Sixt - Any Questions?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11, 2011, 8:50 am
Company Representative - Sixt
Original Poster

Programs: www.sixtblog.co.uk; http://www.facebook.com/sixtrentacaruk
Originally Posted by irrawaddy
Hi Gary!

What would be the typical credit card authorization hold / deposit when picking up a prepaid rental?
For post-paid reservations T&C mention up to 3x of the estimated rental charges; however, I've only seen 2x in Germany and Switzerland.

Thanks!
I will check and let you know.

Last edited by Gary Coughlan; Jan 11, 2011 at 10:01 am
Old Jan 13, 2011, 11:17 am

Programs: *W Plat, Hyatt PLT,PC RA Plat, Virgin Gld, CO Gld, DL Gld, HH Diam, KL Gld
I will be renting in MXP soon and want to rent with sixt I signed up for platinum account from the link that matches from other statuses I was sent a regular card though I was wondering if there was a way to make sure the match goes thru?
Old Jan 14, 2011, 2:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by irrawaddy
Hi Gary!

What would be the typical credit card authorization hold / deposit when picking up a prepaid rental?
For post-paid reservations T&C mention up to 3x of the estimated rental charges; however, I've only seen 2x in Germany and Switzerland.

Thanks!
Upon making a pre paid reservation we automatically make an approval request for the sum of the estimated price of the rental. If the approval fails then no reservation confirmation is sent and no reservation is made.

Within 24 hours the amount is charged from the credit card.

The automated second approval takes place upon collection of the vehicle, and covers additional extra, reservations extensions and security deposits. This amount can also be affected by vehicle group booked.

If there are no extras due then in some cases a minimum security of 150 Euros will be obtained.

I hope this answers your question, please feel free to contact me if you require any further information.

Best regards
Gary
Old Jan 14, 2011, 2:39 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by eykramer
I will be renting in MXP soon and want to rent with sixt I signed up for platinum account from the link that matches from other statuses I was sent a regular card though I was wondering if there was a way to make sure the match goes thru?
Please can you forward the details and your Sixt Express Card Number to [email protected]
Old Jan 14, 2011, 2:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by eykramer
Don't worry, as you won't be getting any upgrade in Italy whatsoever anyway.
Most of the stations in Italy are franchises and they don't give a hoot about the Sixt status cards.
Even as a Diamond member I have never received any upgrade whatsoever in Italy. You get what you pay for (if you're lucky).
Old Jan 14, 2011, 3:19 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Rambuster
Don't worry, as you won't be getting any upgrade in Italy whatsoever anyway.
Most of the stations in Italy are franchises and they don't give a hoot about the Sixt status cards.
Even as a Diamond member I have never received any upgrade whatsoever in Italy. You get what you pay for (if you're lucky).
Dear Rambuster,

This should not be your experience, upgrades are always subject to availability the chances of an upgrade can be adversely affected in the peak holiday season, but it should not be the case that you never receive an upgrade.

Could you forward your Express Card number to me and I will check your previous rentals in Italy with Per Voegerl, the Commercial Director in the U.K. We will speak together with the International Franchise Manager responsible for Italy and the Franchisee in Italy to discuss your feedback with them. My e-mail address is [email protected]

Best regards
Gary
Old Jan 16, 2011, 9:36 am

Programs: BA GGL; SPG Plat; HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Gary Coughlan
Hi,

Would you mind forwarding your reservation number to [email protected]

Best regards
Gary
Well done Gary! Thank you for the attention
Old Jan 19, 2011, 6:24 am

Programs: LY Plat, BMI DC Gold, VS Gold, Hertz #1 Club Gold, Sixt Plat
So do all Sixt stations respect status cards, or are there some that don't?
I was just in TLV, and went into the Sixt local office to enquire about a rental. Presented my Plat card, and was told 'we dont recognise them - it'll be the standard rental rate for you'...not something that I was thinking I would hear...
Old Jan 19, 2011, 9:20 am

Programs: AC SE, HH Gold, Marriott Titanium, National EE, Sixt Platinum, Hertz PC, AVIS PC
Prepaid Cut Off?

Hi Gary

I've been watching rates for a while and was planning on making a prepaid reservation to take advantage of the discount. Today is Wednesday, and I want to make the reservation for Friday, but the prepaid option is no longer available. Is there a cutoff time?

