Wiki Posts
Search

Sixt - Any Questions?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11, 2011, 10:28 am
Company Representative - Sixt

Originally Posted by kellieh1
Hi Gary

Thanks for putting yourself out there and receiving all these questions.
I want to rent a car for a month at Frankfurt Airport and have a lot of questions.
I can find a site anywhere for english.
Can you provide me with an email of the Frankfurt Office so I can email them with all the specifics?

Thanks

Kellie from Canada

QUOTE=Gary Coughlan;14333337]Hi,

I'm Gary Coughlan, I am the Customer Service Manager for Sixt in the U.K.

If anybody has any questions I will do my best to provide an answer.
[/QUOTE]

Hello,
the e-mail address from Frankfurt Airport is [email protected] and telephone number is 0049 69-6970070

Best Regards
Sabine
Old Mar 11, 2011, 12:32 pm

Sabine,

Thank you / Danke. I've sent them an email. I hope they don't find me too troublesome.
Have a great weekend.

Kellie
Old Mar 12, 2011, 5:24 am

Hi Gary/Sabine

I have my first SIXT rental coming up this week. I've got my Platinum card by virtue of my SPG status. Am I locked into earning SPG points with the rental or can I substitute my SPG number with my LAN or Malev FF numbers at the time of car pick-up?

Thanks
Old Mar 15, 2011, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by 3544quebec
Hi Gary/Sabine

I have my first SIXT rental coming up this week. I've got my Platinum card by virtue of my SPG status. Am I locked into earning SPG points with the rental or can I substitute my SPG number with my LAN or Malev FF numbers at the time of car pick-up?

Thanks
Hello,
I am not sure but I have contacted a colleague in Germany, who will be able to advise me. As soon that I hear back, I will let you know.

Best Regards
Sabine
Old Mar 17, 2011, 3:37 am

Hi Gary/Sabine

Thanks
Hello,
I just received the response from my colleague and she confirmed that you can substitute your SPG number with your LAN or Malev FF number at time of collection.

I hope this helps.
Best Regards
Sabine
Old Mar 17, 2011, 7:07 am

Originally Posted by SunshineStay
Dear SIXT team,

I have a question concerning the rates that I receive as a Platinum card holder.

From what I gather in the other thread about sixt partner card discounts as a Platinum card holder I should expect to receive a 15% discount on the public internet rate.

That seems to happen when I book online, however the conditions that I receive (after I have logged in) are worse than the conditions when booking the public internet rate (e.g. the contribution (Selbstbeteiligung in German) when booking comprehensive coverage (Vollkasko in German) is much higher 800 EUR vs. 350 EUR).

I guess that is because I do not receive the normal discounted rate, but my corporate rate. So the question is whether it's possible to transfer my account to non-corporate status, so that I receive the base prices minus the 15% discount on all items?

Thanks for your help.
the 15% for platinum card holders in Germany is incorrect. you will receive 10%. I know that it says 15% everywhere, but Sixt denies this discount and say that the discount can be UP TO 15%.
well since the introduction of the new price system approx a year ago it has never been 15% in Germany.

Gary and Sabine do not need to try to get into this again, just for your information if you are surprised that the discount will not be 15%
Old Mar 17, 2011, 8:32 am

I hope you have better luck than I did. My original status partner stuck like glue, even after leaving for years.

Hi Gary/Sabine

Thanks
Old Mar 17, 2011, 3:14 pm

Programs: LH FTL
Car rental in germany

Gary & team,

I am trying to rent a car in Germany for a weekend. I recently got a german driving license (4 months back) and am 28 years old. I have following queries:

1. Can I rent a car with Sixt? I have heard most of the rental car companies in germany require driving license to be held for at least one year. I checked website of Sixt and could not find any such condition. However, please confirm.

2. How can I book a car with unlimited mileage option? On sixt.de it allows me to book only 900km per weekend rental.

3. Is there any discount for people holding lufthansa business credit card? If yes, how can I avail that?
Old Mar 17, 2011, 4:27 pm

Many thanks to Adam of Sixt. Made reservations for Germany with Sixt and thanks to Adam's help, it was made with a few emails, completed in 1 hour at a very good rate. Kudos to the staff at Sixt, and what a great way of doing business; personal, polite, efficient service through Flyertalk.
Old Mar 18, 2011, 2:08 am

Originally Posted by Sabine Blasig
Hello,
I just received the response from my colleague and she confirmed that you can substitute your SPG number with your LAN or Malev FF number at time of collection.

