat for 10+ yrs & lifetime Gold; Hilton Honours Diamond; IC Ambassador; AMEX Plat;Avis Presidents Club; Airmiles GOLD; and just about everything else!
Programs: aeroplan & 25+year loyalty
I had a great experience at half the Avis cost out of MIA. I highly recommend Sixt.

My only criticism is I was told I would be sent a Sixt membership card and so far (now 2 months) nothing has arrived in my mail. I wish they would send it to me as I will now use them whenever I can but the locations in N.A. are limited but will grow.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 7:20 am

Originally Posted by 100,000miler
I had a great experience at half the Avis cost out of MIA. I highly recommend Sixt.

My only criticism is I was told I would be sent a Sixt membership card and so far (now 2 months) nothing has arrived in my mail. I wish they would send it to me as I will now use them whenever I can but the locations in N.A. are limited but will grow.
Glad you enjoyed your rental with us.

Could I ask you to complete the online registration

https://www.sixt.co.uk/php/cards/

You will receive a Sixt Express Card membership number on completion. Please forward the membership number to me with the details of your preferred Sixt partner program. Depending on your status chosen, I will upgrade your account.

My e-mail address is [email protected]

I look forward to hearing from you.

Gary - Sixt Customer Service Team
Old Jan 6, 2012, 7:17 am

I'm glad to hear so many positive replies to Sixt in MIA. I booked with them last night for a week in April . They were way cheaper than Alamo,who I normally use. Alamo wanted $105!! a day for an Chevy Aveo or similar!!!!!! Sixt was only $36 a day for the same class of car!! I travel alone and have nothing to prove ,so I always get the smallest car-they're best on gas,too.
I filled out my drivers license info ahead of time,so things should go quick there.

Last edited by United_727; Jan 6, 2012 at 8:57 am
Old Jan 6, 2012, 7:22 am
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
I have not seen a car as small as a Chevy Aveo in the parking lot of Sixt at MIA, it is entirely possible that they don't actually have any.

I had two rentals for a Chevy Aveo or similar in October and both times they gave me a much larger Ford, I forget what it was called but I posted it in the Sixt upgrades thread.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 7:34 am

Originally Posted by JohnnyColombia
I have not seen a car as small as a Chevy Aveo in the parking lot of Sixt at MIA, it is entirely possible that they don't actually have any.

I had two rentals for a Chevy Aveo or similar in October and both times they gave me a much larger Ford, I forget what it was called but I posted it in the Sixt upgrades thread.
I think it was a Hyundai Accent or similar. I was ,however,shocked at how much Alamo wanted.
Old Jan 6, 2012, 7:36 am
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by United_727
I think it was a Hyundai Accent or similar. I was ,however,shocked at how much Alamo wanted.
Yes that's right, I still have never seen one there
Old Jan 9, 2012, 8:00 am

Car model

Hi everybody,

Last time I booked Sixt in MIA I get a Ford Flex instead of an Intermediate, for free. it was a pleasure. Very nice staff and very good prices. Sixt is my favorite car rental company.

Anyway, I'm going to rent a car in MIA in February and I wonder if someone know the difference between class Ford Mustang GT, Convertibles (FTAR) and class Ford Mustang, Convertibles (STAR) ? The second one is more expensive, but I don't know why.

I know it is not always the model you ask that you get, but I really want either a Mustang, either a Dodge Charger. How to be sure of that ?

Thanks
Old Jan 10, 2012, 6:32 am

Originally Posted by obsyow
Thanks Gary - will send an e-mail. No idea why someone else responded (in a negative way) to your offer to help??

Bernie
Hi Bernie,

You may have received a blank e-mail from me yesterday...senior moment!!

I credited the fuel charge yesterday, the refund will show in your account in approximately 5-7 working days.

Sorry for the inconvenience, let me know if you need anything else.

Old Jan 10, 2012, 4:51 pm

Originally Posted by flystef
Hi everybody,

Last time I booked Sixt in MIA I get a Ford Flex instead of an Intermediate, for free. it was a pleasure. Very nice staff and very good prices. Sixt is my favorite car rental company.

Anyway, I'm going to rent a car in MIA in February and I wonder if someone know the difference between class Ford Mustang GT, Convertibles (FTAR) and class Ford Mustang, Convertibles (STAR) ? The second one is more expensive, but I don't know why.

I know it is not always the model you ask that you get, but I really want either a Mustang, either a Dodge Charger. How to be sure of that ?

Thanks
i would think the star is the standard 6 cyclinder model and the gt has the v-8, seems like this one should be higher and is on the qoutes i have. they state you options are mustang convertible , camaro convertible or chrysler 200 convertible
Old Jan 11, 2012, 12:57 pm

Out of curiosity,how does the FL Sunpass work with Sixt? I did not see them listed on Sunpass' website.
Old Jan 11, 2012, 6:56 pm

Programs: AP, AM
Originally Posted by United_727
Out of curiosity,how does the FL Sunpass work with Sixt? I did not see them listed on Sunpass' website.
In November/11 was $6.99 per day for unlimited use.

Many thanks Gary for crediting the fuel amount.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.