Sixt - Any Questions?

Old Mar 20, 2011, 6:08 pm

Programs: S.E, Preferred Select, SPG Platinum
I'm about to make a reservation for 4 days in Paris. I am a Canadian and just wanted to confirm I can rent with my Canadian drivers license in France?

Additionally is 115 EURO's a decent rate for 4 day rental i.e. June 5-8?

Appreciate any of your comments.
Old Mar 21, 2011, 3:30 am
Company Representative - Sixt

Originally Posted by thomas199023
Very interesting to know, I have always thought Hertz was the only company renting to people under 21 in Europe. (Hertz Student)
Perhaps it would be a good idea to state this better on your website to gain more under 21 clients.

Could you perhaps also check what the minimum age is to rent in Italy?
I will turn 21 next month, but its still interesting to know.
Is there also a underage driver fee in Italy and Germany, and could you tell me how much it is?

I do have a Sixt Platinum card, thanks!

Thomas

Hello Thomas,
Thank you for your feedback and I will forward it to our IT-Team.

The minimum age in Italy is 21 years and the driver has to be in possession of a valid driving license for at least 1 year with no young driver surcharge.

The young driver surcharge in Germany is EUR 10.- per day, max. EUR 50.- per month started applies for drivers under 23 years.

I hope this information is helpful.

Many Thanks
Best Regards

Sabine
Old Mar 21, 2011, 1:35 pm

Programs: AA, Continental, Virgin, Southwest
Originally Posted by Sabine Blasig
Hello Thomas,
The minimum age in Italy is 21 years and the driver has to be in possession of a valid driving license for at least 1 year with no young driver surcharge.
Any driver's license from any country counts? I have been driving for 11 years on a U.S. State of Texas issued drivers license, or does it have to be a UK based drivers license?
Old Mar 21, 2011, 7:49 pm

Dunno much so I'm asking, so please be understanding

Is Sixt based in or around Frankfurt Main Airport as I'd like to visit their fleet as long as they're not too far? Since the best vehicle group I can hire is (LDAR) due to age what would my chances of getting a 5 series GT be and what engine options do they have? My preference would be 535d and I can't exactly get any upgrade as that would go against their T&C's so anything else would feel like a downgrade, right? Besides the GT what other vehicles are available at LDAR Sixt Frankfurt? Would it be better to pay before flying over there, or just go straight to Sixt and choose the car there and then. Also crossing borders how much would I look at paying?

Thanks for your time
Old Mar 22, 2011, 4:09 am

Originally Posted by 1st Class Gekko
I'm about to make a reservation for 4 days in Paris. I am a Canadian and just wanted to confirm I can rent with my Canadian drivers license in France?

Additionally is 115 EURO's a decent rate for 4 day rental i.e. June 5-8?

Appreciate any of your comments.
Hi 1st class Gekko

My names Adam and I'm the reservations manager for Sixt in the UK

A Canadian license will be fine for hiring in France

If you would like some assistance in booking a vehicle, Please feel free to email me the details of your rental needs and I will be happy to get you are best possible price and provide any further information you may require

Please email to [email protected]

Look forward to hearing from you

Adam
Old Mar 22, 2011, 4:12 am

Originally Posted by Minter66
Any driver's license from any country counts? I have been driving for 11 years on a U.S. State of Texas issued drivers license, or does it have to be a UK based drivers license?
Hi Minter66,
as US citizen you are able to rent in Italy, as it is in English. However if the driving license is written in a different language, you have to present it in combination with your international license at start of rental.

I also attached a link, where you can see the rental guide information's for all countries.

http://www.sixt.co.uk/rental-service...l-information/

Many Thanks
Sabine
Old Mar 22, 2011, 4:49 am

Originally Posted by PraxxtorCruel
Dunno much so I'm asking, so please be understanding

Is Sixt based in or around Frankfurt Main Airport as I'd like to visit their fleet as long as they're not too far? Since the best vehicle group I can hire is (LDAR) due to age what would my chances of getting a 5 series GT be and what engine options do they have? My preference would be 535d and I can't exactly get any upgrade as that would go against their T&C's so anything else would feel like a downgrade, right? Besides the GT what other vehicles are available at LDAR Sixt Frankfurt? Would it be better to pay before flying over there, or just go straight to Sixt and choose the car there and then. Also crossing borders how much would I look at paying?

