SIXT - Upgrades

Old Oct 8, 2011, 9:32 am

Programs: Eurostar Carte Blanche, QR Silver, Accor, BA
- Car Reserved: A3/120d
- Car Received: Chrysler 300C 3.0D leather+navi

Reason: German cars cannot be driven to Poland.

Cute Sixt attendant was extremely friendly. And, she still let me drive despite being 20 at the time (albeit my mum was with me). Best upgrade we've ever got I think.
Old Oct 10, 2011, 3:23 pm
Ambassador: LATAM

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by JohnnyColombia
MIA car rental centre
Booked: Chevrolet Aveo
Received: Ford Fusion 3.0L V6
Quoting myself because I just got the exact same upgrade (second time in a week) at the same station after booking the same Chevrolet Aveo
Old Oct 10, 2011, 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by JohnnyColombia
Quoting myself because I just got the exact same upgrade (second time in a week) at the same station after booking the same Chevrolet Aveo
Nice!
Old Oct 12, 2011, 5:06 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH G, CO G, BA B, HH G, PC P, SW G, Sixt P, Hertz G and YES A|Club G :)
- Platinum
- DUS K Interconti
- Citroen C5
- MB E220 CDI

This station has a great car selection!
Old Oct 18, 2011, 3:43 am

Programs: DL Plat, UA Plat 1MM, AS MVP, Hyatt Discoverist, Avis Presidents Club, Hertz President's Circle
Two different experiences.

1) Avignon France TGV Station
No Status
Booked: BMW 1 Series

They had this car waiting for me; explained that I was "in the process of getting Platinum" so the extremely nice agent upgraded us to a BMW iDrive x1 -- great drive for a weekend in Provence. Fantastic upgrade.

2) Gare de Lyon Paris
Platinum Status
Booked: CCMR
Received: Citroen C3

When I asked about the UG, they said 'this is already a class higher than you've booked. Garage had a number of much nicer cars (German plated) but they wouldn't even consider it.
Old Oct 18, 2011, 10:46 am

Programs: Globalist, Marriott Plat, various sundry
-Platinum
-MUC Airport
-Booked FDAR, no navi
-Got Mercedes C180, navi

While not much of an upgrade (except for navi), it was a very nice car for what I needed, and it could really move.
Old Oct 22, 2011, 9:03 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold, ITA Elite+, Cathay S, Singapore S, Hertz PC, Avis PC
Prague airport

Platinum
Booked cdar Seat Leon
Got Audi A3
Old Oct 26, 2011, 2:48 pm

Programs: IC Amb.,FB,Hertz,Sixt
EDI
Platinum
Booked BMW 3 Auto
Got Merc E200 cgi Auto&Navi
It is a shame that previous renters have managed to scratch so much of the car and even damage the roof lining! At 9000 miles
Old Nov 8, 2011, 2:49 pm

Programs: United Airlines, America West, American Airlines, Delta, British Airways,
SixT Rental

Hi,

I am booked with Sixt Rental car out of heathrow and wanted to know whey they charge for an additional driver. In the US there's no charge, it seems that they are trying to nickel and dime me. I got upset at that and wrote them back.

What are the best ways to get an upgrade at no charge, inasmuch as I see on a number of posts that customers returned the car with a full tank and nevertheless the rental agency charged them for the gas......

email me for responses to [email protected]

Thanks!
Old Nov 8, 2011, 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by Svolitch78
Hi,

I am booked with Sixt Rental car out of heathrow and wanted to know whey they charge for an additional driver. In the US there's no charge, it seems that they are trying to nickel and dime me. I got upset at that and wrote them back.

What are the best ways to get an upgrade at no charge, inasmuch as I see on a number of posts that customers returned the car with a full tank and nevertheless the rental agency charged them for the gas......

email me for responses to [email protected]

Thanks!
Umm last time I checked, most or all rental companies, at least in Europe, will charge some sort of fee for an extra driver.

example, Avis:

UK: 9 including VAT per day per driver

USA: Nevada Locations = $5.00 per day
New York Locations = $3.00 per day
All other Locations = $9.00 per day

So what's new?
Old Nov 12, 2011, 4:13 pm

that you are posting an upgrade you got 3 years ago...
Old Nov 12, 2011, 5:38 pm

Originally Posted by sixtisbest
that you are posting an upgrade you got 3 years ago...
And there's something wrong with that?

Isn't old data almost as valuable as new? I believe information from a 3 year old booking is hardly outside the context of the thread...

Or perhaps I should fill you all with pessimism, and mention the time I accidentally turned up 90 minutes late for an A3 at Frankfurt Hbf, so they gave me a Mini which was too small for 3 people, so I had to drive to FRA to be given a massive but uninspiring Berlingo multispace?
Or perhaps the time I booked a Passat only to be given a Merc C-class, only to find that for the lengthy road trip through Germany, France, and Switzerland, the CD-player was unusable, because the navigation disc occupies the same slot (and was both unremovable, and completely useless b/c it only covered Germany).

So, you're right, perhaps I shouldn't just have posted an older, positive upgrade experience, but instead tell the whole story... after all, I would be biased not too

P.S. also it's not new that I posted an old upgrade... I posted it a month ago, also making it old (or 2.6% of the time elapsed since the rental, to be precise).

P.P.S. Please forgive my poor wit. I'm both bored, tired, and would much rather be posting on FT than trying to write an essay...

Last edited by InternationalLiving; Nov 12, 2011 at 5:51 pm
Old Nov 15, 2011, 8:23 am

why would you only post positive results with sixt?

negative ones do not really fit in this thread, but anyway, interesting to hear.
Old Nov 15, 2011, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by sixtisbest
why would you only post positive results with sixt?
I suppose because they are still one of my favourites though Europcar generally are very helpful, and you generally get what you book.

No-one can be worse than Avis UK IMO, they are the most consistent with bad service... the number of bad stories my family and I have with them would shut down FT servers if I were to post them!
Old Dec 6, 2011, 7:33 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Manchester UK (MAN)
Platinum
Booked ILAR - BMW 1 Automatic
Rented - Volvo S60 Automatic

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.