SIXT - Upgrades

Old Jan 1, 2016, 9:06 pm

Programs: AS MVP 75K, DL Diamond, LH SEN, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Ambassador
Booked: PCAR
Received: XFAR (MB GL450)
Duration: 2 days
Old Jan 6, 2016, 6:11 am

Quick question, what about upgrades with the Sixt Diamond Card in San Francisco?
First time using the card, first time renting at Sixt. Any suggestions for the most fun upgrade?
Old Jan 13, 2016, 10:32 pm

Booked: SCAR
Received: PCAR (Brand new Volvo S60)
Duration: 2 days

Pleasant employees at pickup and return. No lines.
Old Jan 18, 2016, 3:45 pm

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
Booked: CWMR (Ford Focus EST or similar)
Received: FWMR (Mercedes C180 station wagon, NAV)
Duration: 3 days
Driven: 400 km
Comments: The station is really nice and kind. I'm not a huge fan of Mercedes, from what I've experienced. The first one we were given smelled of cigarette smoke so the ladies swapped it out for a better one. The colour was a brown that normally would be quite ugly but it was autumn weather so it fit in quite nicely. Drives like it has no power, but in S+ it was OK on hill climbs. Navigation is terrible on Mercs, and also you couldn't make it speak to you in English.
Old Feb 23, 2016, 11:40 pm

Programs: BA Silver, SkyTeam Elite Plus, Star Alliance Gold (status match)
Booked: CPMR (Audi A3 from the app)
Received: FDAR (BMW 320d)
Duration: 6 days
Comment: Got a free upgrade to a 320d - brand new (1000km), with 8 speed auto, Navi, LED lights and what sounded like BMW Advanced Sound, was just to good to be the basic one. Was rather satisfied with the car.
Old Mar 22, 2016, 3:12 pm

Fell a bit behind here so I'll try to catch up in one post:

Dropoff: DUS
Booked: CPMR (BMW 1 or similar)
Received: LWAR (BMW 535 X-drive station wagon, NAV w/ 23,000 km on odo)
Driven: 500 km
Comments: Probably one of my best Diamond upgrades and rentals. Nice car to drive, fully loaded. First time I had HUD and loved it. Also had adaptive cruise control.

Received: FWMR (Audi A4 avant manual, NAV w/ 15,000 km on odo)
Duration: 5 days
Driven: 500 km
Comments: Not a great rental, upon return there was one Sixt person working the returns and it took forever. Also Diamond Lounge was closed (my luck of course!).

Dropoff: LIR
Booked: CFMR (Daihatsu Terios Bego or similar)
Received: CFMR (Daihatsu Terios Bego w/ 10 km on odo)
Driven: 670 km
Comments: Again a disappointing rental. Return station was supposed to be open at my dropoff time but was closed. Luckily there were some security guards who had the cell number of one of the staff. We figured out a solution (drive to terminal, park there and give keys to Nature Air staff). Also, no upgrade?! At least the car was brand new, though it was a piece of junk. Thought we'd get stuck going up a hill near our hotel (off-road). It was in first gear, with three pax and no luggage, and just stalled. Two pax got out, driver stayed, and it made it up. Phew! Next time in Costa Rica I'd rent with Avis, who have a nice Signature Series with Audi's.

Dropoff: Osnabrück
Received: LSAR (BMW 420 Gran Coupe Lim, NAV, w/ 19,000 km on odo)
Driven: 600 km
Comments: Nice car, nice rental, nice upgrade. It had somewhat strange features: HUD for instance, but steering wheel was not leather... Also, I do not understand how Sixt places this car above BMW 5. It is simply a slightly altered 3 series, and does not feel as luxurious or powerful as the 5. Winter tires, rated to 210 km/h (too bad!).

Received: FWMR (Volvo V70 Kombi, NAV, w/ 300 km on odo)
Driven: 1000 km
Comments: I was offered BMW 3 combi, but after having driven so many BMWs I wanted to try something different. The Volvo was very comfortable, and it was nice that it was brand new. However the NAV could not be changed from German and it was very weak at high speeds. Winter tires, rated to 240 km/h (too bad, wish I had those on the BMW!). Max speed I got to was 220 km/h going downhill.
Old Mar 30, 2016, 11:33 pm

Programs: Starwood Residences Owner, AA 1MM, MP Gold, Avis-Hertz PC, Ritz Gold
DFW Airport

Booked: SCAR
Received: XCAR (Cadillac XTS)
Duration: 4 days

Agent was cheerful, and reluctant. First offered Hyundai. Advised her I called two weeks prior to ensure I had the reservation setup correctly to receive a German automobile. Manager said Hyundai. I was tired so I offered to wait for a nicer vehicle to be returned/cleaned so spoke with her manager and I received a Cadillac. Would've been happy with a Jetta. Always drama @DFW but have always been taken care of.
Old Mar 31, 2016, 12:30 am
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Booked: CCMR Audi 1
Received: CCAR Mini Auto
Duration: 6 days

I am always off my game when I get to LHR having travelled for about 18 hours. I always forget to add my FF number to the reservation and this time I meant to ask if they'd upsell me to an auto transmission. Completely forgot about it and got one anyway.

