Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Singapore Transit VISA

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2023, 7:50 pm
Original Poster

Singapore Transit VISA

I am travelling from India to san Fransisco. I have a 7 hr layover at Singapore changi airport. I need to change flights (two different airlines) and terminals. I donot intend to come out of the airport. Do I need a transit visa or anything else for that matter.I hava an indian passport and will be going to sfo on f1 visa.

Last edited by vzoster123; Mar 10, 2023 at 8:27 pm
Old Mar 10, 2023, 8:20 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by vzoster123
I am travelling from India to san Fransisco. I have a 7 hr layover at Singapore changi airport. I need to change flights and terminals. I donot intend to come out of the airport. Do I need a transit visa or anything else for that matter.
What is your passport country?
Old Mar 10, 2023, 8:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by moondog
What is your passport country?
i have an Indian Passport and a valid f1 visa for USA.
Old Mar 10, 2023, 9:18 pm

i have an Indian Passport and a valid f1 visa for USA.
Here's what TIMATIC says:
Visa required.

TWOV (Transit Without Visa)

Nationals of India with a confirmed onward air or cruise ticket to a third country within 96 hours under the Visa Free Transit Facility (VFTF). They must:
- have a multiple-entry visa issued by Australia, Canada, Germany, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, USA or United Kingdom valid for a minimum of one month, and
- have documents required for the next destination.

Nationals of India with a confirmed onward air or cruise ticket to a third country within 96 hours under the Visa Free Transit Facility (VFTF) traveling on the return leg of their itinerary. They must:
- have a used single-entry visa issued by Australia, Canada, Germany, Japan, New Zealand, Switzerland, USA or United Kingdom, and
- be returning from the country that issued the visa, and
- continue to their country of residence, and
- have documents required for the next destination.
Old Mar 10, 2023, 9:24 pm
Original Poster

I have a valid f1 visa and travel documents. I think i meet the conditions mentioned in the 1st paragraph. Do i still need a visa?
Old Mar 10, 2023, 10:18 pm

I have a valid f1 visa and travel documents. I think i meet the conditions mentioned in the 1st paragraph. Do i still need a visa?
That's my reading as well, BUT
1. I am not an expert in this area
2. More importantly, I'm not the person who's going to check you in for the flight

Maybe some others will chime in with thoughts over the course of the next several days.
Old Mar 11, 2023, 11:16 am

Programs: Nothing anymore after 20 years
You do not need a transit visa for Singapore.
Old Mar 11, 2023, 10:51 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
You don't need a transit visa for Singapore for your route.

I assume you are on a single ticket so your luggage will get through checked to SFO. And as long as you're traveling between Terminals 1, 2 & 3 you'll remain airside all throughout.

If you need to travel to or from T4 or you need to recheck your luggage at SIN then you will need to go through immigration and and get a 4 day transit visa. AFAIK you can do this visa free transit only once per journey.
Old Mar 12, 2023, 4:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by PiperAtGatesofDawn
If you need to travel to or from T4 or you need to recheck your luggage at SIN then you will need to go through immigration and and get a 4 day transit visa. AFAIK you can do this visa free transit only once per journey.
No need for a visa even then.

There are now airside buses to take PAX from T1/T2/T3 to T4.

If vzoster123 needs to recheck luggage, they can simply approach a transit counter with their boarding passes/tickets/bag tags and those at the transfer desk will arrange for your bags to be transferred and even check you in if needed.
kevino likes this.
Old Mar 12, 2023, 5:08 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold, Marriott & SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, ShangriLa Jade, Enterprise Plat, Taj Gold
Originally Posted by serfty

There are now airside buses to take PAX from T1/T2/T3 to T4..... at the transfer desk will arrange for your bags to be transferred and even check you in if needed.
Wow... that's great they finally connected the terminals airside!
Old Mar 15, 2023, 11:58 pm

Originally Posted by serfty

There are now airside buses to take PAX from T1/T2/T3 to T4.

If [..] needs to recheck luggage, they can simply approach a transit counter with their boarding passes/tickets/bag tags and those at the transfer desk will arrange for your bags to be transferred and even check you in if needed.
Sorry to hijack.. kind of new to layover / transferring airlines. Is this a sure thing?

If I have an inbound QR flight on 1 ticket and separate ticket for a SQ flight ~ 8 hours later, I could get my bags transferred and check-in all while airside without going through the whole immigration > pickup bags > re-check-in > security?
Old Mar 16, 2023, 12:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: ►QFWP/LTG►VA WP►HyattExpl.►HiltonGold►ALL Silver
Originally Posted by Elvasoshexai
Sorry to hijack.. kind of new to layover / transferring airlines. Is this a sure thing?
It is what it is - it was suspended during COVID but I have been told it is available again. Just approach a transit desk on arrival and ask,

Worst case is they say no and you would have to the "whole".
Old Mar 19, 2023, 1:07 am

Programs: IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Elvasoshexai

If I have an inbound QR flight on 1 ticket and separate ticket for a SQ flight ~ 8 hours later, I could get my bags transferred and check-in all while airside without going through the whole immigration > pickup bags > re-check-in > security?
The Transfers desk should be able to sort you out. Found the below info when looking for transit/ transfers info for Singapore
Additional Information:
Passengers transiting with separate tickets can check-in for the connecting flight in the international transit area. Exception: The facility to check-in for the connecting flight in the international transit area does not apply when passengers arrive or depart on Air Asia (AK), Indonesia AirAsia (QZ), Thai AirAsia (FD), Air India Express (IX), Cebu Pacific Air (5J), Firefly (FY), Indigo (6E), Jetstar (JQ), Jetstar Asia (3K), Jetstar Pacific (BL), Lion Air (JT), Scoot (TR), Spring Airlines (9C) or VietJet Air (VJ).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.