Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SIXT - Upgrades

Search this Thread

Old Feb 8, 2019, 8:40 pm

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, Sixt Platinum, Hertz Gold, National Exec. Elite, Marriott Silver, Avis President's
Originally Posted by rbAA
Location MCO
Booked: Full size
Received: My choice of Hyundai Sonatas, but did get one with 300 miles on it

New one to me as I always get a one class UPG, but the agent said "my rate" was not upgradable according to her computer. She did ask why I didn't reserve my usual luxury class car, which was 2x more. Never had this happen even when I've reserved FS or better. Guess the $133 all in per week was too low, though it was booked thru Sixt's site from an email offer that didn't mention any restrictions other than being prepaid, non refundable. Still a decent deal though the polar vortex was in full force in FL.
Pretty much the same thing they've told me every time at MCO, no matter what I've reserved or what rate. Never had an upgrade there. Between that and the add on for my wife as an additional driver making the fee less competitive, I've pretty much stopped using them here.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 11:32 pm

Programs: LH SEN, Marriott Ambassador, Sixt Diamond, National EE, HH Diamond, Hertz PC and a lot more
Sixt has two tiers of Platinum status - one that allows you to use the platinum counter, and one (based on # of rentals, I think 25 per year) that gives you the upgrade guarantee.

I personally (Diamond status) always get really nice upgrades (last time LAX from SFAR to XFAR, last time MCO from STAR to LTAR, etc.)
Old Feb 11, 2019, 7:05 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Sixt Platinum, HHons Diamond
Booked: FDMR
Received: Mercedes C220 Automatic

Nice high spec model with very low miles. Was offered a choice of Jaguar F-Pace, BMW 5 Series or the Mercedes. As I arrived at the lot a newly cleaned S-Class Mercedes was parked up. Asked if I could swap to that but was told not possible. It was still there the next day when I returned so felt a little disappointing, although it would have been quite an upgrade from an FDMR so cannot feel to hard done by!
Old Feb 11, 2019, 8:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by Vinotraveller
Nice high spec model with very low miles. Was offered a choice of Jaguar F-Pace, BMW 5 Series or the Mercedes
Why would you take the C-class over a 5 series? F-Pace also higher category although some don't like SUVs...
Old Feb 11, 2019, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by clubman
Why would you take the C-class over a 5 series? F-Pace also higher category although some don't like SUVs...
I have had a lot of BMW 5 series as rentals so fancied trying the C-Class for a change. In terms of the F-Pace I wasn't in the mood for an SUV this time. I did note at TLS they had a lot of Jaguar and Lexus SUV's, and a lot of BMW's too, so plenty of choice of nice cars.
Old Feb 24, 2019, 11:13 am

Hello everyone!

Anybody know if there are any representatives from SIXT whom I can talk to directly? Or better, maybe one of you guys could answer my question
Do you have any clue about what car I can expect from SIXT Hamburg? I have no status and have a prepaid LDAR booking for two days this coming summer.
I would love to receive a Mercedes Benz E350d/E400d or a Jaguar XF 30d. What are the odds of me receiving one of these? Would hate to end up with a BMW 525d or any Audi A6, and would definitely not like to end up with a petrol car!

Thanks in advance)
Old Feb 27, 2019, 5:16 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
No idea about Hamburg. In Germany in general, A6 definitely possible. Often some 3.0 V6 Quattro from what I jad in the past. Some 530d (sometimes xd), never gotten a 525d. E350 can be, but not seen so often. Really depends plus fleet keeps changing.
Old Mar 4, 2019, 5:59 am

Programs: Flying Blue Platinum, Sixt Platinum, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by roadtriplove
Hello everyone!

Anybody know if there are any representatives from SIXT whom I can talk to directly? Or better, maybe one of you guys could answer my question
Do you have any clue about what car I can expect from SIXT Hamburg? I have no status and have a prepaid LDAR booking for two days this coming summer.
I would love to receive a Mercedes Benz E350d/E400d or a Jaguar XF 30d. What are the odds of me receiving one of these? Would hate to end up with a BMW 525d or any Audi A6, and would definitely not like to end up with a petrol car!

Thanks in advance)

in the sixt IOS app you can choose guaranteed diesel - but there's a surcharge. personal I would prefer the opposite vehicle choice (!) If its a big station they tend to be flexible when you are checking in and let you choose or upgrade for a low cost.

Last edited by symone; Mar 4, 2019 at 6:23 am
Old Mar 5, 2019, 3:41 am

I have booked an S-Class or equivalent (XDAR) from DUS for 24 hours over a Saturday/Sunday. They seem to have S500's there amongst others, as well as more basic S Class models for XDAR category. Generally as a platinum, are they generous with upgrades at that station?
Old Mar 5, 2019, 6:21 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
I have booked an S-Class or equivalent (XDAR) from DUS for 24 hours over a Saturday/Sunday. They seem to have S500's there amongst others, as well as more basic S Class models for XDAR category. Generally as a platinum, are they generous with upgrades at that station?
Really curious what you think an upgrade from an S Class would be?
Old Mar 6, 2019, 5:47 am

Originally Posted by UAPremExecflyer
Really curious what you think an upgrade from an S Class would be?
I mean an upgrade to an S500 rather than just the more standard diesel model. They also have rather a lot of very exotic vehicles available there but I am of course not expecting to be upgraded to them.

My question was asked because the S500 is bookable as a separate class (XLAN) which would be an upgrade from XDAR. Similarly there is also the S350 (XCAN) which would also be an upgrade. So my question is really if anyone had experience of what a platinum might expect to be offered when booking XDAR,
Old Mar 6, 2019, 11:21 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
I mean an upgrade to an S500 rather than just the more standard diesel model. They also have rather a lot of very exotic vehicles available there but I am of course not expecting to be upgraded to them.

My question was asked because the S500 is bookable as a separate class (XLAN) which would be an upgrade from XDAR. Similarly there is also the S350 (XCAN) which would also be an upgrade. So my question is really if anyone had experience of what a platinum might expect to be offered when booking XDAR,
Last time I had an "S-Class" booked in HAM, I ended up with an M550i. That took a lot of work and massaging, though. They had assigned an S550 by default which I really didn't need as a single driver.
kahuna1993 likes this.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 3:53 am

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
Last time I had an "S-Class" booked in HAM, I ended up with an M550i. That took a lot of work and massaging, though. They had assigned an S550 by default which I really didn't need as a single driver.
Many thanks - that is really useful information. I'll report back with my experience at DUS. XDAR was an amazingly cheap price compared to XCAN and XLAN, so I am intrigued as to how they will handle any upgrades.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 4:11 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Many thanks - that is really useful information. I'll report back with my experience at DUS. XDAR was an amazingly cheap price compared to XCAN and XLAN, so I am intrigued as to how they will handle any upgrades.
Yes please do. I have another rental in a few weeks in HAM, and this time I don’t think they’ll have an M550i - so not sure what to hope for.

What status are you btw? I’m sure that makes a difference too.
Old Mar 7, 2019, 4:15 am

Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim

Yes please do. I have another rental in a few weeks in HAM, and this time I don’t think they’ll have an M550i - so not sure what to hope for.

What status are you btw? I’m sure that makes a difference too.
I am Platinum which was achieved through actual rentals rather than airline status, so normally I do always get some sort of upgrade. I have not rented in Germany since 2014 though. Mainly I rent in France.

I noted at DUS they seem to have G-Wagen and BMW i8, but I am not expecting one of them - I might try my luck if I see them on the lot though!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.