Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

Career search in Singapore, Hong Kong HK, Asia?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2007, 10:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Ex CO/ UA Gold, Hotels.. TBD

Best way to job hunt for Asia, Esp. Singapore & HK?

For e.g. There are:
Yahoo HotJobs
Monster
Dice
Ladders

for the United States..

Whats the best site / ways here?

Also, would it be possible for a native English speaker (no other european languages) to land a corporate role outside Singapore in another city / country? What cities / countries would you recommend?

PS: Also looking for opportunities in:
- Europe
- Singapore
- Dubai
Old Aug 22, 2007, 10:49 pm

I'd like to know as well....
Old Aug 22, 2007, 11:01 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat HH Diamond
What field of work are you in? I have worked in S'pore and now working in Jakarta. I go to the website(s) of the places that I know where I want to work, and see if they are hiring for my position. Many expats who have jobs in other countries are employed by a corporation in their home country, and will take a stint in Asia. The pay is usually better as you are on an expat contract. If hired by the company directly, you run the chance of being a local hire, with a salary and benefits more in line with the country you are working in.
Old Aug 30, 2007, 10:08 am
Original Poster

Programs: Ex CO/ UA Gold, Hotels.. TBD
Originally Posted by Penguinmoon
What field of work are you in? I have worked in S'pore and now working in Jakarta. I go to the website(s) of the places that I know where I want to work, and see if they are hiring for my position. Many expats who have jobs in other countries are employed by a corporation in their home country, and will take a stint in Asia. The pay is usually better as you are on an expat contract. If hired by the company directly, you run the chance of being a local hire, with a salary and benefits more in line with the country you are working in.
Let me put it this way - Consulting - My skills, experience & time with Fortune XX companies puts me in a great spot for the kind of assignments I might seek.

Also, I KNOW that if I was to target specific companies that would work. I am looking to target based on certain role(s) & keywords that is easily done only through a CENTRAL JOB DATABASE.. Something like a Dice, Monster, Yahoo Hotjobs.

From what I have found from people I know in India - Its Naukri.com.

Anything similar to that for Singapore, Dubai etc?

I might even change my line of work but I want to be able to SEE a database where I can see what kind of opportunies arise at this point.
Old Aug 30, 2007, 10:27 am

Programs: TK/SQ Gold, QR Plat, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, HH Gold, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by xmlsoa
Let me put it this way - Consulting -
What kind of consulting? Management consulting? Obviously not, since those opportunities don't go onto job boards. IT consulting? Operations consulting? What is your experience level? Be specific or we can't help you out.
Old Aug 30, 2007, 11:10 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Savage25
What kind of consulting? Management consulting? Obviously not, since those opportunities don't go onto job boards. IT consulting? Operations consulting? What is your experience level? Be specific or we can't help you out.
How about shipbuilding and ship design? Noise and Vibration control.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.