Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > Asia > Singapore
Reload this Page >

SIN seafood places

SIN seafood places

Reply

Old Apr 7, 05, 2:35 am
  #1  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: London
Programs: Hilton IHG LH BA TK
Posts: 11,795
SIN seafood places

I'll be overnighting in SIN very soon, and would like to find a prawny-crabby-lobstery sort of place to take my travelling companion to for a birhday dinner. Jet-lag AND my pocket mean that swanky won't work. "No-name Seafood" has been suggested in the office, any comments on this or advice on somewhere else ?

I'll be back in SIN for a few days on the way back, so can always try out a few other places

Cheers, Ian
IAN-UK is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 05, 2:49 am
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: SIN, here-and-there in Asia
Programs: LH-SEN SQ-PPS
Posts: 235
Smile

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
I'll be overnighting in SIN very soon, and would like to find a prawny-crabby-lobstery sort of place to take my travelling companion to for a birhday dinner. Jet-lag AND my pocket mean that swanky won't work. "No-name Seafood" has been suggested in the office, any comments on this or advice on somewhere else ?

I'll be back in SIN for a few days on the way back, so can always try out a few other places

Cheers, Ian
Try JUMBO Seafood - locations: East Coast Seafood Centre, Boat Quay, Clarke Quay.

Personally prefer the East Coast place.
fly4fun is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 05, 3:31 am
  #3  
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: SIN (LEJ once a year)
Programs: A3*S, LH, SQ, BA, IHG Spire AMB, HH Gold, Marriot Silver
Posts: 4,890
Originally Posted by IAN-UK
"No-name Seafood" has been suggested in the office, any comments on this or advice on somewhere else ?
I guess you mean "No Sign Board" seafood restaurant in Geylang. It is quite good and a place where many of my local friends go. Not fancy though - but that makes it so pleasant for a change.

Last edited by demue; Apr 7, 05 at 3:33 am
demue is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 05, 3:41 am
  #4  
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: DEL/TYO/SAN
Programs: UA 1K
Posts: 201
Originally Posted by demue
I guess you mean "No Sign Board" seafood restaurant in Geylang. It is quite good and a place where many of my local friends go. Not fancy though - but that makes it so pleasant for a change.
No Sign Board seafood on Geylan Rd is great. It's not fancy as you sit on plastic chairs, but you can tell by the clientle that it is an extremely popular place.
csakamoto is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Apr 7, 05, 3:46 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Posts: 11
As an alternative, if you some to go somewhere posh, the Cliff at the Beaufort (it's a hotel on Sentosa island. The island is accessible by taxi from mainland Singapore) is probably the best 'western' seafood in town. The restn. is also very very pretty!
Globe Trots is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 17, 7:02 pm
  #6  
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Programs: KF Silver (lol)
Posts: 1,594
My personal favourites for crab are Seafood Paradise, for their creamy butter crab, and Mellben for every other crab style. Not very touristy and/or upmarket and/or have nice ambience for a birthday dinner though ...
shuigao is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 17, 3:37 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Land of Oz
Posts: 697
Just ate on new years Eve at Chinatown seafood restaurant. Very well priced for chilli crab and very much the size they said it would be, the other food on their menu was great too and beers well priced.
very busy place but thoroughly enjoyed everything.
Firemansam is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 6, 17, 2:05 am
  #8  
FlyerTalk Evangelist
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Sydney Australia
Programs: No programs & No Points!!!
Posts: 12,010
Husband absolutely loved his chilli mud crab on Mosque Street.
Annalisa12 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 17, 2:22 am
  #9  
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 92
You can also try red house seafood. pretty popular with the Japanese crowd.

they have 3 branches; all at central area.
qwerty23 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 12, 17, 7:16 pm
  #10  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 2,003
Originally Posted by demue View Post
I guess you mean "No Sign Board" seafood restaurant in Geylang. It is quite good and a place where many of my local friends go. Not fancy though - but that makes it so pleasant for a change.
Originally Posted by csakamoto View Post
No Sign Board seafood on Geylan Rd is great. It's not fancy as you sit on plastic chairs, but you can tell by the clientle that it is an extremely popular place.
Another vote for no sign board seafood. Not cheap though.
Vaucluse is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 17, 10:01 pm
  #11  
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Singapore
Posts: 324
When I bring friends around, I like Jumbo Riverwalk near Clarke Quay. It's apparently featured in Korean guidebooks, but the quality is honestly pretty decent. Easy to get to as well.
Ryvyan is offline  
Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread