Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

Champagne brunch...

Champagne brunch...

Old Oct 11, 2005, 9:58 pm
Original Poster

Champagne brunch...

...which has better food : One-Ninety at Four Seasons Hotel or Mezza9 at Grand Hyatt?
Old Oct 12, 2005, 5:39 am

Welcome to FT, monaco13

My vote is for Mezza9 at Grand Hyatt!
Old Oct 15, 2005, 3:54 am

Programs: PPS Club
Mezza.

and, i recall at the Four Season's Singapore, there is a Jiang Nan Chun chinese restaurant which also serves champagne brunch. it is served from menu, buffet syle, with champagne served. i recall the serving time rather short though. ust 1.5 hours for morning session and 1.5 hours for afternoon session. they use VC champagne. u might want to check if this is still valid.

cheers!

Originally Posted by monaco13
...which has better food : One-Ninety at Four Seasons Hotel or Mezza9 at Grand Hyatt?
Old Oct 15, 2005, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by lowwol
Mezza.

and, i recall at the Four Season's Singapore, there is a Jiang Nan Chun chinese restaurant which also serves champagne brunch. it is served from menu, buffet syle, with champagne served. i recall the serving time rather short though. ust 1.5 hours for morning session and 1.5 hours for afternoon session. they use VC champagne. u might want to check if this is still valid.

cheers!
The regular Sunday brunch at the FS is also in two sittings of one and a half hours at 11.30 and I think 1pm. The champagne was Veuve. Food was excellent. The other place we tried was the IC which was also excellent but the fact that brunch lasts 3 hours was better.
Old Oct 15, 2005, 12:07 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA EXP 3 MM
I had Sunday brunch at the RC Greenhouse two years ago. The food was very good and they also served VC. However, I thought that the ambiance was too noisy and very crowded. The tables were placed too close to each other. The servers appeared overwhelmed by the number of patrons and it took forever to order an iced tea or have my VC refilled.
Old Oct 25, 2005, 9:47 am

Programs: SQ, LH, BA, IHG Diamond AMB, HH Gold, SLH Indulged, Accor Gold, Hyatt Discoverist
I think food is on par, but would still vote for Mezza9 though I'm not so happy that they changed the champagne from Moet&Chandon to Taittinger. Ahh - life is tough.
Old Feb 6, 2006, 11:18 pm

Programs: frontier Elite, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by quitecontrary
The regular Sunday brunch at the FS is also in two sittings of one and a half hours at 11.30 and I think 1pm. The champagne was Veuve. Food was excellent. The other place we tried was the IC which was also excellent but the fact that brunch lasts 3 hours was better.
I very much enjoyed my brunch at Jiang-Nan Chun. As for the champagne, there were three, possibly four choices for unlimited champagne. If I remember correctly, the first was $40/person on top of the meal price and the most expensive one was $200/person. I didn't pay much attention as I didn't want to get blasted so I passed on the champagne option.

If you go to Singapore and want to eat here, make a reservation. I was able to scam my way in without one, but I got lucky b/c someone cancelled. The seating area is very small and they couldn't have fit me in, no matter how well I charmed them, if the one party hadn't cancelled.
Old Feb 7, 2006, 2:31 pm

Jiang-nan Chun at the Four Seasons was wonderful, especially the "buffet" they offer which I believe has been described above. I looked at the Sunday one in One-Ninety and it looked excellent. I couldn't have it though because I had to fly back to EWR before the brunch had started.

I've said it before - Jiang Nan Chun was the best meal I had in SIN and one of the most enjoyable things I did there!
Old Feb 8, 2006, 2:02 am

Programs: Hyatt GP,HHonors,Priority Club,NW Worldperks,SQ,CX
Mezza9 & Ritz Carlton

Its a toss up between m9 at Grand Hyatt and the Glass house at the Ritz. I had the opportunity to try both and must say both have their own merits. Food is much better at the Hyatt, but the floor-to-ceiling windows of the Ritz was just perfect for Sunday Brunch

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.