SIXT - Upgrades

Old May 16, 2012, 6:30 am

Munich International
Platinum
Booked: FDAR (Merc C)
Received: FDAR (Merc c220 wagon)

At first I was offered a Ford mondeo, pretty big downgrade if you ask me, that I denied. After searching for keys for over 20 minutes she came back with a just in 220 that was very very dirty both inside and out.

Great first rental from sixt(insert sarcasm here)... most likely stick to hertz/national....
Old May 16, 2012, 6:32 am

Venice Macro Polo Airport
Platinum
Booked: ECMR (Fiat 500)
Received: ECMR (Toyota Aygo)

Again, base model car, no upgrade. Got what I paid for I suppose....
Old May 23, 2012, 2:21 am

it's been a while, but nevertheless...

Edinburgh Airport
Booked: CCAR (Audi A1)
Received: CCAR (Audi A1)

very nice car to drive, nicely equipped. wanted to have an automatic and that was the "cheapest" one to book.
however, categorizing an A1 as a compact class car is a joke in my eyes. We were just 2 people and just had 1 suitcase and 1 bag for 5 days, so the trunk space was ok (although needing to fold down the back seats). Would be funny to go with 3 people...

I do not really complain, since the reservation page explicitly stated an A1 as compact car, and I expected to get one.
Old May 23, 2012, 2:24 am

another one:

London Heathrow Airport

Booked: CWAR (VW Golf SW, Fored Focus SW)
Received: PWAR (BMW 320d SW)

Very nice upgrade with GPS and leather. They didn't have a compact SW available with automatic, so the station manager upgraded me.

Remark: excellent and fast service on our return at LHR, we were a little late and feared to miss our flight.
Old May 24, 2012, 6:19 am
ixs

Programs: Many
Generally speaking, Sixt has been quite good to me so far. They are my preferred rental car company so far and I have never felt the need to go with someone else.

Cape Town Airport, PDAR (Merc C180) and received that one as well...
Due to the lack of upgrade possibility (as it was the largest they had) the lady at the counter offered to only bill the lower class. Gratefully accepted but unfortunately the final bill did not mirror this offer. Shame.
One strange thing was that the agent told me their cars do not have sat nav and yet I enjoyed the Mercedes Command System.
The car itself was excellent. Slightly over 10k kilometers and surprisingly many dents etc. but that's only aesthetics.

Johannesburg Airport, SDAR (Ford Focus Automatic) and received FDAR (BMW 320i). Decent car, only 16k km on the clock, no Nav unfortunately. Main drawback, the engine is just too weak for the size of the car.

Just today in Amsterdam RAI, rented MCMR (Renault Twingo, Fiat Panda) and received CDMR (BMW Mini Countryman).
Didn't drive the car myself as it's for a friend who doesn't have a credit card but from what I saw, it's a totally acceptable upgrade.
Old May 27, 2012, 10:55 am

Programs: LH, AB, SPG, CC, Sixt, EC
Platinum
Dsseldorf Interconti K
Booked: BMW 1 / Golf GTI
Received: Subaro Outback (Navi)

First I was really pissed but once I drove the car, it was actually not that bad. It is a little large for city parking but there is plenty of power on the Autobahn, so it wasn't that bad. Not sure it is an upgrade though, if it is, only in size...
Old Jul 8, 2012, 4:44 am

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Plat, Avis PC, Sixt Pl,
Platinum
Madrid Barajas (MAD) Airport
Booked: PDMR 5er
Received: LDAR? Audi A7 Quattro 3.0 TDI S-Tronic

€61k of A7 for a frankly unbelievable pay on arrival price of €325 for 7 days. Made the dash to the Costa Blanca effortless with the added bonus of an indicated 44 UK mpg (6.4 l/100km) over 400 or so kilometers.

First ever Sixt rental, and certainly wont be the last!

Last edited by courtster; Jul 8, 2012 at 9:49 am
Old Jul 9, 2012, 2:52 am

Platinum
DUS International K
Booked: CPMR BMW1
Received: FDAR MB C Couple (Automatic, 220 Diesel, Navi)

It was quite a battle. When I showed up (I admit a little before the booked time), I was offered a VW Golf 6 with the explenation that this was a special VW Golf and that's why it is CPMR. I told the lady several times that I am not stupid and that each golf (except the GTI) is CDMR.(she actually agreed but said, still, this one was special) Furthermore, I told her that as a platinum, I expect to either receive what I have booked (which is the case 99% of all times and no upgrades) or to receive an upgrade but that I refuse to be lied at and I refuse to take a downgrade for the same money. It is up to her to arrange something. We then agreed that I would show up at the exact time of pickup as originally indicated in my booking and that she would make something available. At the end, it was the Mercedes which is a fair car, I would have prefered the BMW though.
In the meantime, I had checked their parking lot, they had a BMW 5 X Drive which would have been okay with me as well
Old Jul 9, 2012, 3:51 am
BMK

Programs: British Airways Blue, Virgin Flying Club Silver, Sixt Platinum, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by courtster
Platinum
Madrid Barajas (MAD) Airport
Booked: PDMR 5er
Received: LDAR? Audi A7 Quattro 3.0 TDI S-Tronic

€61k of A7 for a frankly unbelievable pay on arrival price of €325 for 7 days. Made the dash to the Costa Blanca effortless with the added bonus of an indicated 44 UK mpg (6.4 l/100km) over 400 or so kilometers.

First ever Sixt rental, and certainly wont be the last!
hah lovely car and lovely upgrade!

Really is a ridiculously cheap price that as well for a week long rental.
Old Jul 11, 2012, 1:39 am

Programs: Aeroplan Elite, HHonours Gold, MarcoPolo Gold
-Sixt Platinum
-Heathrow
-Golf
-BMW 5 Series
Old Jul 12, 2012, 6:40 am

MUC / June 26
Booked: Compact Station Wagon CWMR
Received: Skoda Superb Station Wagon (Diesel, Auto, GPS)

Don't really know what the Superb is classified at Sixt, but should be IWMR at least. So, nice upgrade.
Old Jul 31, 2012, 6:59 am

any upgrade experience @ Paris Saxe Invalides ?
Old Aug 2, 2012, 11:29 am

Programs: HH Nobody, AF FB Platinum, SIXT Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Ambassador
Originally Posted by ardiwine
any upgrade experience @ Paris Saxe Invalides ?
I rented once there. No recognition of my platinum card.
Old Aug 8, 2012, 12:35 am

Programs: QF KF
Two rentals in July:

Basel, Switzerland
Booked: 1 Series
Received: VW Passat

FRA, Germany
Booked: 3 Series
Received: 320d Coupe M Sport.

Happy camper
Old Aug 13, 2012, 3:00 am

DUS Interconti K, Germany
Booked: VW Golf - no extras
Received: 318 i station with GPS

Definitely an upgrade in my eyes but the engine is too weak for the weight. Planned to carry my golf equipment so the fairly large trunk came in handy.

I was also offered a MINI S Cooper convertible. They only said Mini Convertible so I declined, had I known it was the S Cooper (only found out on the parking lot), I would have taken the MINI!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.