Thanks for your time

Hi PraxxtorCruel,
Frankfurt Main Airport Branch is located in Terminal 1 and 2 and you would collect the vehicle from Rental car parking area which is within a short walking distance.

I would suggest that you book in advance as it will be cheaper. You have two option at time of booking. You can choose the pre paid option, which would be cheaper but any changes to the booking will incur an amendment fee. If you need to cancel the booking then a cancellation fee is applicable.

The other option is the Flexi tariff is a bit more expensive but any changes or cancellations will be free of charge.

Unfortunately we are unable to guarantee make and model, but we could make a note in the booking with your preferences. Please be aware that certain vehicle can not cross border to certain countries. Please find this information below.

If you would like to take the vehicle cross border but to return to Frankfurt Airport, then the following rules apply:

Cross Border Rentals & Territorial Restrictions
Cross Border Rentals are allowed to the following countries:
Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Finland, France, Great Britain, Ireland, Italy, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, San Marino, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Vatikan City.

Cross Border Rentals are allowed to the following countries but not with Audi, BMW, Mercedes-Benz, VW, Porsche, Jaguar and all Jeeps/Offroader:
Croatia, Czech Republic, Estonia, Hungary, Latvia, Lithuania, Poland, Slovakia, Slovenia.

It is allowed to enter the last-mentioned countries with all vehicles of car groups IVMR, SVMR and FVMR (including Mercedes-Benz B class, Mercedes-Benz Vito, Mercedes-Benz Viano) and vans

In case of offence against Cross Border & Territorial Restrictions all insurances lose their validity.

If you wish to take the vehicle one way then a fee is applicable, which depends where the vehicle is returned to.

I hope this information is helpful.
Many Thanks
Best Regards
Sabine
Old Mar 22, 2011, 6:05 am

Thanks for the kind reply, I really appreciate it. A few more questions coming your way . So with the flexi tariff I can cancel or change my booking as many times as I like? Okay so about the border crossing, how much would I look at paying each time? One way vehicle rentals are way too expensive . Hmm that's a disappointment, so it seems the LDAR class has 1-2 5 series GT and then anything similar comes from a class lower such as the 320d, 523. Sabine would you know or be able to tell what other vehicles they have in the LDAR group of vehicles. Oh and sixt says 'unlimited kilometres' is this truly unlimited?

Thanking you in advance
Old Mar 22, 2011, 7:10 am

Thanks for the kind reply, I really appreciate it. A few more questions coming your way . So with the flexi tariff I can cancel or change my booking as many times as I like? Okay so about the border crossing, how much would I look at paying each time? One way vehicle rentals are way too expensive . Hmm that's a disappointment, so it seems the LDAR class has 1-2 5 series GT and then anything similar comes from a class lower such as the 320d, 523. Sabine would you know or be able to tell what other vehicles they have in the LDAR group of vehicles. Oh and sixt says 'unlimited kilometres' is this truly unlimited?

Thanking you in advance
Hello,
yes you can change your booking as often as you wish.
In Germany you will not be charged to take the vehicle across the border.

I contacted the branch regarding the vehicle they could supply and as soon that I have a response, I will let you know.
Please could you advise into which countries you would like to take the vehicle as BMW are not allowed to be taken into certain countries.

Some quotes have limited mileage and some have unlimited mileage. The unlimited mileage may not apply if the rental is extended to a long term rental.

Many Thanks
Best Regards
Sabine
Old Mar 22, 2011, 7:53 am

Hello,
yes you can change your booking as often as you wish.
In Germany you will not be charged to take the vehicle across the border.