I have always wanted to try the Mini so was quite excited to get it. Did about 1000 miles and it was quite comfortable given it is tiny
Old Apr 16, 2016, 9:53 pm
Used to be ' simz '

Programs: Does it matter..??? It doesn't matter to them
Hi,

I am new to the SixT world, having used Hertz, pretty much everytime I have rented a car..

I have a reservation for Amman Airport (Jordan) starting tomorrow.. I had a few quick questions:
I have no status with SixT, whatsoever.

1. I have reserved an Economy car. Are they usually forthcoming with upgrades, or should I expect an Economy car only ?

2. I am starting to think this car might be slightly small for my requirement ? Would it be better to book a bigger car before hand or they provide decent deals on upgrades at the counter ?
Old Apr 16, 2016, 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by Flyfromscratch
Hi,

I am new to the SixT world, having used Hertz, pretty much everytime I have rented a car..

I have a reservation for Amman Airport (Jordan) starting tomorrow.. I had a few quick questions:
I have no status with SixT, whatsoever.

1. I have reserved an Economy car. Are they usually forthcoming with upgrades, or should I expect an Economy car only ?

2. I am starting to think this car might be slightly small for my requirement ? Would it be better to book a bigger car before hand or they provide decent deals on upgrades at the counter ?
If you have any airline status, you can get Sixt Platinum for free. That may help a bit.

Please do ask for upgrades at the counter. I am immensely curious about Sixt in Amman as I have an upcoming reservation there myself and very little info is around.

Good luck!

Old Apr 28, 2016, 3:40 am

Programs: Sixt Platinum
Booked: IVAR
Received: A160D With Nav and Auto
Date: Aug 2015
Duration:20 days
(Very Happy)

Received: LCAR(C300) PTAR(228i Conv.)

Booked: CCAR Mini
Received: CFAR Chevrolet Trax

Received: PCAR Audi A3 1.8t
Underpowered and with service light was on, but had Hid, Panoramic Roof, and Bose.
Swapped it for a brand new 328i with camera and professional Nav at MIA

Booked: LCAR
Received: LCAR Bmw 328i
Tan leather seats, camera, and LED headlights.

Booked: FDMR
Received: FDAR 320d Msport

Received: CTS 3.6

Received: GLC300

Last edited by Sauo; Nov 30, 2016 at 12:49 am
Old May 10, 2016, 8:17 am

First time upgrade w/o any talking

Booked: ECMR (Fiat Punto)
Received: CWMR (Ford Focus Kombi manual, 15 km on odo fresh new)
Duration: 10 days
Driven: on way to Dubrovnik
Comments: If I want complain, it smell factory inside and exhaust smell teriribly Pre-autorization on credit card 980EUR at SIXT office, rental cost full 10 days 140EUR only.
Old May 10, 2016, 10:21 am

Programs: Sixt Platinum
Booked: SDMR
Received: SDMR
Duration: 7 days

Asked for a german car, received a Renault Talisman instead. Such a crappy car for this segment! Still wondering how and why Sixt is offering this car to its clients. This car is a plastic toy/gadget. A/C doesn't work properly, dashboard is so complicated that it makes the car dangerous to drive, awfully uncomfortable seats, ...
Can somebody tell me how can I feel an official complaint? Thanks!

NB: would be nice if Sixt'staff knew how to install/use the baby car seat Sixt rents ...
Old May 11, 2016, 9:52 pm

Cologne Hilton

I have transferred my business to SIXT last year and will be picking up a rental at the Hilton in Cologne Germany in two weeks. I am Platinum and have booked IWMR. Is it possible to request a specific car, how? If I request an upgrade as Platinum member what vehicles would be common upgrade from IWMR? BMW Wagon?

Booked: IWMR
Duration: 14 days
Old Oct 5, 2016, 9:44 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Sixt Platinum, Hyatt Platinum
Received: XCAR: BMW 5
Duration: 4 days

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.