Search

Swissotel the Stamford vs Raffles the Plaza

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2006, 2:00 am
Original Poster

Programs: SQ KF Gold
Swissotel the Stamford vs Raffles the Plaza

Dear all,

I am planning a special weekend with my better half and am trying to decide between one of the Stamford Crest suites at Swissotel the Stamford, and a suite at the sister hotel Raffles The Plaza.

Does anybody have experience with both these hotels? How do they compare?

Many thanks in advance!
DoctorWu
Old Aug 5, 2006, 12:59 pm

Programs: QF Platinum (OW Emerald, LTS 86%) 1810 SCs YTD
I recently just finished up a 65 night stay at the Swissotel. I have been staying there pretty much every year since 2002 and have to say that while the location is great, I have stayed in better hotels. Personally I think the Swissotel is in need of a refit / refresh. Once that happens it will be great.

I have never stayed in Raffles the Plaza, but from colleagues and friends comments in Singapore it is meant to be superior.

Both hotels share the Amrita Spa, which has a great gym and pool area.
Old Aug 6, 2006, 12:47 pm

Programs: Cent, CX Gold
Stayed twice at the Stamford Crest and prefer it to the plaza suite in raffles the plaza (only had 1 experience).

You can get a good deal at the Crest with a SIA boarding pass around 600 or a centurion package at the crest penthouse suite 200sqm.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.