I contacted the branch regarding the vehicle they could supply and as soon that I have a response, I will let you know.
Please could you advise into which countries you would like to take the vehicle as BMW are not allowed to be taken into certain countries.

Some quotes have limited mileage and some have unlimited mileage. The unlimited mileage may not apply if the rental is extended to a long term rental.

Many Thanks
Best Regards
Sabine
Hi again,

Thanks for doing that Sabine, I'd like to take the car to Norway, which does seem possible from what you posted earlier, just to confirm I will not incur any cross border charges?

Thank you
Old Mar 22, 2011, 10:41 am

Hi again,

Thanks for doing that Sabine, I'd like to take the car to Norway, which does seem possible from what you posted earlier, just to confirm I will not incur any cross border charges?

Thank you
Hello,
unfortunately we have no BMW 5 series GT on fleet, but we have BMW 5 series i and d if this helps.

If the is collected and returned to the same location, then no extra cost will incur if you take the vehicle to Norway.

Best Regards
Sabine
Old Mar 22, 2011, 11:22 am

Hello,
unfortunately we have no BMW 5 series GT on fleet, but we have BMW 5 series i and d if this helps.

If the is collected and returned to the same location, then no extra cost will incur if you take the vehicle to Norway.

Best Regards
Sabine
Aww that's a shame, would that be because they are on loan or just none at all? So there are the standard 5 series, may I ask what engine options they have (535, 520 etc) if you managed to ask or know? Oh and is it only Bmw's they have in the LDAR group?

Thanks for going through all of this,

Have a good evening

Last edited by PraxxtorCruel; Mar 22, 2011 at 1:14 pm
Old Mar 22, 2011, 9:27 pm

I have rented Sixt LDAR a few times, from what I understand, LDAR is a 6 cylinder group, where the "P" cars are 4 cylinder. I don't know what is in stock at the FRA location, but chances are you'd get a 5er or E, I know now and then Jag XF or A6 would also be in this group, but I don't know if they are in the fleet anymore. You might also get a wagon - my last LDAR was technically LWAR - 5er Touring (not available in North America anymore). Diesel LDAR should be 525/530d, or if you are lucky 535d, gas would likely be 528i, 535i might exist but would be rare.

My first LDAR rental was lucky, and I was upgraded to XDAR 7er - I hope to do that again.

Aww that's a shame, would that be because they are on loan or just none at all? So there are the standard 5 series, may I ask what engine options they have (535, 520 etc) if you managed to ask or know? Oh and is it only Bmw's they have in the LDAR group?

Have a good evening
Old Mar 23, 2011, 4:17 am

Have a good evening
Hello
I just been in touch with the Branch Manager and that we have mainly BMW 5series on fleet and only a few Audi A6 2.7 and A6 3.0.
We have following BMW 5 series on fleet 525d,528i,530d and 535d. The most powerful car is the BMW 535d, but we can not guarantee that you will receive this specific model.

Best Regards
Sabine
Old Mar 23, 2011, 6:17 am

Originally Posted by ww88ww
I have rented Sixt LDAR a few times, from what I understand, LDAR is a 6 cylinder group, where the "P" cars are 4 cylinder. I don't know what is in stock at the FRA location, but chances are you'd get a 5er or E, I know now and then Jag XF or A6 would also be in this group, but I don't know if they are in the fleet anymore. You might also get a wagon - my last LDAR was technically LWAR - 5er Touring (not available in North America anymore). Diesel LDAR should be 525/530d, or if you are lucky 535d, gas would likely be 528i, 535i might exist but would be rare.

My first LDAR rental was lucky, and I was upgraded to XDAR 7er - I hope to do that again.
Ah I see, thanks for the input, I just love the look of the new BMW's the 2010 onwards where the brake lights look like they have illuminated water tubes or something. Would I be able to ask for an upgrade, despite my age? (21) been driving for 2 years. Because LDAR is the highest class I can hire.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.