Thanks!
Ron.
Old Jan 19, 2011, 10:19 am

Originally Posted by newfbc
Hi Gary

I've been watching rates for a while and was planning on making a prepaid reservation to take advantage of the discount. Today is Wednesday, and I want to make the reservation for Friday, but the prepaid option is no longer available. Is there a cutoff time?

Thanks!
Ron.
Hi Newfbc

My names Adam and Im the reservations manager for Sixt in the UK

If you would like some help in booking your hire, Please feel free to email myself and I will be more than happy to assist

Please send the details to [email protected]

Many thanks
Old Jan 19, 2011, 2:53 pm
ixs

Programs: Many
Two questions

hi,

I do have two questions:

1. What is the Sixt policy on promotional upgrades when already having status? Say I am travelling with a Platinum Card which gives me one upgrade when available. Now I am renting at a location which has a promotion running. Say every car picked up on the weekend means a free upgrade. Or every car picked up through the online check-in receives a free class upgrade? What does this mean for me? Two class upgrade?

2. What is the validity of a gifted Platinum Card? I mainly fly and rarely take a car. Due to my airline status (AF/KLM Platinum) however I am the owner of a Sixt Platinum Card. Thanks to that gifted card and the benefits coming with it, I am feeling loyal enough to Sixt so that I am using it the 8 times a year I actually get a rental car. It is my understanding that this is actually less than the needed threshold of 20 rentals a year to keep the card.
What does one do in my position once the card runs out? Do I apply for a new one as I am still AF/KLM Platinum? Will it never expire for me? Am I out of luck and just go somewhere else?

Thanks Gary and team for answering these questions.

cheers,
andreas
Old Jan 20, 2011, 1:02 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by ixs
hi,

I do have two questions:

1. What is the Sixt policy on promotional upgrades when already having status? Say I am travelling with a Platinum Card which gives me one upgrade when available. Now I am renting at a location which has a promotion running. Say every car picked up on the weekend means a free upgrade. Or every car picked up through the online check-in receives a free class upgrade? What does this mean for me? Two class upgrade?

2. What is the validity of a gifted Platinum Card? I mainly fly and rarely take a car. Due to my airline status (AF/KLM Platinum) however I am the owner of a Sixt Platinum Card. Thanks to that gifted card and the benefits coming with it, I am feeling loyal enough to Sixt so that I am using it the 8 times a year I actually get a rental car. It is my understanding that this is actually less than the needed threshold of 20 rentals a year to keep the card.
What does one do in my position once the card runs out? Do I apply for a new one as I am still AF/KLM Platinum? Will it never expire for me? Am I out of luck and just go somewhere else?

Thanks Gary and team for answering these questions.

cheers,
andreas
Hi Andreas,

It is very rare that we work with promotional upgrades here in the U.K. would you mind letting me know which branch this offer is currently valid for and I will contact the Branch Manager to confirm the handling for Platinum status customers.

Sixt reflects your status with you airline regardless of the number of rentals that you have with Sixt. You will remain a Sixt Platinum Card Customer for as long as there is a Partnership with your Airline.

My e-mail address is [email protected] or simply post the information here on the forum.

Best regards
Gary
Old Jan 20, 2011, 11:52 am
ixs

Programs: Many
Originally Posted by Gary Coughlan
It is very rare that we work with promotional upgrades here in the U.K. would you mind letting me know which branch this offer is currently valid for and I will contact the Branch Manager to confirm the handling for Platinum status customers.
The specific promotion is the Hamburg Airport rental station on the 21st of April.

The promotion flyer is at http://filepile.dicp.de/HamburgFlughafen.pdf.

Sixt reflects your status with you airline regardless of the number of rentals that you have with Sixt. You will remain a Sixt Platinum Card Customer for as long as there is a Partnership with your Airline.
That is great to hear. Thank you very much for clearing that up.

cheers,
andreas
Old Jan 21, 2011, 3:25 pm

Very curious to see what car I will really get if I book the BMW 1-er class in Paris (Montparnasse) in mid-March...anyone have experience with that location?
Old Jan 25, 2011, 1:51 pm

Programs: no status
Hi Gary,

I am ususally renting with Hertz when in Europe but am considering switching to Sixt; however, would be reluctant to do so without status. I have Elite status with Air Canada Aeroplan which is not currently partnered with Sixt so am not able to sign up for a Platinum card, and I am wondering if there is another way to get status match for Aeroplan.

Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.