I hope this helps.
Best Regards
Sabine

Thanks Sabine

I shall watch my Malev account with eager anticipation
Old Mar 18, 2011, 3:24 am

Originally Posted by oxymoron
Gary & team,

I am trying to rent a car in Germany for a weekend. I recently got a german driving license (4 months back) and am 28 years old. I have following queries:

1. Can I rent a car with Sixt? I have heard most of the rental car companies in germany require driving license to be held for at least one year. I checked website of Sixt and could not find any such condition. However, please confirm.

2. How can I book a car with unlimited mileage option? On sixt.de it allows me to book only 900km per weekend rental.

3. Is there any discount for people holding lufthansa business credit card? If yes, how can I avail that?
Good Morning Oxymoron,

I checked our rental guide for Germany and it states the following:

In Germany, the following rules apply for the minimum age and possession of a driver's license:
18 years/1 day for vehicles in groups MBMR to CWMR, MTMR
21 years/2 years for vehicles in groups IDMR to LWAR, CTMR, ITMR, SSMR to LSMR, SFMR to FFMR
25 years/3 years for vehicles in groups XDAR, STMR, FTMR, PTMR, LTMR, XTMR, XTAR, XSMR, XSAR, PFMR, LFMR, XFAR. LSAN, LTAN.

Therefore it depends on which vehicle group you would like to hire. If you are looking to hire a small vehicle then there is no problem.

In regard to the unlimited mileage, I would suggest try to book it over sixt.com as it shows unlimited mileage on there, when I tried to make a test booking from Friday to Monday.

I m just checking with a colleague if your entitled to a discount with your Lufthansa business credit card. As soon I hear back from I will let you know.

Many Thanks
Best Regards
Sabine Blasig
Old Mar 18, 2011, 4:39 am

Sabine,

Thanks for your reply.

I checked on sixt.com, but its also with 900km.
Then I checked on sixt.co.uk and it is with unlimited mileage. However, the price is 20 euros more than sixt.de. Is there any way around this?

Is it possible I make a booking on sixt.com and forward the booking details to you so that you can get the unlimited mileage included in it?
Old Mar 18, 2011, 4:45 am

Originally Posted by oxymoron
Sabine,

Thanks for your reply.

I checked on sixt.com, but its also with 900km.
Then I checked on sixt.co.uk and it is with unlimited mileage. However, the price is 20 euros more than sixt.de. Is there any way around this?

Is it possible I make a booking on sixt.com and forward the booking details to you so that you can get the unlimited mileage included in it?
Hello,
please could you e-mail me, [email protected], the date when you would like to rent and from which location and I will check with our reservations team for you.

Please could you also advise which status you have which Lufthansa credit card you have. Is it LH Credit Card Classic, LH MMI Credit Card Gold/+FTL/+SEN or LH HON Circle Credit Card?

Many Thanks
Best Regards
Sabine
Old Mar 18, 2011, 5:21 am

Sabine,

You have an email from me. Thanks for your help
Old Mar 18, 2011, 7:38 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Originally Posted by Sabine Blasig
Good Morning Oxymoron,

I checked our rental guide for Germany and it states the following:

In Germany, the following rules apply for the minimum age and possession of a driver's license:
18 years/1 day for vehicles in groups MBMR to CWMR, MTMR
21 years/2 years for vehicles in groups IDMR to LWAR, CTMR, ITMR, SSMR to LSMR, SFMR to FFMR
25 years/3 years for vehicles in groups XDAR, STMR, FTMR, PTMR, LTMR, XTMR, XTAR, XSMR, XSAR, PFMR, LFMR, XFAR. LSAN, LTAN.

Therefore it depends on which vehicle group you would like to hire. If you are looking to hire a small vehicle then there is no problem.

In regard to the unlimited mileage, I would suggest try to book it over sixt.com as it shows unlimited mileage on there, when I tried to make a test booking from Friday to Monday.

I m just checking with a colleague if your entitled to a discount with your Lufthansa business credit card. As soon I hear back from I will let you know.

Many Thanks
Best Regards
Sabine Blasig
Very interesting to know, I have always thought Hertz was the only company renting to people under 21 in Europe. (Hertz Student)
Perhaps it would be a good idea to state this better on your website to gain more under 21 clients.

Could you perhaps also check what the minimum age is to rent in Italy?
I will turn 21 next month, but its still interesting to know.
Is there also a underage driver fee in Italy and Germany, and could you tell me how much it is?

I do have a Sixt Platinum card, thanks!

Thomas

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.