Avoid Newton Food Center at all cost

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avoid Newton Food Center at all cost

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2017, 4:15 am

Originally Posted by SQTraveller
For those who are going to Singapore, please don't go to Newton (or even worse Lau Pa Sat) food courts. My own personal experience is that the food in these two places have become worse over recent years - although Lau Pa Sat food has been bad since I first came visited Singapore over a decade ago.

There are smaller hawker centres with far better food. I can recommend Balestier Food Centre - it's not too far from the centre of town and they have a really good selection of dishes. I'm sure there are also other choices. Also if you happen to hit to seafood stalls in hawker centres, they sometimes have deals for seafood and rice on one plate that is significantly better value proposition that buying the whole fish - you can try a selection of smaller sized dishes.
The fried chicken Biryani at the new / temporary food centre by Telok Ayer is A+
Old Oct 20, 2017, 4:57 am

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
Originally Posted by quantumofforce
The fried chicken Biryani at the new / temporary food centre by Telok Ayer is A+
Agree about this interim food court. It is actually Golden Shoe food court relocated next to MRT station.

Had a meal today there. Definitely recommend.
Old Oct 24, 2017, 2:20 pm

Why don't you go to proper seafood restaurants (Jumbo, no signboard, Long Beach, etc) when you expect to spend hundreds of dollars per person? I'm not saying hawker center is not that well, it just doesn't cost that much.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.